Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Feb 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3612837)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
South Downs stages

South Downs Stages at Goodwood kicks off at 9am next Saturday

Last edited by justracing; 7 Feb 2016 at 20:23.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3613038)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
We were a reserve for this but now have a confirmed entry (and are seeded 7th! that's our highest ever seeding). We're still waiting on gearbox parts but we're currently expecting the box back midweek - fingers crossed time!
Old 11 Feb 2016, 09:11 (Ref:3613913)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The gearbox is being collected from SWR today should be back in the car by this evening.

Free entry for spectators at Goodwood but the weather is looking grim.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3614148)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

I'll be there, yes I am mad, any other forum users going?
Old 12 Feb 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3614172)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Yep, son and I will be providing moral support to the Higson / Mead Toyota. At least, I sincerely hope more than moral support won't be required!
Old 12 Feb 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3614299)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralph?
Old 12 Feb 2016, 22:20 (Ref:3614319)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ralph?
yes; minor correction - it's a Mitsubishi !
Old 12 Feb 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3614323)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just too damned far I am afraid
Old 13 Feb 2016, 18:49 (Ref:3614451)   #9
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The gearbox is being collected from SWR today should be back in the car by this evening.

3rd in class and 12th overall, well done you guys Given the amount that the back was sliding about particularly this morning, I'd say that's a pretty good result. Did you have a hiccup on the last stage? I noticed you lost a few seconds from SS8 time.
What a thoroughly cold, wet and bl..dy freezing day, thanks for the entertainment.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 09:00 (Ref:3614568)   #10
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was there...and heading back shortly for clear up. Didn't see much of the rally but as an official did not expect (or hope) to. Good to catch up with BettMk2 and others, it's been a few years since I was last at the event (which was as a competitor) but good to be back.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 13:58 (Ref:3614616)   #11
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Many thanks to all the hard working event organisers and marshals for their dedication on a cold, wet challenging day in February. Well supported by a few hardy fans and well organised and by my reckoning a pretty good standard of driving from the competitors Where to next I wonder?
Old 14 Feb 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3614659)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
3rd in class and 12th overall, well done you guys Given the amount that the back was sliding about particularly this morning, I'd say that's a pretty good result. Did you have a hiccup on the last stage? I noticed you lost a few seconds from SS8 time.
What a thoroughly cold, wet and bl..dy freezing day, thanks for the entertainment.
We were pleased with the result (and to get a finish!) but there was more pace in the car so we were a bit flat about that. The tyres just weren't working for us - we normally trade stages times with a friend of ours - usually only a couple of seconds between us on stages (we beat them at Goodwood last year by 1 second at the end of the day), yesterday they took 33 seconds off us on the first stage - that's new Michelin wets against 5 year old Dunlops. We couldn't get the power down, get the car to turn in or stop so it was a bit frustrating. Tyres were very much the limiting factor for us yesterday.

Having said that we had good fun - the lack of grip meant we were very sideways at points, we had a huge slide at Lavant in the afternoon that must have looked pretty good from the outside! We dropped the time on the last stage on the final couple of corners, overcooked it slightly into a corner then the car bogged down a bit coming out of the corner We got lucky though as the 306 had clutch problems on the last stage and dropped a lot of time meaning we snatched 3rd in class right at the death.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3614665)   #13
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Bert, any more events planned? I rather suspect the gearbox issue must have hit the pocket pretty hard! I spectated at the tight chicane by the Super Shell building for a quite some time in the afternoon and the tail wagging episodes were quite something to watch from a number of competitors, not just yours! Car sounds great by the way
Old 14 Feb 2016, 21:46 (Ref:3614669)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Nothing planned yet - as you suspect the gearbox repair means that some penny saving is required for a while. We'll have a look and see what's going on once we've replenished the funds a bit.

The chicanes were quite tight - the tail wagging out of them wasn't too bad, it was controlled slides

The old girl does sound good doesn't she? She's got a real 'bark' when she's coming towards you, the induction noise is a wonderful sound.