Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Apr 2016, 08:30 (Ref:3635051)   #51
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No I don't think that the tyres on the car are the same thing at all the races in that Donington is a great way to get a good day of racing and I have to say that the soft tyre isn't a bad thing. I love it when people are having to think about the right way to use it for the weekend and I don't know what else to say.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 08:37 (Ref:3635052)   #52
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Had another cracking day at Donington for the BTCC, got there just before the tourers first race so missed all the fun of the Clio's first race which a pitty but the rest of the day was spot on.

Here's my vid of the days action, skip to 24:45 to see Neal's overtake for the lead in the final race shot from the newly opened infield as u can see from the start of the Craners all the way to exit of McLeans in one one go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLI...vqrqneutd0ix04
Nice video! That looks like a great spot to watch. Good to see they opened that section again, it looked terrible when I was there in 2013. It also seems a lot busier than three years ago! And certainly much warmer
Old 20 Apr 2016, 09:47 (Ref:3635073)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You are not wrong with the new viewing of the Craners. I don't know what took the bosses so long to get the viewing back to normal and I have to say that the entire circuit and the infrastructure looks like a good job done with the new version of the circuit.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 10:16 (Ref:3635075)   #54
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don't know what took the bosses so long to get the viewing back to normal
Money. The place was a mess and needed a lot spending on it to get it fit for purpose again.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3635206)   #55
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Nice video!

My favoured spot was the infield at Schwantz Curve - good view from Craners to McLeans and a quick turn on the spot for the back straight.
Old 22 Apr 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3635725)   #56
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Enjoyed all 3 races.

I had expected better results for Andrew Jordan.
Old 23 Apr 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3635867)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
having missed last weekends races due to being at silverstone for the WEC i managed to avoid all the news and watch todays repeated highlights on itv4, Glad i did 3 brilliant races
Old 24 Apr 2016, 13:36 (Ref:3636043)   #58
CJFG
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
CJFG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A thoroughly enjoyable day at Donington Park last Sunday, definitely worth going to live now that the full infield is accessible to watch from. A big crowd and nice weather too (though it was colder than it probably looked on TV.) Jackson blasted straight through the middle of the MGs in the first race, he won it there really. Scott spun at the first turn and Ollie Jackson ran wide too. Depper spun at Redgate after shedding a wheel and stupid driving from Simpson collected Welch. Cole's Subaru went up like a naff bonfire, and though the marshals were a tad slow, they put it out effectively when they arrived. That caused the race to be called early but a solid win for Mat Jackson and a good top-10 finish for Turkington's Subaru.

The second race was a tale of Collard grinding his way to the front after Mat Jackson ran away from the start. In contrast, Ingram slipped back throughout, as did Sutton, though Ingram was involved in a brilliant battle with Goff and Aron Smith, but came off worst of the trio. Epps spun directly in front of me towards Schwantz Curve and was lucky not to hit the wall. Turkington retired after his top-10 finish earlier. I think Mat Jackson did well to hold the lead for as long as he did carrying full ballast but it was only a matter of time really before Collard shot past. A win for Collard, a second podium in 2 weekends for Aron Smith but a total disaster for Ingram in 15th.

The Hondas were the class act in the third race, Neal and Shedden steadily carving their way through. Their tyres came good as those on softer rubber dropped off later in the race. Ingram's race followed the path of the second, struggling to get back towards the front. Lack of consistency, and struggles with tyres, ruined what should've been a better weekend. Fletcher, on the other hand, looked very racy, and despite scoring no points, he pulled off some great overtaking at the chicane, at least 3 times. But a 1-2 finish for Honda, Neal heading Shedden, and good finishes too for Depper (11th) and Epps (13th), the latter's first points in only his sixth BTCC race.

My main memory from Donington though was the plight of Plato. It's very odd to see him struggling. I understand why, developing that new Subaru, but this was his first weekend without a points-scoring finish in 12 years, a round at Brands Hatch in 2004, and that must be worrying him. On the other hand Honda are already looking strong but 6 winners in 6 races leaves the competition wide open as the series heads to Thruxton.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3636121)   #59
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If the Subarus haven't got their act together by Thruxton, I think they can probably be ruled out of the title race. Other drivers are pulling too far ahead. It's a shame to see BMR struggling so much, but winning with a brand new car, let alone an estate, let alone one which did no little pre-season testing, was always going to be hugely ambitious.
Old 26 Apr 2016, 15:19 (Ref:3636473)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

There have been a lot of Manufacturers that have struggled in their first year. Look at Honda in 1995, struggled at first, then by the end of the year they were podium achievers, then race winners in 1996. Or Ford in 2009, backmarkers at first, then at the last round got on pole, then next year title challengers