Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 May 2016, 06:05 (Ref:3641522)   #26
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Gasly on pole, from Nato and Lynn. Fine lap from Malja, more than I expected. An abundance of talent near the front of this field, and also near the back - Evans was only 18th!!!
I think you'll find his car is rubbish. Even his team-mate is last.
Old 14 May 2016, 08:50 (Ref:3641543)   #27
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame that Igor Mazepa is dead. When he was there, Russian Time was a great team.
Old 14 May 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3641597)   #28
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
If I were Trevor Carlin, I'd contact Renault and offer the seat to Esteban Ocon.
Ocon had the chance to run GP2 this year, but he said clearly that he would have preferred to run DTM.

Amazing Canamasas and Markelov today! By the time Gasly will learn not to kill the tyres, he will win a GP2 race.
Old 14 May 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3641616)   #29
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there was a whoops by RC as someone forgot there needed to do a extra lap after time run out
Old 15 May 2016, 04:32 (Ref:3641677)   #30
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished watching Race 1. I simply don't know what to say. I had so much hope for Sirotkin, and yet that spin, oh god. Hopefully he learns to live with expectations and doesn't crack as such under pressure.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2016, 11:12 (Ref:3641709)   #31
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good field this year though, lots of good drivers. Plus Canamasas.

It's just missing Ocon, Rosenqvist. Stanaway, Stoneman, Bernstorff should all be in it as well. Instead we get Canamassas!

Looks like Prema will be regular contenders, yay another top team! Although I'm not much of a Gasly fan, he consistently fails to learn how to manage the tyres. But with no Vandoorne perhaps ART don't have the drivers to take the title this year. Sirotkin is good, but he's no Vandoorne. Should be a good exciting year, finally after the pretty dull domination of Vandoorne and Palmer the last 2 years. This year the points might jump back and forth between Prema, Dams, Art. Racing Engineering seems quick, Marciello in a better car, Rowland and Evans, Ghiotto even, have potential to move up.

Campos though, damn, they've gone backwards. Gelael a silly block, but still not as bad Parry in GP3.
Old 15 May 2016, 11:36 (Ref:3641713)   #32
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
not as bad Parry in GP3.
Lots of fresh talent in GP3 this year means some poor drivers who have been kidding themselves are going to be seen for their real level
Old 16 May 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3642149)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
That Galael-Giovanazzi shunt was scaryyyyyyyyy

Could've been so much worse, Galael is out of his depth at this level and should have been doing GP3 or 3.5 to continue learning with less eyes on him.

He was looking in the wrong mirror for Antonio for crissakes...

What did I make of driver's relative performances in the first 2 races?

Pretty much as expected although Evans was woeful, can't be down to him! I guess he's there as a mentor-coach for Galael as Dillmann was last year in 3.5?

Nato utterly mugged Gasly on Saturday, top attempt but really he should have been able to repel that.

Rowland impressed me, still needs to come to terms with tyre management in the longer race but showed his mettle on Sunday, preserving tyres and then quickly despatching people towards the end when he upped his pace a bit. If the race had completed the 2-3 laps lost under the SC end he may well have got higher than 6th. I think he will rise and rise throughout the season.

Latifi was very solid. Anyone think he might actually be a dark horse for the title?