Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:26 (Ref:3692974)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nico Rosberg retires!!

Link here
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3692976)   #2
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico Rosberg Retires!

I can't seem to post a link using my phone but sky sports are reporting it and if you check out his personal Facebook page it's on there too.

Pascal to Merc now?

Bet Ocon is kicking himself now for taking the Force India drive, unless merc can overturn it?!?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3692977)   #3
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Leaves a nice seat open for 2017.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3692978)   #4
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38185846

I didn't see that coming.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:29 (Ref:3692979)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Leaves a nice seat open for 2017.
Depends if it is open - or is/was already lined up for someone?

They aren't listing any vacancies...

http://careers.mercedesamgf1.com/vac...inessarea=Race
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:29 (Ref:3692980)   #6
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unexpected
So Pascal Wehrlein in Mercedes next year?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3692981)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well no one saw that coming
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3692982)   #8
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wtf
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3692983)   #9
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well no one saw that coming
WTF WTF WTF

OMG

I bet Pascal Werlein is just loving this 1000%
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3692985)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Bloody hell Lewis.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3692986)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was very unexpected. He'll be missed in the paddock. Maybe another German driver to fill his shoes. Vettel perhaps?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3692987)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mer...racing-career/

'
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3692988)   #13
karting
Racer

Jenson Button to come out of retirement?

😂
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3692990)   #14
karting
Racer

Jenson Button to come out of Instant retirement
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:39 (Ref:3692993)   #15
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso will be looking for loopholes in that Honda contract right now. Or maybe Vettel suddenly can't speak Italian.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3692994)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BOOM! Out of nowhere! I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

Richard
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3692995)   #17
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
Jenson Button to come out of Instant retirement
huh? They already have an experienced Brit in the team, and a strong driver development program with a number of candidates.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:42 (Ref:3692998)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
BOOM! Out of nowhere! I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

Richard
Teamwork - Mercedes were aware from Tuesday, but held back the announcement so that Nico could do it in his own time.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:42 (Ref:3692999)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Alonso will be looking for loopholes in that Honda contract right now. Or maybe Vettel suddenly can't speak Italian.
If I was Alonso... I would drive for free to get into the Mercedes. Then JB back into McLaren.

Richard
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3693000)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Nico, he won his Championship, and had the courage, and good sense to make a major decision at the right time by announcing his retirement. He is after all a family man and presumably has put family first rather than chasing further titles.

I wish him well for the future.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3693001)   #21
Richard C
Veteran

New theory... Rosberg was a stealth regular on this forum and he just got tired of the Abu Dhabi race thread going on for page and pages days after the race about him and Lewis and who is the better "person" and who is right or wrong, blah, blah, blah and figured his retirement would derail that thread. Can we un-pin the Abu Dhabi threads now!

Richard
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3693002)   #22
Richard C
Veteran

Admins... Merge threads ?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3693004)   #23
karting
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
huh? They already have an experienced Brit in the team, and a strong driver development program with a number of candidates.
I can't see them throwing either Pascal or Ocon into the top team after a season. Plus how tight is Ocon contract with Force India?

Which then made me think, who's experienced enough for the seat who isn't tied in. Button or Massa is the answer

This isn't a mid field team where a new guy without much experience can join. They won't want someone learning in a championship winning car in a season where it's gonna be a lot closer
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3693005)   #24
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprise, surprise.

Hamilton and Verstappen please
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3693009)   #25
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Lewis went straight into McLaren and missed the title by a point.