Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Mar 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3721204)   #301
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Monaco tends to have a different steering rack to allow the cars to actually function there.
Is four wheel steering allowed?

I am jesting...........
Old 24 Mar 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3721250)   #302
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Is four wheel steering allowed?

I am jesting...........
You jest, but... That might not be a bad idea to be allowed in the future.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3721385)   #303
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I know I harp on about the length thing, but it was mentioned during FP1 last night that the current Mercedes has a 3.7m wheelbase.

That's absurd. Also mentioned was that the cars of the early 90's to about the mid 00's had wheelbases in the 2.5m range.

They've grown 1.2m in wheelbase, and now they can't get out of the garages without assistance, at least that's what they said about the Williams.
They have also added 228 kgs or 501.6 lbs!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3721413)   #304
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I know I harp on about the length thing, but it was mentioned during FP1 last night that the current Mercedes has a 3.7m wheelbase.

That's absurd. Also mentioned was that the cars of the early 90's to about the mid 00's had wheelbases in the 2.5m range.

They've grown 1.2m in wheelbase, and now they can't get out of the garages without assistance, at least that's what they said about the Williams.
I was watching Qualifying today and they can get out of the pit garages without assistance.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3721428)   #305
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I was watching Qualifying today and they can get out of the pit garages without assistance.
According to Sky commentator the Merc of Bottas was having to be wheeled out on those dolly things because it hadn't got enough lock. Maybe it depended on which box the cars were in, as not sure if they had to do the same with #44......
Old 25 Mar 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3721478)   #306
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
According to Sky commentator the Merc of Bottas was having to be wheeled out on those dolly things because it hadn't got enough lock. Maybe it depended on which box the cars were in, as not sure if they had to do the same with #44......
I think your right Mike, I think pit stop equipment was between his and Hamilton's garage, It looked like he would have had to come out further in a straight line before turning right, in order to get around them, but didn't then have the steering lock. Hamilton didn't have anything at the right hand side of his garage door, so could pull out easily.