Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jan 2004, 17:13 (Ref:841662)   #1
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Third driver clarification as I'm confussed!

From what I gather friday testing duties are to be performed by a driver with 6 or less grand prixs in the last two years under thier belt. Does this mean people like Justin Wilson can do other test dates? Fisi and Massa are currently testing the Ferrari or will be soon so are they in breach of the rules or is it just from the friday of the first race to the sunday of the last etc...?! :confused: :confused:

Last edited by Phoenix1; 17 Jan 2004 at 17:14.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 17:21 (Ref:841669)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I believe that each team can use who they like for the other test days, but a driver has to have completed less than 6 f1 races over the last 2 years be able to do the friday test.

BS rule if you ask me.

Last edited by Mr V; 17 Jan 2004 at 17:22.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 00:09 (Ref:841969)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
V has it right (and I agree with the last line too - thank you Ron Dennis).
Old 18 Jan 2004, 01:08 (Ref:842001)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so does that mean Williams can still use Gene , even though he has done over 6 GP's they were not in the last 2 years ??

or Wurz for McLaren , or Delarosa, or Zonta or anyone like that , hey they could even use Ricardo Patrese if they wanted to even though he has driven in 256 Gp's , none were in the last 2 years.

do I have myself correct with this ???
Old 18 Jan 2004, 01:14 (Ref:842006)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Thats correct Marcus (not sure about delaRosa though, did'nt he race in 2002?).

It seems to be about tyres. They dont want an ex-Michellin driver testing a Bridgestone car and vica-versa.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 02:13 (Ref:842026)   #6
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Except McLaren and Williams can't use a third car on Friday as they finished in the top 4.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 09:45 (Ref:842165)   #7
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like a whole load of waffle to me. Put who you want in the cars and let them drive.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 10:33 (Ref:842216)   #8
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But it does mean that Sauber can run Badoer...right?
Old 18 Jan 2004, 12:07 (Ref:842288)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Technically yes, but it looks mroe likely that their regular tester Neel Jani will have the role.

It is a silly rule. The top teams all have at least one regular tester who isn't ineligable through the rules (mostly experienced drivers) whereas guys like Wilson and McNish are being forced out. If Massa or Sato didn't have race drives, they'd be affected too.

The notion that the rule is bringing new drivers in (such as Jani, Davidson and whoever the other teams run) is short-sighted as well. What happens if they get drives, in place of someone like Klien or Bruni? Neither of those guys can do these regular test sessions, so they'll slip off the radar, and we've got a vicious cycle.

It is indeed anotehr case of Ron making it look like he's doing something for the strugglign teams, but in reality he's doing as ittle as possible, and has probably carefully calculated it so that he can get an advantage (remember that they're the only team with 2 test drivers with F1 experience)
Old 18 Jan 2004, 21:30 (Ref:842679)   #10
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course it's all Ron's fault. Everyone knows that he runs F1 not Max or Bernie. While you're at it you might aswells expose him as being the man behind Saddam and Osama. Who knows, it may have even been him on the grassy knoll.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 22:13 (Ref:842728)   #11
nippy
Racer

nippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How are Fisi and Massa able to test for Ferrari if they are contacted to Sauber and how can Luca Badoer Test for Sauber if he is Ferrari's test driver ....has someone got crossed wires or does because Sauber use a customer engine mean the contracts don't matter.

owwww my head is pickled friends???
Old 18 Jan 2004, 23:16 (Ref:842799)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by rpolinski
Of course it's all Ron's fault. Everyone knows that he runs F1 not Max or Bernie. While you're at it you might aswells expose him as being the man behind Saddam and Osama. Who knows, it may have even been him on the grassy knoll.
I think you'll find Ron has openly admitted he is opposed to changing this rule as he does'nt want valuable tyre data going to BS teams.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 21:40 (Ref:844622)   #13
Patrese256
Rookie

Wales
UK
Patrese256 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
hey they could even use Ricardo Patrese if they wanted to even though he has driven in 256 Gp's , none were in the last 2 years.
Riccardo has told me he will make a comeback if Schumacher approaches his record so you might not be too far off the mark there marcus Then again his laughter when he was saying it suggests maybe not
Old 21 Jan 2004, 00:30 (Ref:844811)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Now thats something I would Love to see
Old 21 Jan 2004, 08:19 (Ref:845105)   #15
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You and me both.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.