Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 May 2004, 20:25 (Ref:969124)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans Roll Call

So just a month to go, four weeks or 31 days to the best weekend of the year. So who will be joining me at Le Mans and if you when are you arriving and where are you staying etc:-

Me, well I am travaling out with SL in his E-Type Jag, arriving on Expo campsite sometime on Wednesday afternoon. We will joing by Nordic on Thrusday afternoon.
Old 12 May 2004, 20:44 (Ref:969144)   #2
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rob, will you start from Hillsborough ?
Old 12 May 2004, 21:11 (Ref:969174)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
Rob, will you start from Hillsborough ?
Hillsborough we don't talk about that football team anymore. Anyway Le Mans who, what, where and when?
Old 12 May 2004, 21:14 (Ref:969180)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is the same mode of transport as us!
SL must have had that about a year now, I remember him getting it
Old 12 May 2004, 21:19 (Ref:969188)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
My bro and me are heading out from Innsbruck again . Big silver airplane , that I work on ..... Gulp !!! Going camping again and meeting up with some folks we met last year . At the minute we are building "Aircraft Spec" deck chairs . These will be the mark.4 edition !!! Every year we modify them with lighter and stronger bits . This year they will be 2 inch's shorter than last year , but 2 foot higher . Go figure that one out !!! You can get about 4 feet higher than anyone else cuz you can stand on em !!!

We will be arriving on the Saturday or Monday before for the annual pilgrimmage !!! Camping down at De-Houx complex . Great to have a snnooze to the sound of a Judd V10 belting around the track at 4 in the morning !!!
Old 13 May 2004, 05:06 (Ref:969446)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Huh, Rob, are you volonteer to gather the "TT entry list" ?

Have we some news from Simon (aka SL), BTW ?
Old 13 May 2004, 07:25 (Ref:969501)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be coming out of course with the Tourists once again. There will be 13 of us this year (hopefully not unlucky for some!) and we'll be in our "bus" again! The vast majority are seasoned Le Mans vets, although I think there may be one making his LM debut. Unfortunately our Le Mans festivities start rather later than many, we'll be travelling over Portsmouth to Caen on the night boat with Brittany (sadly ferries, not Spears....) on Thursday night, before motoring down to get to the circuit for the walkabout on Friday lunchtime. So if any of you see us, give us a wave!
Old 13 May 2004, 07:48 (Ref:969517)   #8
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Groupc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets arrived yesterday, hotel in Beaumont sur Sarthe re- booked when I checked out last year.

Travelling Wednesday via tunnel. New EOS10D (thanks for the advice Ayse, Paul Sands and Sander) arrived on Tuesday, Canon EF 300mm f4 L IS USM Lens (I think that's the full title...) arrives today or tomorrow. Fences? What fences ?!

Can't wait !
Old 13 May 2004, 08:23 (Ref:969544)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Have I to say I'll be there, on the spot friday morning for three days...

...and three Ten-Tenths meetings !

Last edited by Fab; 13 May 2004 at 08:23.
Old 13 May 2004, 08:33 (Ref:969556)   #10
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be late as ever, overnight Motor Racing International coach from Chester, arriving around 7:00am on Saturday morning (24 hours of Le Mans - more like 72 hours....). Just me this time and my trusty old Ricoh SLR, should I bring by digital camera as well....
Old 13 May 2004, 08:45 (Ref:969565)   #11
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
myself and colleague will be on thursday morning dover-calais ferry, with eta of 5pm...just in time for qualifying. staying in a private house five minutes from the circuit that we've stayed in the last three years. will be armed with nikon f4 and dih, plus 500mm f.4 with huge label reading "ALLSPORT". give me a wave!
Old 13 May 2004, 09:05 (Ref:969583)   #12
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be going over on the Sunday night ferry from Poole-Cherbourg, and getting to LM for around Monday lunchtime, and only returning the following Monday lunchtime. That way i'll be at scrutineering, practice and the race.

I'll be working out at post 106 with the marshals there (located between Arnage and Porsche curves), but you'll find me all over the place during the week.

In case you don't know me, just look out for a disabled driver's Ford Focus that is covered with Martini stripes and Telefonica Movistar wording (aka McRae's car of 2001) - it'll be me inside.

Not bad for someone disabled 4 years ago, and has now been allowed to marshal again by the ACO!

Cheers, and hope to see you all there.

Steve
Old 13 May 2004, 09:26 (Ref:969599)   #13
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Groupc
Tickets arrived yesterday, hotel in Beaumont sur Sarthe re- booked when I checked out last year.

Travelling Wednesday via tunnel. New EOS10D (thanks for the advice Ayse, Paul Sands and Sander) arrived on Tuesday, Canon EF 300mm f4 L IS USM Lens (I think that's the full title...) arrives today or tomorrow. Fences? What fences ?!

Can't wait !
Canon EF 300mm f4 L IS USM Lens -- excellent choice GroupC!

I guess most of the PLM team should be there by Thursday noon (Frank, Vin, Roger, Rob, Koert and myself) while the rest (8+!?) will arrive on Friday. As always we will drop the cars in parking blue and overnight there.

The Planetlemans.com t-shirts we're working on should be ready within a couple of days so give a shout if you recognize us.

No 300mm of 500mm for me... I'll have to do it with an 70-200 2.8L and an extender. But hey, the 1D mkII just arrived...

See you all at the TT meeting!

Last edited by vandijk; 13 May 2004 at 09:34.
Old 13 May 2004, 10:37 (Ref:969654)   #14
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a ten-tenths get together then...we are going (8 of us) in a variety of cars..
Old 13 May 2004, 11:58 (Ref:969721)   #15
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are four of us this year (one Le Mans virgin), going on the overnight ferry Tuesday night to get down to Le Mans for Wednesday dinner time.
Camping in the Airtrack VIP campsite (so we don't smell to bad!), we will have a large union jack stuck on the side of a Mercedes sprinter van and plenty of cold beer, so if you see us call in for a beer.
Old 13 May 2004, 12:11 (Ref:969740)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
......should I bring by digital camera as well....

Yes.

Join the club......
Old 13 May 2004, 13:17 (Ref:969814)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I'll be there as usual in a group of 20 odd, going Porstmouth Caen on Wednesday Night, returning on Monday Afternoon. We are camping in Maison Blanch and have seats in Leonard.

For transport we have a variaty of cars from Renault Espaces through Austin Healeys to a Porsche and a Ferrari Dino - see you there
Old 13 May 2004, 13:40 (Ref:969846)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heading over Saturday June 5 in a caravan of car and van with around 8 of my colleagues (Mags, Noel, Mrs. Noel, Noel's Dad, djb, etc.) -- crossing Portsmouth to Le Havre Saturday night and driving in Sunday morning, stopping at the McDonalds just the other side of the Chess Piece Roundabout for breakfast and then on to Houx Annex to set up camp. We'll be there til the last champagne is sprayed on Sunday night, head to Alencon for a wash and a good night sleep and then on up the highway home.
Old 13 May 2004, 14:08 (Ref:969882)   #19
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gastonomic extravagence tour down on Wednesday (couple of Nobles (one of them with Lee in) and a Mosler or M5) to Rollcentre team hotel in Ruaudin. Team chef Raymond is looking after us (!) with exception of Friday Lunch at - Chateau-sur-Loir, Friday evening in the square.

With any luck podium celebrations on Sunday 16:15 horrific booze-a-thon-bender then reverse gastro tour back on Monday, totally sober of course.

Everone wanting to hoon down - pls be careful on the A26 just south of Calais, Les Flics are on the offence again this year. They had a practice wekend a couple of weeks ago.
Old 13 May 2004, 15:32 (Ref:969964)   #20
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Groupc, what a splendid idea staying in Beaumont. Beautiful little town. You're so going to regret mentioning it!!!

Bluebottle and I will be travelling Thursday morning Sea France to Calais and then aiming for our usual haunts near Arnage.

As for hooning down? To be honest, France is too nice to want to rush. Already anticipating the leisurely boulangerie stop at Bourgtheroulde and the little journey break at Nonant le Pin.

Perhaps this year I'll even manage a 10-tenths meetup. Somehow on race morning catching the support race coming through Virage Indianapolis waylays me each time. Shall endeavour to do better this time.
Old 13 May 2004, 15:38 (Ref:969970)   #21
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Have I to say I'll be there, on the spot friday morning for three days...

...and three Ten-Tenths meetings !
I will be on the spot from friday before to tuesday after

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 13 May 2004, 16:19 (Ref:970001)   #22
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still don't know yet. In the middle of a legal thing, but if it gets settled, I will be there with wifey-poo. Although I've been there about 15 times, I haven't been since the middle 80s...
Old 13 May 2004, 18:16 (Ref:970106)   #23
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be taking the Thursday morning (8:30 ish) crossing from Portsmouth to Caen, to meet my mate Martin who's going over a few day's earlier with his family. We're meeting at Falaise to drive down in convoy to camp at Houx Annexe; so if you see a white Tickford (lookalike!) Capri (Martin) and a light green Saab (me) trying to keep up, give us a toot!
Old 13 May 2004, 18:23 (Ref:970113)   #24
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I will set of for La sarthe at midnight on tuesday to arrive at about 7 in the morning togethet with 5 friends.
We will be at the Houx campsite for the first time after 11 years of trying.
We will be wearing orange clothing for most of the week as we feel Holland might be lucky this summer.....
Old 13 May 2004, 18:53 (Ref:970150)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Looking good, looks like we are in for a good turn out again. Oh Mr Antill is joining use too, or so I belive.