Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 8 Oct 2003, 02:20 (Ref:743580)   #1
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A nice note from Team Herdez

Hi guys and gals- I recently sent an email to Herdez Competition asking them to either keep Roberto Moerno in the car for Mexico City or possibly run a third car. Here is their response:

Hi Adam:
First, thanks for your note to the team's website. I have passed along your note to our team principals. However, please understand that by the time the decision was announced to the public it was really too late to reverse that course. The time, preparation, staffing etc required to enter three cars for Mexico City was not viable for us as a team without sacrificing potential performance at the remaining races in Australia and Fontana. (I know that Walker is doing it but that is a different situation.) For Grupo Herdez, the commercial opportunities to running a second Mexican driver at the biggest race of the season (for Champ Cars and our sponsor group and our team) were too big to ignore.

We appreciate your input and I know Roberto is always glad to hear from his fans. I hope you will continue to support the team at Mexico City AND when Moreno returns to the car for the final two events of the year.

Thanks again for taking the time to email us.

Paige E. Pell
Herdez Competition Public Relations

All in all I was pleasantly surprised with the response but would still like to see Moreno in the car.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 02:47 (Ref:743592)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
me too , been a huge fan of Roberto's for years a shame but at least its only for one race.

its Roberto Gonzales that is replacing him right ???

if so is this the guy who drove for Dale Coyne's team in Round 1 this year ????
Old 8 Oct 2003, 03:45 (Ref:743615)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Yes... And yes.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 10:08 (Ref:743851)   #4
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thta's good. Always nice to firstly see teams respond and secondly respond with more than one liners. Good on them and although it's a shame there is no third car it's better to wait than have a dog of a car at the back which will iscourage rather than encourage sponsors.
Old 8 Oct 2003, 10:36 (Ref:743889)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gonzáles has already had payments bounce twice this year, and it'd be a real shame if it ha[ppened again. It's just unfortuante that the team had such a good run in the previous race before the one Roberto sits out.