Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Oct 2015, 16:22 (Ref:3583384)   #1
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
BE Russian TV Interview

Pour yourself a drink, sit down, take a deep breath and read this ..

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015...on-russian-tv/

I will drop a line or two below...

"He said that Sepp Blatter made a mistake by stepping down from his role at FIFA.
“I don’t think he should have ever stepped down, and I don’t think he should have ever been challenged, because it’s because of him we have a lot of countries around the world that are now playing football. And if these people allegedly have been corrupted to make things happen in their country, it’s good. It’s a tax football had to pay.”
Old 16 Oct 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3583437)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It seems to pretty much sum up how BE thinks the world works (or should work). I can imagine him petting a cat in his lap as he did the interview with jump suited henchmen running around in the background adjusting knobs on large machinery. Where is Sean Connery when you need him?!

Richard
Old 16 Oct 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3583449)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Ecclestone, Blatter, Putin...all dictators in their own circle....not surprising their are talking friendly over each other.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3583456)   #4
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are you really surprised? This is the man, after all, who had to apologise for making public his admiration for Hitler!

I don't think that he knows half of what he says; he just believes that all publicity is good publicity. All he does is open his mouth and all the rubbish comes out, and he does it without thinking of the consequences.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3583459)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
BE Russian TV Interview

He's too senile to see it. He's got no morals left. That said I can see him stroking that cat
Old 16 Oct 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3583460)   #6
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

The man who paid £60m to avoid a court case
Old 16 Oct 2015, 21:25 (Ref:3583465)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
The man who paid £60m to avoid a court case
He paid that to avoid a conviction that would've sent him to prison if I recall correctly.

I could've predicted word for word what he was going to say before he did that interview. Blatter and Eccelstone represent the last of the sporting strongmen to be replaced by more anonymous commercial executives.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3583470)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He's too senile to see it. He's got no morals left. That said I can see him stroking that cat
I wish it was senility. Worse than that, this is the way he actually thinks and always has done.
Old 17 Oct 2015, 06:31 (Ref:3583511)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It would be funny if not for the fact that people take him seriously!!
Old 18 Oct 2015, 15:34 (Ref:3583918)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it sort of reads like a personal admission to either his own handing out of bribes or willingness to accepting them.

an odd public statement to make in the scope of his past legal issues and with a current threat of an EU anti trust investigation looming.
Old 18 Oct 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3583951)   #11
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
it sort of reads like a personal admission to either his own handing out of bribes or willingness to accepting them.

an odd public statement to make in the scope of his past legal issues and with a current threat of an EU anti trust investigation looming.
You forgot to mention that it also keeps Formula One in the news at a time when the championship is almost over and there are few real news stories.
Old 19 Oct 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3584126)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
You forgot to mention that it also keeps Formula One in the news at a time when the championship is almost over and there are few real news stories.
the old adage that there is no such things as bad press...

cant say i agree with that anymore. while i agree that the media will fill up the space with as many stories as they can and if its not about racing then it will be about other aspects in the sport but people are not just reading about F1 nor do they have a desire to read about things that are negative.

F1 is not in a vacuum. it has to compete for column inches and pages hits with every other global sport. if the stories become too negative in one sport readers will just change their focus to another sport.

we saw this with cycling. at the time of the doping scandal people read everything they could about lance Armstrong. there might be a short boost in interest because of negative stories but long term people just associate the sport as being bad in general and ultimately tune out everything associated with it.

also see this with crime and war reporting, and currently with an election today in canada, stories covering elections. people just get sick of reading bad stuff and with so much sad or depressing stuff in the world and with a happy story being just a click away people will tend to gravitate towards funny cat pictures or whatever.

negative press is a way to make people disinterested not more interested imo. thats actually why negative attack adds work so well in politics...its aim is to keep people from voting not to make them more engaged/interested in what they are reading about.
Old 19 Oct 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3584185)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 19 Oct 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3584195)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That's right Adam, thanks ....

Last edited by JeremySmith; 20 Oct 2015 at 04:46.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 14:54 (Ref:3584999)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched and read the interview and it's more or less what I expected from Bernie Ecclestone. Some of it made sense, some of it was controversial and I wasn't surprised about his comments regarding Putin and the US.

He has done a hell of a lot for F1 but now I think the sooner he goes the better.

Interesting that he chose Jochen Rindt.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3585000)   #16
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Double post for some reason!
Old 23 Oct 2015, 15:00 (Ref:3585004)   #17
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I watched and read the interview and it's more or less what I expected from Bernie Ecclestone. Some of it made sense, some of it was controversial and I wasn't surprised about his comments regarding Putin and the US.

He has done a hell of a lot for F1 but now I think the sooner he goes the better.

Interesting that he chose Jochen Rindt.
I think that the interview was more for consumption in Russia than elswhere. But I would also say the interview alongside Mosley on the German media was closer to the real Mr E, i.e what he actually thinks, rather than what he thinks that the questionner wants to hear.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 16:39 (Ref:3585016)   #18
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's 84, he'll be dead soon.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 16:54 (Ref:3585019)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I think that the interview was more for consumption in Russia than elswhere. But I would also say the interview alongside Mosley on the German media was closer to the real Mr E, i.e what he actually thinks, rather than what he thinks that the questionner wants to hear.
Undoubtedly it was more for Russian consumption, which is why I said it's it's more or less what I expected.

I'm watching the German interview now, so it will be interesting to compare.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3585084)   #20
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It had nothing to do with Russian consumption. Russians are as happy as clams with their GP.

Eccelstone is trying to rally the FIA into a cavalry charge against the teams/manufacturers.

Kind of like an unsettled King trying to reassert his authority over increasingly powerful and demanding nobles.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3585298)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It had nothing to do with Russian consumption. Russians are as happy as clams with their GP.

Eccelstone is trying to rally the FIA into a cavalry charge against the teams/manufacturers.

Kind of like an unsettled King trying to reassert his authority over increasingly powerful and demanding nobles.
All that stuff about Putin and Daniil Kvyat not being in the right car; that was for Russian consumption.
Old 25 Oct 2015, 10:21 (Ref:3585407)   #22
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another Bernie interview on Formula1.com. I wonder did he instruct what questions he wanted asked?

Nothing new in it.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-...cclestone.html

The only thing is why is doing so many interviews lately, is he trying to divert attention from something else?
Old 25 Oct 2015, 11:27 (Ref:3585419)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Another Bernie interview on Formula1.com. I wonder did he instruct what questions he wanted asked?

Nothing new in it.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-...cclestone.html

The only thing is why is doing so many interviews lately, is he trying to divert attention from something else?
Maybe he feels he just needs to be more in the public eye and in control?
Old 25 Oct 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3585464)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
All that stuff about Putin and Daniil Kvyat not being in the right car; that was for Russian consumption.
if it was just for russian consumption he should have said it in russian. he gave an english interview to a russian reporter that easily spread to english markets via the internet. he must realize by now just how far his comments travel.

either he dosent get the internet is or he knew exactly how far these interviews/comments would go. imo it was more then russian propaganda for the russian market. BE got something he needed out of this or, as other have suggested, perhaps just an attempt to reclaim his diminishing position.
Old 25 Oct 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3585467)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
The interview wasn't for Russian consumption at all. The Kyvat point is an aside in a much wider power struggle. Kyvat isn't in a bad team anyway.

Eccelstone is trying to pile on the pressure on the teams/manufacturers with all these various interviews and he has really upped the stakes with this "independent engine" grenade.