Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it out of ten?
10 6 11.54%
9 17 32.69%
8 18 34.62%
7 7 13.46%
6 1 1.92%
5 1 1.92%
4 0 0%
3 1 1.92%
2 0 0%
1 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Oct 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3585787)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9. Enjoyed it
Old 26 Oct 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3585801)   #27
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gave it 9, but on reflection perhaps I was a little over-generous. It's an ugly-looking track, even if it's challenging to the drivers. (What idiot decided on painting those garish colours all over the place?) And the "safety" (hah!) car spoilt things a bit. Again, why do we have the virtual safety car and still bring out the unvirtual one?
Old 27 Oct 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3586042)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Yep an easy 10 from me as well.

Would like to add a couple of points if I could because of how the circus handled the rain delay the day before. For the first time maybe ever they tore down the wall that separates them from the fans.

For a lot of reasons, this was a special weekend.
We are a very friendly bunch here in Austin, we appreciate and love our Grand Prix
Old 28 Oct 2015, 10:24 (Ref:3586162)   #29
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
seriously though, given the conditions all weekend at COTA, i think they did a great job clearing up incidents and having shorter than normal SC periods.
16 of the 56 laps were run under Safety Car (virtual or physical), that's 28.5%

Cleaning up Ericsson's Sauber took 6 laps. Especially this one took waaay to long.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 14:25 (Ref:3586198)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
on a dry track i would agree thats a lot of SC laps. on a wet to drying track, 16 laps over 3 incidents i dont think is excessive. to each their own of course but i dont feel like the safety car periods took away from this race.

then again im a LH fan and after failing to pit during the Hulk SC period, i dont think LH would have found himself behind Nico prior to Nico's off it he didnt have the opportunity to pit after Kvyat's shunt. i guess i welcomed that SC so im biased
Old 29 Oct 2015, 12:55 (Ref:3586395)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfettafan View Post
Absolutely average I thought, not a nice track and far too many virtual and real safety car periods - why does it take so long to clear debris, remove a car to a safe area, get back to racing with the backmarkers having to do a full lap - it is a farce. At least with NASCAR they clear the problems quickly, get back to racing quickly - Indycar drivers, last time I watched it are able to do rolling restarts, all too often F1 drivers are hopeless in comparison at restarts.
Very positive overview .....