Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No question Danny Watts.
In F3 he a few times beat Piquet Jnr.
In F Renault he beat Hamilton
and after a year without driving a single seater at the last F3 race of the season in a one off drive he outqualified and subsequently beat F3 regulars Bruno Senna, Oliver Jarvis and Mike Conway
Silverstone LMES, 2nd day ever in the car he was the only driver who could keep in touch with the Peugeots.
One of the most underated drivers in the country
Old 23 Mar 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2423058)   #27
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Adam Carroll, not that I'm biased or anything
Old 24 Mar 2009, 05:11 (Ref:2423312)   #28
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't we just short circuit this and say none of them!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2423353)   #29
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
Why don't we just short circuit this and say none of them!
You are most welcome to if that is your opinion. That is what a discussion forum is for! But do you believe that Adrian Sutil (for example) is better than Adam Carroll (for example)?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2423397)   #30
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
F3 Rocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
You are most welcome to if that is your opinion. That is what a discussion forum is for! But do you believe that Adrian Sutil (for example) is better than Adam Carroll (for example)?
Obviously the people that matter do, don't underestimate Sutil we have seen nothing of his potential, totally the wrong driver for your comparison and don't be fooled into overestimating Adam
Old 24 Mar 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2423829)   #31
Tyrrell
Rookie

Tyrrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly true F3 Rocks. Personally I can't fathom why Neel Jani didn't feature on Dietrich Mateschitz's radar ahead of Sebastien Buemi unless - Helmut Marko?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2423831)   #32
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil had/ has better management perhaps. As for skills.. I am not totally convinced about Sutil either.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 23:48 (Ref:2424885)   #33
Ssom
Rookie

Ssom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Earl Bamber would have a good chance in F1, he's a very gifted driver and is still very young. Problem is that NZers can never get the sponsorship together for a crack at modern F1 (The obvious exception being Brendon Hartley).
Old 11 Apr 2009, 02:30 (Ref:2438411)   #34
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Earl Bamber is only a teenager but I rate him highly. A very mature driver for his age.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2438528)   #35
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think of the current crop Felipe Albuquerque is the one who'll be most sorely missed in F1.

His racing CV is immaculate, and if it wasn't for Red Bull deciding he wasn't the chosen one he could easily have been WSR champion and stably in GP2 now.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2438989)   #36
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Clarke will not be gracing an F1 grid any time soon... unfortunately he had to grace an A1GP one.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 22:10 (Ref:2439027)   #37
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
Dan Clarke will not be gracing an F1 grid any time soon... unfortunately he had to grace an A1GP one.
It's debatable whether 'grace' is the right word.

On a brighter note, Tonio Liuzzi did much better today than I expected, although the situation was complicated by red flags and this ability to use boost in qualifying for one race but not the other.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2439045)   #38
jackschmidt
Racer

jackschmidt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as I liked to see Liuzzi in front, I really do not like the power-boost laps. Anyway, Doornbos seems like the man to beat. I feel sorry for Neel that it has ended up the way it did for him. Just really difficult to pull out quick times with qualifying marred with red flags.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2451086)   #39
Keyfabe
Rookie

England
Leeds
Keyfabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carroll, Albuquerque & Doornbos spring to mind, I dont like Jani much, Andretti doesnt look anything special.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2452182)   #40
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyfabe View Post
....Andretti doesnt look anything special.
He's an Andretti though. In some people's mind that automatically means he's a potential race winner in anything from lawnmowers upwards. Not mine....
Old 4 May 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2455010)   #41
ASRoma
Rookie

ASRoma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Chengdu, I was really impressed by Prost Jr. He always showed very good pace in the rookies and was very strong in Kyalami. Portugal was a bit disappointing but this weekend he was really on fire, his pace in the two races was really impressive, it's a shame he had that electronic problem because I think he could have fought for second. I'm really interested to see how he evolves in the future. He has got great spped, needs to improve racecraft.

I also agree that Albuquerque and Bamber could be F1 material. Albuquerque has done a very strong season, especially considering that he is less experienced that most of the other guys. Bamber showed some really good things, but he is still a bit wild and needs to calm down a bit.

I think the others already had their chance, Jani, Carroll, or Doornbos. I think they are amazing drivers, they would be very competitive in F1, but you usually only get one chance in F1.
Old 4 May 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2455049)   #42
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
"Dan Clarke will not be gracing an F1 grid any time soon... unfortunately he had to grace an A1GP one. "

After seeing a fighting performance, I am willing to take back my comment... DC was a pleasure to watch yesterday, he was battling very hard.
Old 4 May 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2455069)   #43
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
"Dan Clarke will not be gracing an F1 grid any time soon... unfortunately he had to grace an A1GP one. "

After seeing a fighting performance, I am willing to take back my comment... DC was a pleasure to watch yesterday, he was battling very hard.
I agree that after yesterday it's probably appropriate to withdraw the comment about the A1GP grid, but not F1. Dan will never make it there, not should he.

He did drive with some spirit yesterday. His pass on Australia into Paddock was a classic, even if John Martin left the door wide open for him and he did have fastest lap for a while. Ironically, it was Martin who took fastest lap in the end.

Don't forget either that Clarke knows Brands very well indeed, certainly the shorter Indy section, because that is where he won the Formula Ford Festival.
Old 4 May 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2455134)   #44
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
I'm not taking the F1 comment back, don't worry - it was the A1GP one I meant.

Yes he knew the track - it was the first time he had driven in a track he knew and it showed. He made a very good overtake and drove very quickly which was good to see after all the slagging off that people (me included ) have been doing.

He's not Kerr, Jarvis or Watts but he looked like an average replacement yesterday rather than a really inferior one as he did previously.
Old 5 May 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2455829)   #45
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ummm....I'd say he is a "Kerr" actually. RK isn't F1 material and he's struggling to go further than WSbyR and in his case I'm not sure that finances alone are the issue.

Adam Carroll looked F1 class in qually 2 for sure. What a wonderful lap that was to watch.
Old 5 May 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2455858)   #46
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Adam Carroll: "I can qualify, I can race, I can overtake and I can win... I can fight for the world championship in Formula One"

http://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/2.../carrolla.html
Old 5 May 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2455921)   #47
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Ummm....I'd say he is a "Kerr" actually. RK isn't F1 material and he's struggling to go further than WSbyR and in his case I'm not sure that finances alone are the issue.

Adam Carroll looked F1 class in qually 2 for sure. What a wonderful lap that was to watch.
That's selling Kerr a bit short isn't it? He was always near the front, Clarke has however only had one good race so far.
Old 6 May 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2456283)   #48
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Quote:
That's selling Kerr a bit short isn't it? He was always near the front, Clarke has however only had one good race so far.
...in A1GP. Dan had several good races in Champ Car (but by no means all). Robbie has struggled to have a good race since A1 sadly. Quite suprised me really.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2534137)   #49
AC4 F1
Rookie

AC4 F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ADAM CARROLL'S TIME HAS COME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Don't think any of them would set F1 on fire if they got a drive tomorrow.
Heard the main media in Ireland 'talking up' Adam Carroll's chances - seems now officially to be in final negotiations with at least one team!
Old 10 Jan 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2610915)   #50
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was Yoong ever faster than Verstappen? I don't think F1 was a good reflection on his ability, he lost confidence quickly and that was that.
Nope.