Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Dec 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2798065)   #1
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pitpass speculation

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=42668
Old 1 Dec 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2798093)   #2
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Generic subject is generic...

On the issue of Bernie getting hold of Silverstone, it would at least mean that the race would be on the calendar for some time to come. That would be a good thing.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2798097)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh i'm not taking solely pitpass's view on this one...

Selby
Old 1 Dec 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2798122)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
On the issue of Bernie getting hold of Silverstone, it would at least mean that the race would be on the calendar for some time to come. That would be a good thing.
...for those who think the GP is the be-all and end-all of racing. For almost anything else I doubt the outlook would be so rosy.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2798594)   #5
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest there was nothing wrong with the current pits, might needed a bit of modernisation but compared to may of the traditional circuits on the F1 calandar, Silverstone is not the worst by any standards. The infield section new for 2010 is not all that either.. I think they should have got rid of Abbey chicane, so Abbey would be a fast left hand sweeper which makes Bridge even more of a challenge, they could have extended priory a bit.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2798603)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and now you know how "journalists" keep themselves occupied during the off season.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2798611)   #7
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldnt be assed to click the link, would it be unreasonable of me to ask that all topic titles were properly named about the topic being discussed? "Pitpass speculation???????questionmark" is not what I would consider a good thread title.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2798623)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Typical Pit Pass article. No sources, just claims. Did you know that Bernie is going to buy Yas Marina as well? He is. You heard it here first.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2798635)   #9
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I couldnt be assed to click the link, would it be unreasonable of me to ask that all topic titles were properly named about the topic being discussed? "Pitpass speculation???????questionmark" is not what I would consider a good thread title.
Oh, dear. Grumpy much? Weather getting a bit much?
Old 2 Dec 2010, 14:38 (Ref:2798643)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Typical Pit Pass article. No sources, just claims. Did you know that Bernie is going to buy Yas Marina as well? He is. You heard it here first.
:O

I shall let my sources know..!!!

Selby
Old 2 Dec 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2798647)   #11
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey29 View Post
Oh, dear. Grumpy much? Weather getting a bit much?
It is polite when starting a thread linking to another site to provide some information as to the subject matter. A good opening post would look something like this:

Apparently, Bernie Ecclestone might be buying silverstone.

Quote:
If sources are to be believed, Bernie Ecclestone could be close to finally winning control of Silverstone

Following an earlier report elsewhere, Pitpass has now had it confirmed by a highly reliable source that leading accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers has put together a proposal for the sale of the Northamptonshire track.

Source: Pitpass
What do you think?
Old 2 Dec 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2798708)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps a good thread title might have been: "Despite this appearing in "Pitpass.com" it might be true...."
Old 3 Dec 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2799176)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was going to be about pitpasses, not some unfounded speculation about the future of Silverstone.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 02:03 (Ref:2799350)   #14
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It took me 3 days to even bother on opening the thread. I have to admit the mere word 'pitpass' in it scared me away and I still have not bothered to click the link posted in the thread opener . All the info I needed was in the one or two lines of replies here. It has been three days since the thread appeared and I have yet to even see any vague reference at any of the more reliable / respected F1 sites, so I put it down to Pitpass trying to attract readers and attention with no real hard facts.

Bur why, oh why, do people have to make thread titles cryptic clues?
Old 4 Dec 2010, 02:51 (Ref:2799359)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
It took me 3 days to even bother on opening the thread. I have to admit the mere word 'pitpass' in it scared me away and I still have not bothered to click the link posted in the thread opener . All the info I needed was in the one or two lines of replies here. It has been three days since the thread appeared and I have yet to even see any vague reference at any of the more reliable / respected F1 sites, so I put it down to Pitpass trying to attract readers and attention with no real hard facts.

Bur why, oh why, do people have to make thread titles cryptic clues?
Maybe, in both cases, it helps to while away those long, dark, winter months.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 04:12 (Ref:2799367)   #16
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hehehehehe, winter??? Its just getting into summer here in Melbourne.... Just sitting here, Temperature is a comfortable 30C, cloudless sky, Just had some lunch, beer in hand and now watching the V8 Taxis playing on the Streets of Sydney in the V8SC Championship. (Actually waiting for the 'live coverage' to start (on a race that is actually almost over in real time)

Sorry to hear of the cold snap and snow in Europe.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2799413)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not watching the Ashes then?
Old 4 Dec 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2799436)   #18
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hehehehe following that on the BBC cricket equivalent of 'Live Timing' online.... (with a quick flick of the remote to get a bit of the TV coverage when the motor racing went to one of its many ad breaks)

And loving it!

Im a Pom who has lived in Australia now for 25+ years, but am still a staunch Brit when it comes to the Ashes.

Hopefully the Poms will clean up and I can get onto the 'phone to ring a few Aussie mates who have given me constant grief of previous occassions when things have been n the other foot.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2799501)   #19
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
It is polite when starting a thread linking to another site to provide some information as to the subject matter. A good opening post would look something like this:

Apparently, Bernie Ecclestone might be buying silverstone.

What do you think?
Agreed.

I don't agree with the criticism of PitPass.com elsewhere in this thread, though.

It's an independent media F1 website that, unlike some high-profile publisher/broadcater-owned sites, doesn't pull its punches when it comes to commenting about teams, administrators and promoters.

It's one of the few media websites to doubt the viability of ultimately doomed projects including Donington and USGP.

Another positive aspect is that its writers generally seem to be old enough to have attended school before trendy educators dumped English grammar and spelling from the curriculum!

Despite the site's healthy scepticism of the sport's controllers, its 'business editor' (and widely published financial journalist) Chris Sylt's direct line - and regular lunch booking! - with Bernie Ecclestone isn't to be sneezed at.

Like all media PitPass.com doesn't get everything right, but at least it has the guts to speak on behalf of fans instead of 'the establishment'.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2799556)   #20
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
Hmmm, lessons learnt. Apologies for vague thread title. Consider me told off and sitting on the naughty step.

I don't think the title is cryptic. I simply thought it might spark a discussion. I do feel rather patronised by the comments however. Especially when reading/writing on here is supposed to be for fun.

Again apologies for any offence caused.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2799675)   #21
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey29 View Post
Hmmm, lessons learnt. Apologies for vague thread title. Consider me told off and sitting on the naughty step.

I don't think the title is cryptic. I simply thought it might spark a discussion. I do feel rather patronised by the comments however. Especially when reading/writing on here is supposed to be for fun.

Again apologies for any offence caused.
Don't take the criticism to heart too much Mickey. I had read the pitpass article and understood exactly what you were on about. Those who would judge Pitpass or had allowed their opinion of Pitpass to prejudice them against reading the article may not have understood so much....
Old 4 Dec 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2799725)   #22
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Those who would judge Pitpass or had allowed their opinion of Pitpass to prejudice them against reading the article may not have understood so much....
Now now, that's a bit silly.

It's no big deal, but it is always polite to give an indication of what you're linking to. That's all.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2799740)   #23
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Now now, that's a bit silly.

It's no big deal, but it is always polite to give an indication of what you're linking to. That's all.
No, its not a big deal, and I agree that where practical its good to link to the subject you ar eintroducing into a thread where possible but that is not always practical or possible for some people.
Mickey 29 just seemed a bit taken aback at the response he got so I was simply noting that not everyone was offended at his post.
Some contributors to the forum (not you by the way) seem to think that everyone has to think like them and don't show as much respect to others as they should.
Its doesn't harm any of us to be gentle with each other at any time....
We should all be a lot slower to judge, a lot quicker to forgive and be able to put ourselves in another's shoes and see that their point of view is just as valid as ours....
Old 5 Dec 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2799847)   #24
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
It's an independent media F1 website that, unlike some high-profile publisher/broadcater-owned sites, doesn't pull its punches when it comes to commenting about teams, administrators and promoters.

Like all media PitPass.com doesn't get everything right, but at least it has the guts to speak on behalf of fans instead of 'the establishment'.
That's the thing though - If I wanted opinion, I talk to my friends or use message forums. I like my news websites to relay the news, using facts and nothing else - and with no spin, regardless if it's the spin of "the establishment" or the spin of "the fans".