Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Mar 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3036823)   #26
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have sent 888, DJR, FPR, Kelly Bros, Dorna (Moto GP) emails with examples of their photos being sold by this seller and links to their originals to see if I can stir them up.

Got this reply from 888;
Thanks Tony, we are aware of this seller and have reported them before (as have our photographers).

We appreciate you passing on the details.

Rivetting stuff - NOT ! Sounds like their warnings that pop up when you click on each photo about misuse are all bluff !
Old 9 Mar 2012, 03:01 (Ref:3037354)   #27
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
So wouldnt logically if V8s see something being sold that contrivenes there rules they follow it up (assuming they were intereted in enforcment)

they dont know if it has been stolen, just that those photos do not meet the rules they have set

afterall (nothing personal Fordo just for example) maybe he really is selling them and pretending its someone else. how would v8s know
Sure they could. My point was more about the incorrect assertion that V8s owned the copyright. But ultimately, they're trying to enforce a set of rules that the seller never accepted because they never entered the race circuit.

All the rest of it is neither here nor there - it's a matter of stolen property between eBay and fordo.

V8s and the teams it seems have more pressing things to focus than a guy scamming for a few dollars.
Old 13 Mar 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3040535)   #28
fordo
Racer

Just recieved this;

Thank you for pointing this out. We take this very seriously and are looking into it.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards

--
Customer Support
mail@motogp.com
Old 13 Mar 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3040638)   #29
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444
to do this you have to buy something, to which you can then leave feedback
Seeing Ebay are being so limp wristed you (Fordo) could advise them that because they cant / wont do anything your next and only course of action will be as follows :

Keep bidding on every illegal photo posted to win the auctions and then dont pay for them.

Then, if Ebay still cant / wont do anything to stop it, at least you know you'll be p'ing off the thief because they cant get a legitimate buyer to sell the images to
Old 13 Mar 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3040654)   #30
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FORDO,

mate it stinks that someone can do things like that and selll your photos, but unfortunately, that is the way of the world, today, get what ever you can at the best price, people dont care where it comes from. I have been the same situation and really in the end no one really cares which is the sad part. Majority of people are hurting financially and a dollar is a dollar to them. All you can do mate is large water mark right across middle of photo.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 03:22 (Ref:3040728)   #31
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedreader View Post
Seeing Ebay are being so limp wristed you (Fordo) could advise them that because they cant / wont do anything your next and only course of action will be as follows :

Keep bidding on every illegal photo posted to win the auctions and then dont pay for them.

Then, if Ebay still cant / wont do anything to stop it, at least you know you'll be p'ing off the thief because they cant get a legitimate buyer to sell the images to
just make sure you create a brand new user ID so that your existing one (if you cherish your previous feedback) is kept out of the saga
Old 15 Mar 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3041904)   #32
fordo
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
FORDO,

mate it stinks that someone can do things like that and selll your photos, but unfortunately, that is the way of the world, today, get what ever you can at the best price, people dont care where it comes from. I have been the same situation and really in the end no one really cares which is the sad part. Majority of people are hurting financially and a dollar is a dollar to them. All you can do mate is large water mark right across middle of photo.
Agree and done which is a pity for the true enthusiasts but as you say it is the way society has gone.

It bothered me that someone had done it and I got the listings removed asap but the ones I feel sory for are the others who have no idea that this is happening which is why I started this thread to let people know.

Hopefully DORNA (Moto GP) will have the clout to get something done for all of us but I doubt it.

Maybe the Mods should lock this thead now as all the legal Info from Ebay about how to stop the listings etc has been listed and it is now up to the individuals/teams/DORNA to follow up their own products. I can't do any more for them.
Cheers
Tony
Old 27 Mar 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3049208)   #33
gibson.lp
Rookie

gibson.lp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have also found some more ebay members that are stealing peoples photos.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Visual-Art...=p4634.c0.m322

http://stores.ebay.com.au/thesellingplace
Old 27 Mar 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3049214)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
About time ebay piracy was stopped altogether, I am a ligitimate trader and printer and I cannot compete with these cowboys working from home and paying no VAT or taxes. I had to laugh the other day, someone came into my shop witha 'canvas' print he had paid a tenner for on ebay, it was a rip off of a copyright poster and about A4 size and the quality was amazingly poor and very low resolution. He wanted it stretch mounted I said not a chance mate it was totally the wrong size apart from anything else.