Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Jul 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2735060)   #1
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the Eastern Creek upgrades still going ahead?

Hello Australia, does anyone have any ideas what happened the Eastern Creek upgrades?

I remember reading about it in Autosport a few months ago, there was something about it hosting a GT1WC round with a brand new layout.

Things have been quiet, so is it still going ahead or not?

Thanks!
Old 29 Jul 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2735235)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last I heard that was all off the table. I think the plan Apex came up with was very underwhelming, especially considering the price tag.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2735296)   #3
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You mean this? They say building should commence later this year but I don't think that deadline will be met.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2735323)   #4
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that's the one.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 00:52 (Ref:2735566)   #5
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ECreek Gt1 race was ruled out ages ago in preference to the Gold Coast gig left vacant by IRL and then A1GP. Since then the V8s have taken over the whole show and the Surfers track has been shortened.
The Eastern Creek upgrades won't be happening in the foreseeable future if at all as there is no government support for it. They have committed to the Homebush street race and won't be looking to spend any money at ECreek.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 05:44 (Ref:2735624)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The current track would have been fine for FIA GT1 wouldn't it. It is FIA Grade 2 licenced, hence it could host A1GP etc....

The Apex plan would have spoilt the track in my opinion. The layout is fine, they should do more around the outside of the track though (tree's, flatten corporate Hill and put some amenities out the back so its better to spectate out there etc...)
Old 30 Jul 2010, 23:05 (Ref:2736123)   #7
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
I hope not, it looks like it will be like Winton, stop/go medium and slow corners and losing the fast turn one and complex onto the main straight. What was turn two reminds me of the Southern Hairpin at Mallala.

I agree with racer69, the facilities need upgrading more than the layout. And the bumps on the way into turn two.

Jeff

Old 31 Jul 2010, 04:53 (Ref:2736195)   #8
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard that they are fixing the joiner between T4 and T9 to make a proper short track that is safe for racing.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 2 Aug 2010, 02:33 (Ref:2737905)   #9
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff 8 View Post
I hope not, it looks like it will be like Winton, stop/go medium and slow corners and losing the fast turn one and complex onto the main straight. What was turn two reminds me of the Southern Hairpin at Mallala.
you'd actually lose the whole lot, as the direction would be reversed...
Old 29 Jan 2011, 00:49 (Ref:2822103)   #10
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Upgrade to go ahead. Second pit lane so 2 circuits can operate at the same time.
http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2011/01/...eastern-creek/

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 29 Jan 2011, 01:40 (Ref:2822113)   #11
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Upgrade to go ahead. Second pit lane so 2 circuits can operate at the same time.
http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2011/01/...eastern-creek/
That sounds like exactly what they need for the right price. Great deal. It will increase revenue and use of the facility. Driving schools and other programs don't need the full track size to function.

The $93 million thing looked like it accomplished the same thing except for moving dirt around everywhere.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2822241)   #12
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is good news

Anyone got a copy of the track layouts?
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:56 (Ref:2822561)   #13
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is hoping that they dont make a right hash of it.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2823366)   #14
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
With some luck it might turn out like Snetterton has. I think this track layout is much better then the one Apex suggested a few years ago. All the track needs is the tarmac to be relayed, a snazzier pit lane and a slightly longer track. If they want to make the track a grade one track, then it would make more sense if they slowly worked their way up. Play their cards right and 2015 might be a good (Or bad if you look at Donington Park) year for them.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2823508)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
With some luck it might turn out like Snetterton has. I think this track layout is much better then the one Apex suggested a few years ago. All the track needs is the tarmac to be relayed, a snazzier pit lane and a slightly longer track. If they want to make the track a grade one track, then it would make more sense if they slowly worked their way up. Play their cards right and 2015 might be a good (Or bad if you look at Donington Park) year for them.
I don't think they should ever go for an F1 race. F1 has gotten to the point that there is nothing in it for the promoter or race holder. The only people that can pay the price is developing countries eager to buy in and make themselves a 1st world country by holding such status events.

There is more to life than F1 and I encourage the ARDC to continue to use fiscal sense.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2823518)   #16
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where are the "new" pits going, they aren't displayed on the upgrades map anywhere.

Question for the people that actually have driven EC in anger, what is your opinion on the kink right before the left hander on the southern side of Corporate Hill (Turn 6 or 7?). The 3 flowing corners before (from being a spectator) can lead to cars wanting to pass one another at this complex, but the kink seems to cancel that opportunity out. I would have thought if it is a straight left hander without the kink, it could be another "under braking" passing opportunity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I don't think they should ever go for an F1 race. F1 has gotten to the point that there is nothing in it for the promoter or race holder.
agreed
Quote:
The only people that can pay the price is developing countries eager to buy in and make themselves a 1st world country by holding such status events.
or Bernie himself
Old 31 Jan 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2823541)   #17
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Question for the people that actually have driven EC in anger, what is your opinion on the kink right before the left hander on the southern side of Corporate Hill (Turn 6 or 7?). The 3 flowing corners before (from being a spectator) can lead to cars wanting to pass one another at this complex, but the kink seems to cancel that opportunity out. I would have thought if it is a straight left hander without the kink, it could be another "under braking" passing opportunity?
Nah leave that as is I reckon, I quite like that section, lots of fun going in their hard with the right side of the car launching off the ripple strip on the right then hard on the brakes to make the apex
Old 31 Jan 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2823542)   #18
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
where are the "new" pits going, they aren't displayed on the upgrades map anywhere.
Got a link for said map?
Old 1 Feb 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2823566)   #19
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Got a link for said map?
post #10 by mtpanorama in this very thread?
Old 1 Feb 2011, 02:36 (Ref:2823596)   #20
Shane001
Racer

Australia
haha, I saw that but assumed it was just a link to another article lol!

I reckon that's a winner! Both the split circuits will be fun to drive (especially the larger one) and we still have the full circuit for larger events. Should be able to do it with minimal disruption as well, although we might be running on the larger split circuit for a little while.

Before I bought my racecar a few years back I did the V8 Drive thing for 5 laps and they used the link between 4 & 9 for this. Done right this would be a pretty cool section of track
Old 2 Feb 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2824449)   #21
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Quote:
I don't think they should ever go for an F1 race. F1 has gotten to the point that there is nothing in it for the promoter or race holder. The only people that can pay the price is developing countries eager to buy in and make themselves a 1st world country by holding such status events.

There is more to life than F1 and I encourage the ARDC to continue to use fiscal sense.
There is much more then F1, but it was a suggestion if they did wanted it.

Anyway if they still wanted an international event then why not try for GT1, IMLC or even Super GT?
Old 3 Feb 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2824853)   #22
Boulevard_Cruiser
Rookie

Boulevard_Cruiser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Nah leave that as is I reckon, I quite like that section, lots of fun going in their hard with the right side of the car launching off the ripple strip on the right then hard on the brakes to make the apex
Agreed, get it right there and it feels GOOOOD!
Old 5 Feb 2011, 03:43 (Ref:2826001)   #23
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am so used to going the way it is now I think it would be weird, also I think they would have to increase the run off in that turn and the next because of the increased speed.

Jeff
Old 17 Jul 2011, 01:59 (Ref:2927561)   #24
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed a lot of earth works around Turn 4. Does this mean the upgrades have commenced?
Old 17 Jul 2011, 10:29 (Ref:2927676)   #25
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, nearly 3 weeks ago in fact.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/06/28/...creek-upgrade/