Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Dec 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2802757)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dismissing Autosport. The natural state.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 02:26 (Ref:2802806)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I the only one saddened by the seemingly relentless attempt to dilute Lotus' history down to a paintjob?

Added to the "we thought of it first" bickering between two teams with almost the same name... I'm sorry but it is just embarrassing.

Nice licks of paint though.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2802865)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Similar to F1, Autosport is sadly a mere shadow of the publication I would religiously buy in the pre internet days. It is now just another bit of mass media clamouring for readers or moreso a headline.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2802873)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Similar to F1, Autosport is sadly a mere shadow of the publication I would religiously buy in the pre internet days. It is now just another bit of mass media clamouring for readers or moreso a headline.
Pretty much.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2802894)   #30
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
Chapman

and

Chap down the road selling fakes
Would that be De Lorry Then?

I would think some of the imaginative dealing going on would have been right up Colin's alley.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2802929)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Am I the only one saddened by the seemingly relentless attempt to dilute Lotus' history down to a paintjob?

Added to the "we thought of it first" bickering between two teams with almost the same name... I'm sorry but it is just embarrassing.

Nice licks of paint though.
Yeah, I feel the same. And not forgetting people fighting over "rights" to use a name or a group of names that the fans love... in fact they just want to profit over it.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2802940)   #32
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Would that be De Lorry Then?

I would think some of the imaginative dealing going on would have been right up Colin's alley.
Maybe,but bear in mind that he was the first one to get other people to pay for his racing via sponsorship.Impossible to imagine him throwing money into another team.I expect he would have enjoyed the avalanche of publicity and found a way to profit from it.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2802952)   #33
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Team Lotus are to revert back to their green - yellow livery, apparently.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2802956)   #34
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
would make sense....to be honest thats the colour that team lotus are most famous for from the old jim clark days so it would make more sense to use them
Old 11 Dec 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2802981)   #35
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good decision. Will make it less confusing and helps Team Lotus separate themselves from Group. Fernandes announced they will run another fan competition to design the green and yellow, and will paint a showcar in the winning black/gold design. That's good of them