Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Feb 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2829728)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TRS (Essex) Ltd Brands Hatch Stage Rally - 22nd January 2012

Chelmsford MC are pleased to confirm that Stage Rallying will return once again to Brands Hatch in 2012 on Sunday 22nd January.

After the successful running of the TRS (Essex) Ltd Brands Hatch Stage Rally on 30th January 2011, a number of meetings have taken place between Chelmsford MC and MSV to secure the return of the event in 2012.

The 2011 event was rapidly oversubscribed with entries and marshals, and with over 3000 people having attended the event it is hoped that the 2012 event can be even more successful. It is planned to have around 35 miles of all tarmac stage miles using the Indy Circuit, pit lane and the surrounding access roads to ensure the stages are varied and interesting.

Regulations, entries, marshal registration and more will be available on the event website, http://brandshatchstages.co.uk from November 2011.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2829731)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Good news, hopefully we'll get an entry - it filled up pretty quickly this time.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2829748)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It did indeed! You'll just have to be quick again when entries open later in the year
Old 27 Nov 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2992175)   #4
Suze
Veteran

England
TRS (Essex) Ltd Brands Hatch Stage Rally - 22nd January 2012

Chelmsford MC are pleased to confirm the second running of the TRS (Essex) Ltd Brands Hatch Stage Rally. The 2012 event will be similar to 2011 with a few changes to hopefully make it even better.

The stage mileage has been extended by approximately 1 mile per stage, so the total stage mileage will be approximately 40 miles over 8 tarmac stages. The event will start at 10am and finish at 5.30pm so the latter stages will be run in darkness.

The entry fee has increased by £5 to £250 however this year you can enter online and pay by bank transfer, saving the £10 paypal fee meaning you can be a fiver better off! Scrutineering will be available on both Saturday and Sunday.

Regulations will be available at http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/ from 1st December 2011 and entries will open on 12th December 2011.

Following the large spectator turnout in 2011, MSV have decided to charge for spectators in 2012 which is beyond Chelmsford MC's control. There will be 6 passes per competing crew [remember each driver and co-driver need a ticket to get in so don't give all your passes away!]. Discounted tickets are available to competitors at £8 per ticket. Spectator tickets are available at £10 in advance and £13 on the gate - all tickets are available directly from MSV and as soon as these are available we will let you know.

Marshals and radio crews are of course needed, especially those with MSA call signs. If you are available to marshal, please contact our Chief Marshal at marshals@brandhatchstages.co.uk

Andrew Coley, who commentates on the IRC for Eurosport, will be present again in 2012 keeping everybody up to date with what is going on.

Feel free to post any questions here and I'll do my best to answer them, and I will post more information as and when I have it.

The Facebook page for the event is http://www.facebook.com/events/280371298672728/

The Twitter page for the event is http://www.twitter.com/trsbrandsstages

Tweeting using #TRSBHS12 will bring your post up on the event webpage - http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/
Old 28 Nov 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2992332)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Went to this last year, so will definately try and give it a go again this year. I daresay the entry price may means its a bit quieter than last years free-for-all, but hopefully that means we won't have as long to queue for lunch!

Any idea if spectators will be able to walk round the entire track this year Suze? Last year I parked on South Bank, went round Druids to try and get some lunch, only to find we had to walk back round the other way!
Old 28 Nov 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2992396)   #6
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm excited about this as it was great last year. However.
Looking on the MSV website there is currently a trackday organised for this day. Has this now been moved?

Hopefully its all ok as it was great fun last year, hope the weather is as good.

Simon
Old 28 Nov 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2992444)   #7
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
I'm excited about this as it was great last year. However.
Looking on the MSV website there is currently a trackday organised for this day. Has this now been moved?

Hopefully its all ok as it was great fun last year, hope the weather is as good.

Simon
Yes, this has puzzled me as well. Tony Gilham has been commenting on FB for weeks that he has booked the circuit for that day for a track day, and offering track time to punters for a fee.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2992567)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Tbstt - no idea yet, but if / when I find out I'll let you know and post here.

With regards to the trackday, afraid I cannot really comment as obviously do not have the knowledge of the Brands bookings nor the trackday. This date was announced for the stage rally after the last stage rally back in January and is a confirmed date.

Although I see there is a trackday listing on the Brands website, there is nothing on the Club MSV site.

To confirm, the TRS (Essex) Ltd Brands Hatch Stage Rally is happening on Sunday 22nd January 2012!

We are waiting for the stage rally and tickets to appear on the Brands website and will let you know when it does.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2992568)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Mods, could you merge this with the new thread I started please? Apologies I forgot I had started this one! Many thanks.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2992572)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Tbstt - no idea yet, but if / when I find out I'll let you know and post here.
Brilliant, thank you!

Will try and request a patch on South Bank for my club if its possible to walk round this year, if not we'll stick with the regular car park to minimise the distance to the tea van!
Old 28 Nov 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2992584)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Tea and bacon butties, don't forget!

The event website, http://brandshatchstages.co.uk has been updated today and more information will be available there over the coming weeks.

All media will need to register prior to the event, and the form will appear on the above website.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2992990)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully we'll be back again to compete it was good fun last year (if at little odd going full pelt the wrong way down the pit lane!). Longmoor to get through first

All these people going on about something called "the off season" - what are they on about?
Old 29 Nov 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2993045)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
Good - we will be at Longmoor (red Micra) so make sure you say hello! Suspect I'll be a bit busy at Brands and won't manage to find you.
Old 1 Dec 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2994185)   #14
Suze
Veteran

England
Regulations are now available at http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/competitors Entries open on 12th December.
Old 2 Dec 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2994313)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
There's a page on the Brands website now too:

http://news.brandshatch.co.uk/stages-rally.aspx
Old 2 Dec 2011, 17:57 (Ref:2994481)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
Indeed, and hopefully there will be more soon too......

With regards to spectators and viewing points etc, access will be slightly different to this year, however plans are still being finalised between MSV and CMC and it may take a little time (potentially even the New Year) before details are announced. But we'll let you know....
Old 3 Dec 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2994827)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
With regards to spectators and viewing points etc, access will be slightly different to this year, .
That's not a bad thing - some genius parked in the stage arrival time control last year while they dropped someone off.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2994888)   #18
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I attended last year and had a pleasent day. I feel that MSVR/Brands cashing in on what is a essentially a "club" event a little sad. It's not worth £13 to get in; a token £5 would have been fair which I would have paid but not £13. MSVR have done alot of good I feel in the past season but in this case have got it wrong.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2994970)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
I feel that MSVR/Brands cashing in on what is a essentially a "club" event a little sad. It's not worth £13 to get in; a token £5 would have been fair which I would have paid but not £13. MSVR have done alot of good I feel in the past season but in this case have got it wrong.
£13 is the standard Brands charge for club events. I think last year they seriously underestimated how many people would be there. This time it'll probably be the other way around (I think there will be a lot of people that would go if it was free but not if they have to pay).
Old 4 Dec 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2994971)   #20
Suze
Veteran

England
I know it still costs ie is not FOC but tickets are £10 in advance so you can get it slightly cheaper. This is out of CMC's control unfortunately, details of how to obtain competitor rate tickets are in the regs (available from the above link).
Old 4 Dec 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2994990)   #21
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The spectator issue is disappointing. Do MSV not realise we are in the depths of the worst recession for eighty years? I'm afraid it is another example of MotorsportsVision's blind greed. It lost rallycross for the same reason - even though rallycross was one of the biggest spectator pulls of the year.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2995198)   #22
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I realise it is out of the control of the club. A fiver would have been a fair charge for this event I feel with maybe 50% going to the Marshals club or Kent air ambulance as a nice gesture.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 06:59 (Ref:2998651)   #23
Suze
Veteran

England
Just a reminder that entries open at 9am this morning at http://brandshatchstages.co.uk

I suspect the work internet policy means I won't be able to post when they do open, so just check the above link at 9
Old 12 Dec 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2998673)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Entered

Looking forward to this one, it was good last year and it looks like there's bit of extra mileage this year so that's good (although not sure where they've found the extra!)
Old 12 Dec 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2998682)   #25
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
The spectator issue is disappointing. Do MSV not realise we are in the depths of the worst recession for eighty years? I'm afraid it is another example of MotorsportsVision's blind greed. It lost rallycross for the same reason - even though rallycross was one of the biggest spectator pulls of the year.
I think you will find MSV did not loose Rallycross, JP did not include it in his plans for the circuit development.

As for blind greed, why would MSV pay staff to man the event, provide toilets FOC and have a fair bit of wear and tear in the car parks. There will also be a clearing of litter to follow on and a fair bit of mud on the tarmac to sort out.

If you dont want to pay £13, dont go!