Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 9 May 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2877791)   #151
HayesCages
Rookie

United States
Sagle, ID
HayesCages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just one more

...and a picture of the back-side:
Attached Thumbnails
Lola - RestoreBack.jpg  
Old 2 Feb 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3020102)   #152
SteveTracy
Rookie

United States
Canton, CT
SteveTracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow. Thanks so much for shedding some light on the history of this car! Dad fitted outboard pontoon tanks on the car as the bladders leaked badly by the time he got the car. MUCH appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKRACER View Post
I will confess I'm the idiot who cut off the end of the a Lola T62 to make into a SuperVee, in my younger and stupider days. At the time I bought it for approx $800 it was a roller, from a fellow in Marion Indiana. It did have rockers and inboard front suspension. He had bought it reportedly from Fred Opert Racing as a roller and hadn't done anything with it. It had allegedly been driven by Piers Courage in GB , altho there was no verification and at that time I only knew him as name I had read a little about. I got a little sponsorship from a local VW dealership and it was my plan to get a developed chassis without the development. It consequently went to a fellow in Cleveland who was going to autocross it and sounds like it went the NW. When I had it it did have the bags which were fragile and easily torn. I was told it was originally fitted with and MAE. I don't know the Chassis #, but hope this may shed some light on one of the chassis. you can PM me, I may have some photos and when I bought it. Again apoligize for my foolishness many years ago!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3020313)   #153
HayesCages
Rookie

United States
Sagle, ID
Down the road

Our Lola has left the building, now owned by Rob Shanahan. We're looking forward to seeing it's resoration.
It's been nice sharing a little of the history of these chassis with all of you.
Lawrence
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3020661)   #154
SteveTracy
Rookie

United States
Canton, CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fv55inSpokane View Post
Our Lola has left the building, now owned by Rob Shanahan. We're looking forward to seeing it's resoration.
It's been nice sharing a little of the history of these chassis with all of you.
Lawrence
That's great news, Rob can sort out which one is which since he has chassis plates for both

Looking forward to seeing it restored, his first one was beautiful!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 01:25 (Ref:3020822)   #155
SteveTracy
Rookie

United States
Canton, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fv55inSpokane View Post
Pete is not sure of the serial number but I think we've already decided which one it is haven't we?
Thinking we said T62 SL62-8, but lacking some paper other than where it picks up with Sans and a race entry in 1968 where it's identified as such. Not the best paper trail...but it's certain the car Sans drove went to my father, to somewhere else, then to you, and now Rob S.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 04:46 (Ref:3020847)   #156
HayesCages
Rookie

United States
Sagle, ID
Yes, I think that is correct.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 06:36 (Ref:3182622)   #157
Murgatroid
Rookie

Murgatroid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkshanahan View Post
Hi Everyone,
Allen Brown recommended this site to try and gather information on my Lola T60. I have owned the car 10 years after buying it from a friend, who had also owned it about 10 years, always as a roller without engine or trans. My friend bought it from an estate, and it came without history or chassis tag (had been removed for "safe keeping"). I know a little bit about these cars with the help of Robs Lamplough, who raced one from '66 to '68. There were only 12 built, and he remembers one owned by Bowlie Pittard (destroyed), one by John L'Amie (Ireland?), and one by Michele Daghorn (France).
I am hoping to figure out the history of mine, which appears to be an early T60. Is there anywhere that the chassis # would be stamped, other than the chassis plate? Does anyone remember one of these cars going to the states?

rkshanahan
I AM the owner of Lola T60 SL60/2 which I purchased off Don Black approx 12 years ago in a complete but sorry state. This forum which appologetically I seldom look at has provided an extensive history on most T60's and has been resoponsible for introducing me to Rob Shanahan (USA) who was closely connected with Robs Lamplough (UK) with Rob eventually selling him one of his current cars meantime Rob and I have had much correspondence over the years.

RL (Robs) ran his car for the first time at Goodwood Revival 2012 as a T61 with a few minor variations from my car and I am hoping with his help to run with my son Tom driving in 2013 at the same event ... both cars are of course ex Midland Racing Partnership and apart from different coloured nose cones look identicle.

Only since this event and also actually meeting these two (above) at Goodwood this year have I renewed my interest to a high level in our car and am embarking on even more research via forums etc to be even more precise when quoting it's details including analysing all the 1965-6 F2 UK/Europe race results (originals) I have which always listed driver etc plus chassis number.

I will try and put together a summary on each Lola (where/when/who etc) and will have this available on request ... should be available early 2013 but I must say I am already impressed with the volume of T60 info already circulated by you guys but see a couple of anomolies I can possibly clarify very soon.

My car details etc can be viewed on http://www.ibcholdings.com.au/cars (see Lola) when it was taken with a couple of other of my cars to CTS Auctions as a drawcard only to bring attention to their first Sydney auction (my only car intended to be sold was the Labatts Sierra RS500) and it was their photography and presentation that formed the basis of this webpage.

I will update other details shortly.

Cheers RT
Old 29 Dec 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3182764)   #158
HayesCages
Rookie

United States
Sagle, ID
Another chassis?

I found this earlier this year on the formulajunior.com website under the "Mysteries" section:

I sent an email to the contact on FJ site but never heard from them.
Any ideas?

Happy New Year!

Lawrence