Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 5 Apr 2004, 00:42 (Ref:930367)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Great race at Texas

Ive just finished watching the texas race and what an excellent one it was to.

well done to Elliot Sadler on winning his second ever Nascar event but I must admit that I was rooting for Kasey Kahne.
Boy is this kid good or what , clearly had the fastest car all day and was simply superb but just missed out by half a cars lenght in the end.

great race that kept my riveted , Cant wait till martinsville
Old 5 Apr 2004, 17:42 (Ref:931300)   #2
tshockey
Rookie

tshockey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great Race in Texas ?

The last ten laps were good racing but the overall race was just as boring as Las Vegas or Atlanta.Nascar is pretty much controlling the races now.In yesterdays 500 miles 67.5 miles were run under caution.I am a big Sadler fan but we all know Kasey Kane had the car to beat.Why put speedy dry on the lower part of the race track where no cars run and take 10-15 laps under caution to do so.All you see anymore is commercials and caution laps very little actual racing.
Been watching Nascar since the early 70's and it has reached the point now where i will go to a race but no more on tv
Old 5 Apr 2004, 18:38 (Ref:931372)   #3
KMoler
Rookie

KMoler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR/Gordon

I know there are as many anti Gordon fans as there are Gordon fans but regardless take a nuetral view and doesn't it seem a bit like Gordon has been sand bagging last season and this season too? I know he has had some bad luck but I also believe that he has created his own "bad" luck.

Why? Is NASCAR more popular now with Gordon not winning the last couple of years. Is Gordon and possibly other veterans making room for up and coming younger racers thus making the sport even more popular and larger fan base?

There have been too many times that Gordon could/should have finished much better than actual race end results. Also, how many other teams would put up with Robby Lumis with a driver like Gordon?

I would think Gordon would be looking for that 5, 6, 7 and 8th winning and un-precedented championship.

Just a thought.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 01:19 (Ref:931710)   #4
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Gordon led the curcuit last year in laps led category with 1,639 laps led,so Jeff's running very competitively.Yesterday's electriacl/alternator problem was also suffered by 2 other teams,that's just unknown mishaps that can and often do occur in any given race,but there are races where Jeff will be leading and/or running up front competitively then He makes a pit stop and the crew make some major adjustments and all of a sudden the #24 car goes backwards,or is way loose,or way right or....,this IMHO is Robbie Loomis's misjudgement at times to make the correct call on adjustments needed as relayed by the driver.I realize that Robbie and crew were there to help Jeff win His 4th Championship in 2001 season,but by the latter part of the 2002 season I have noticed the fading of the #24 car in quite a few races after He'd been ruuning very stout,JMO
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:08 (Ref:932246)   #5
KMoler
Rookie

KMoler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a Gordon fan and I understand what you are saying but there are too many things that point to sandbagging. It is amazing how during the race he is stuck between 10th and 20th place and then all of the sudden during the last 5 to 10 laps he will end up in the top 10. This happens too often to call it a coincidence.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:05 (Ref:932384)   #6
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a huge Gordon fan but I don't think its sandbagging. He's had some personal problems the last few years that seem to have effected his on track performance. It's put him into a slump, but even Dale Sr. went through slumps in his career and came out of them. Hendricks focus also seems to have shifted to the #48. Gordon will probally pull out of it before too long, but it may take some major changes to the team. Everyone has to have slow spots in their career. Younger drivers will fade earlier in their career. A lot of the them won't be able to overcome it, but Gordon probally can.

J.D.

Last edited by kingfloopy; 6 Apr 2004 at 15:06.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 04:36 (Ref:933007)   #7
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kingfloopy
I'm not a huge Gordon fan but I don't think its sandbagging. He's had some personal problems the last few years that seem to have effected his on track performance. It's put him into a slump, but even Dale Sr. went through slumps in his career and came out of them. Hendricks focus also seems to have shifted to the #48. Gordon will probally pull out of it before too long, but it may take some major changes to the team. Everyone has to have slow spots in their career. Younger drivers will fade earlier in their career. A lot of the them won't be able to overcome it, but Gordon probally can.

J.D.

I'd agree with that assessment.
I don't believe that Jeff Gordon would ever sand-bag,He's been racing since age 4mhad over 600 victories,not to mention USAC and USAC midget Championships,before He even started in the Busch Series
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!