Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3272869)   #26
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I grinned when he retired. I just don't like Vettel.

Old 2 Jul 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3272881)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It's a bit unsporting, and not very British.
Hell in a handcart etc...
Old 2 Jul 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3272883)   #28
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we really trying to turn this into another controversy?
Old 2 Jul 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3272884)   #29
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe the British fans were showing a sudden and new-found understanding of Schadenfreude
Old 2 Jul 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3272885)   #30
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I grinned when he retired. I just don't like Vettel.

So like me are you hoping he gets a gearbox penalty for the next race ? I don't dislike Vettel I am thinking of the championship closing up more .
Old 2 Jul 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3272890)   #31
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
So like me are you hoping he gets a gearbox penalty for the next race ? I don't dislike Vettel I am thinking of the championship closing up more .
It failed during the race - he gets to have a brand new one for his home GP. Hurrah! Booo! Whatever. I just felt sorry for the gearbox.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 13:08 (Ref:3272894)   #32
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It failed during the race - he gets to have a brand new one for his home GP. Hurrah! Booo! Whatever. I just felt sorry for the gearbox.
Apologies Marbot , for a second I thought you were wrong but I should have known better !
Old 2 Jul 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3272895)   #33
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Racing drivers don't think. They don't think of where the safe place would be, they're too busy speaking to the team.

Either that or they are trying to get it red flagged......
Really? Maybe you should watch Heikki at Sinapore in 2011 (??) and wonder if racing drivers think or not
Old 2 Jul 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3272915)   #34
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe someone should have asked him why he parked it there when he turned up on the campsite stage a few hours later to talk to fans..
Old 2 Jul 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3272919)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
considering a red flag could have come down at any moment or possibly as the result of another saftey car (tire pressure issues etc), when i saw him park his car on track i was thinking that an on track retirement could have still resulted in a points finish if the race was called at that point, i thought it to be a smart/devious/calculated move to force a SC issue.

Schumacheresque imo. although since drivers dont think anymore im probably giving him too much credit.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3273019)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think he parked it there because the gearbox broke just before. A radical theory I know.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3273055)   #37
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think he parked it there because the gearbox broke just before. A radical theory I know.
Ooh, you could be onto something there. Quick, get onto Autosport!
Old 2 Jul 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3273069)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Vettel seems to be unable to comprehend that there was still a race on after his retirement, he had the chance to park his car safely but instead ensured that a safety car would be needed it was not the act of a gentleman or a professional driver
In the land of asinine F1 comments this one is the winner. Were you watching the event or just decided that he didn't make it to the pits so he must have parked in the middle of a turn? He was trying to get the car moving again until he ran out of momentum and had to coast against the wall. That's right, he actually thought about it and moved off the line with the last of his momentum to get out of the racing line for other drivers rather than continuing on until he stopped mid-track. Sounds like a professional driver to me, just nowhere else for him to go at that point. If you want to attack unprofessional moves stick with actual crap moves and stop examining pebbles to find a conspiracy.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3273085)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

Dont think Seb was really doing much wrong though, the thing was dead. Thought the cheering and whoping was a bit OTT though, leave that for the Yanks eh. Though I think I may have clenched a fist and shouted YES!
You only 'think'?

OK, so sometimes I'm not very British - I laughed like a drain........
Old 3 Jul 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3273439)   #40
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So wait, there is a conspiracy theory about Vettel trying to help Webber?
Old 3 Jul 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3273553)   #41
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will find he parked it there, because...
(1) he couldnt get it any further, due to a lack of drive
(2) It was far too late to pull into the pitlane (which would have been blocked and caused a greater problem, and, the clincher....
(3) The gate in the pitwall is just beyond where he stopped, and it was the best place to park the car to allow the marshals to remove it easily.

Unfortunately, despite extensive practice and rehearsal with a pit dolly and a Silverstone School single seater on Thursday, it was not possible to lift the car onto the dolly to allow a quick extraction (our quickest practice time was 1 minute and 2 seconds for two cars stuck on the grid at positions 3 and 12)
Old 3 Jul 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3273594)   #42
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel quoted after the race:
"I parked it there because I thought a safety car would bring some excitement to the race and close everything up. I just want the best for all the F1 fans. I also want the title to be a fair fight and knew a safety car would allow all my rivals, especially Alonso, Kimi, Hamilton and even Webber who admirably refers to me as "Michael" a chance to close back in on the leader and gain more points on me."

It's only the conspiracy theorists who would think Vettel did it on purpose to help a team mate that hates him.
Old 3 Jul 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3273604)   #43
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Vettel quoted....
and your source for this is?..........
Old 4 Jul 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3273632)   #44
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
This or this Razzzor?
Old 4 Jul 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3273634)   #45
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
He is just kidding...

If it was any other driver (maybe with MS, yes) I bet there wouldn't be any thread about this issue.
Haters gonna hate.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3273691)   #46
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My theory is he parked his car where he did because he lost drive and decided it was best to put the car in front of the pit wall than attempt to go up the pit lane and end up blocking it.

Of course it could also be because he is a bit awkward too, but I think my first theory is more feasible.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3273799)   #47
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
He is just kidding...

If it was any other driver (maybe with MS, yes) I bet there wouldn't be any thread about this issue.
Haters gonna hate.
Yep I'm just kidding, and mocking the op post.

I think I'll just start quoting the "haters gonna hate" phrase from now on instead of trying to sway the masses of Vettel haters.

At least I actually am a fan of Vettel - F1 must really suck for those that hate him, lol. Thank god I was always a Schumi fan too.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3273805)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where are these "masses" of Vettel haters?
Old 4 Jul 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3273807)   #49
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canada?
Old 4 Jul 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3273814)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Where are these "masses" of Vettel haters?
They must live somewhere under the sun...