Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jun 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3270290)   #51
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and BJR was named...
Old 27 Jun 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3270295)   #52
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So how did we manage to find the blue Jaguar? Blind luck or divine guidance?
Are you the only guy that looks for stuff on the internet? Or is that something a fulltime journo might do as well?

I'm not saying they didn't 'steal' it from you. I just think it's crazy to assume that because someone else put 2 and 2 together and came up with the same answer, they copied your work.

Hate to point out that full time motorsport journos usually have a lot more information to hand than we do, and more time to chase things up.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 04:03 (Ref:3270298)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it was the first time, I might agree with you.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Jun 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3270313)   #54
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If it was the first time, I might agree with you.
If you also search google, you will find that the 'polestar blue' is the hero colour for that car - and glancing at google images, it appears that 99.9% of the ones built thus far are painted that colour.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3270321)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
If you also search google, you will find that the 'polestar blue' is the hero colour for that car - and glancing at google images, it appears that 99.9% of the ones built thus far are painted that colour.
Sitting as I am about 150m from that Jaguar dealer, all the other ones in their locale are British Racing Green, various shades of Blue or Black.. A white demo used to be there every day but presumably it was sold off

But why let fun get in the way of a good story

Old 27 Jun 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3270325)   #56
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sitting as I am about 150m from that Jaguar dealer, all the other ones in their locale are British Racing Green, various shades of Blue or Black.. A white demo used to be there every day but presumably it was sold off

But why let fun get in the way of a good story

Are you sure you're not mistaking the XFR-S for the XFR or just the standard XF?

Search for the XFR-S in google images, and you see an absolute deluge of pics of the car in blue - with only a handful of pics of it in dark red, as well as pictures of the mule in black.

[EDIT] After a bit more googling, I see that the XFR-S isn't landing in Australia for sale until the final months of 2013...

....but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story as they say
Old 27 Jun 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3270359)   #57
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally, if there is more than 5 manufactures, the sport becomes rather unsustainable as manufactures try and spend way too much money on being "successful" in the series. (ie: race wins, Bathurst wins/podiums, etc) It would be very good to see more Nissan's, Volvo's and Merc's on the grid rather than 2/3/4 cars per manufacture. Holden kinda knows what's up in terms of the marketing abilities of V8 Supercars so they try and give support to the right teams. (RBRA for example)
Old 27 Jun 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3270395)   #58
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Personally, if there is more than 5 manufactures, the sport becomes rather unsustainable as manufactures try and spend way too much money on being "successful" in the series. (ie: race wins, Bathurst wins/podiums, etc) It would be very good to see more Nissan's, Volvo's and Merc's on the grid rather than 2/3/4 cars per manufacture. Holden kinda knows what's up in terms of the marketing abilities of V8 Supercars so they try and give support to the right teams. (RBRA for example)
Given the current regulations, its very hard for a manufacturer to get into too much a spending war given they don't own the teams and are effectively just a sponsor, as Red Bull and Pepsi are.

Also you can't turn away a willing manufacturer.

If you cap the manufacturers at say 5, and are full, then Toyota comes knocking, are you really going to turn them away??

And if you do, and a year later you suddenly have one pull out and now you have a gap in your 'quota', do you really expect Toyota to say yes when you come crawling back to them?
Old 27 Jun 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3270587)   #59
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Personally, if there is more than 5 manufactures, the sport becomes rather unsustainable as manufactures try and spend way too much money on being "successful" in the series. (ie: race wins, Bathurst wins/podiums, etc) It would be very good to see more Nissan's, Volvo's and Merc's on the grid rather than 2/3/4 cars per manufacture.
I agree.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 01:24 (Ref:3271745)   #60
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what some of you are saying. Is through fear that some manufacturers/teams may leave if their chances of being at the front are reduced, we're not going to let them in in the first place?

It's not the way you do it, if you're serious.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3271754)   #61
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One manufacturer was a little queasy when there were only two.......
Old 6 Nov 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3327837)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
You Should Say Hi To Hyundai

...in 2015 according to V8X...

BJR?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3327844)   #63
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Isn't BJR joining forces with Audi next year?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3327845)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Isn't BJR joining forces with Audi next year?
Audi isnt joining the series in 2014...
Old 6 Nov 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3327867)   #65
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So which brands haven't said "No!" yet?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3327870)   #66
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Audi isnt joining the series in 2014...
Maybe not next year but I keep on hearing rumors of BJR and Audi together. It'd be cool if they did something together in Aus GT, they'd probably make some good coin out of the R8 LMS customer support programme.

'waits for this to appear on Adcafe'

Old 6 Nov 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3327910)   #67
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When does Triple Eight's Holden deal expire?
Old 6 Nov 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3327918)   #68
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beages View Post
When does Triple Eight's Holden deal expire?
I think it has 2 more years to go ?

Didn't they renew it as a 3 year deal last year along with Lowndes and Whincup ?
Old 7 Nov 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3328327)   #69
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I really wish the V8 category became the defacto National touring car regulations...much like SuperTouring did in the 90's.

Keep the rules the same everywhere except for driver seating, imagine the world final that would result from that.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 00:14 (Ref:3328695)   #70
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I really wish the V8 category became the defacto National touring car regulations...much like SuperTouring did in the 90's.
Well I think when Japanese GT unified with DTM that they were trying to do that but the things are far too expensive to work here.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3328709)   #71
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Well I think when Japanese GT unified with DTM that they were trying to do that but the things are far too expensive to work here.
World DTM would suck.

World V8 Supercars would be amazing.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3328763)   #72
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
World DTM would suck.

World V8 Supercars would be amazing.
Both would be poor however at different degrees
Old 8 Nov 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3328843)   #73
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Both would be poor however at different degrees
Why do you bother hanging around V8 Supercar threads?
Old 8 Nov 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3328865)   #74
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DRT is probably right here though. its part of why the original attempt didn't work.

Different areas have preferences for different styles of cars. so why a v8 sedan might would well in Aust and USA, it does not work so well in Asia and parts of Europe.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3330498)   #75
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Keep the rules the same everywhere except for driver seating, imagine the world final that would result from that.
The problem is in Europe and South-America manufacturers are not interested in promoting or even have no big cars.