Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Nov 2003, 12:46 (Ref:799193)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E.Creek V8 Results Amended

Results for both Eastern Creek V8 races have been amended - Car #9 - Russell Ingall - was excluded from both races.

Amended results were posted at 22:48 pm Sunday evening.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 12:53 (Ref:799201)   #2
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Races?
Old 30 Nov 2003, 12:55 (Ref:799204)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

Yes - both races.

Amended Race 5 here: http://www.racetime.com.au/?event=e0...05&view=result

And race 16 here: http://www.racetime.com.au/?event=e0...16&view=result
Old 30 Nov 2003, 12:58 (Ref:799205)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well - there you go.
I think its time to goto to bed - and put to rest a great, v8supercar season.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 13:11 (Ref:799211)   #5
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a absolutely disgrace of a decision..............

If some IDIOT didn't stand on the track for 2-3 minutes waiting for a particular car to come around, there would be no one to swerve at.

Some fool runs onto the track at a GP and he is arrested and charged. Skaife does practically the same and??????

I'm not condoning Russells actions, but Skaife shouldn't have been on the track to start with. Bad form Skaife, very bad form. I'm glad you no longer represent our sport as champion.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 13:14 (Ref:799216)   #6
RaceTime
Veteran

Hang on and wait and see what the full Stewards report states - it won;t be released until late Monday or Tuesday.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 13:15 (Ref:799220)   #7
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was he excluded? surely it couldn't have been for the Skaife spin as Bright got of scott free for his PI antics which was the same!
Old 30 Nov 2003, 13:18 (Ref:799223)   #8
Nevermind
Rookie

Nevermind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Skaife got the same as well, seeing it was as much his fault as Ingalls. The first event was nothing more then a racing incident, and the stewarts had already decided that (Shown as no drive through was issued - Standard penality for turning someone around). The rest was some discraceful behaviour shown by both drivers, insitgated by Skaife.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 13:21 (Ref:799226)   #9
RaceTime
Veteran

Like I said - wait until the Stewards Report is released to see what other, if any, penalties have been issued. At this stage - there are NO other result amendments.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 15:35 (Ref:799300)   #10
V8 Superdave
Racer

V8 Superdave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's another thread for this, but the steward's gave Ingall the harsh penalty for swerving at Skaife.... and your'e right if that he'd got over the wall it wouldn't have happened, but Russell has to just take it.... i'd suggest he was a poofteenth from suspension, by the results posted. Lucky in that.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 17:06 (Ref:799344)   #11
lowdown
Racer

lowdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife was fined 10k and docked 105 points for ignoring track officals. Ingall was fined 15k and docked 150 points for veering towards Skaife. Both got 3 race bans suspended for 12 months. Both findings are under appeal
For the incident that started all the **** Skaife was docked 30 points and Ingall was docked 70 points. So in full Skaife got 10k and 135 points and Ingall got 15k and 220 points. Skaife stays in 3rd and Ingall drops to 9th in the overall table. I think!
Old 30 Nov 2003, 19:53 (Ref:799487)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to the points spread on the AVESCO site, Skaife copped a 105 point loss as you mention, while Rusty copped a 90 point version.

Rusty is the big loser, losing points from the round and getting a penalty, now in 7th place for SBR.

The SBR boys will not have been amused....

I wonder now if it will go to appeal?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Nov 2003, 21:40 (Ref:799567)   #13
smack
Rookie

smack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News from the Channel 7 site :

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skaife was deducted 30 points and Ingall 70 by stewards after a hearing that lasted almost five hours.

Skaife was also deducted 105 points, fined $10,000 and received a three race ban suspended over 12 months for ignoring officials and remaining trackside to abuse Ingall.

Ingall copped a $15,000 fine, had all 150 points accrued for the round excluded and also received the three race ban suspended over 12 months for veering toward Skaife.

Both appealed and will appear before officials on Thursday.

The points deduction dropped Skaife from third overall for the 2003 championship to sixth while Ingall free-fell from fourth to a distant ninth for the season
Old 30 Nov 2003, 21:47 (Ref:799573)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The official website has Skaife still in 3rd, and Ingall in 7th. Did the other newssites forget about the dropround or something?
Old 30 Nov 2003, 21:54 (Ref:799581)   #15
RaceTime
Veteran

The subsequent Stewards' hearings lasted until almost 11.00pm, with the following penalties handed down:

Mark Skaife:
* For his part in the initial contact, Skaife was penalised 30 Championship points. Skaife has indicated he will appeal this decision.
* For remaining by his car and not retiring behind the concrete wall, for disobeying an official's directive (to move behind the wall) and conduct prejudicial to the sport, Skaife received a $10,000 fine and was penalised 75 Series points
* A 12 months suspended penalty of a 3-round suspension, to be of good behaviour

Russell Ingall:
* For his part in the initial contact, Ingall was penalised 70 Championship points
* For conduct prejudicial to the sport (by swerving towards Skaife), Ingall received a $15,000 fine and was excluded from the meeting
* A 12 months suspended penalty of a 3-round suspension, to be of good behaviour

Above courtesy of Paul Weissel, Holden Racing Team...

Last edited by RaceTime; 30 Nov 2003 at 21:55.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 21:59 (Ref:799586)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It took a tickle over 4 hours then, must have been some fun in that room...

As per the Supercar site... adjusted for penalties...

1 Marcos Ambrose 2085
2 Greg Murphy 1983
3 Mark Skaife 1817
4 Jason Bright 1770
5 Craig Lowndes 1756
6 Steven Richards 1709
7 Russell Ingall 1701
8 Rick Kelly 1675
9 Todd Kelly 1628
10 Paul Radisich 1618
11 John Bowe 1478
12 Garth Tander 1470
13 Paul Weel 1450
14 Jason Bargwanna 1341
15 Glenn Seton 1266

Scary part is 6 of the top 13 cars were built in the same factory (and prepared separately)
Old 30 Nov 2003, 22:05 (Ref:799588)   #17
HRT #1
Racer

HRT #1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
The official website has Skaife still in 3rd, and Ingall in 7th.
GTR - What you saw on the offical website are correct Skaife remains in 3rd and poor Ingall sinks to 7th even after both have had points deducted from their scores.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 22:17 (Ref:799601)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Huh! That will teach Ingall for making Skaife blow a fuse!
Old 30 Nov 2003, 22:18 (Ref:799603)   #19
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
excuse my ignorance but can somone explain what " A 12 months suspended penalty of a 3-round suspension, to be of good behaviour" means? does that mean that if they dotn behave next year they get a 3 round suspension or that they can choose 3 rounds in the next year to have a siesta? also can a suspended round be your worst round that you drop?
Old 30 Nov 2003, 22:25 (Ref:799608)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If Skaife and/or Rusty do the same kind of activities in the next 12 months, they may be subject to a 3 race ban.

So they have been warned... no enforcing in 2004, or you will have to sit out the 3 rounds following the ruling.

Hopefully the dropround scenario is dead next season so that wont be impacted by this, although I wonder if Rusty may be baited maybe 2 races out from Bathurst into enforcing some other car....

Last edited by GTRMagic; 30 Nov 2003 at 22:27.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 22:26 (Ref:799609)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Oops

Last edited by GTRMagic; 30 Nov 2003 at 22:27.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 22:56 (Ref:799631)   #22
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers, thanks GTR. its an interesting penalty. So is skiafe clean unless he runs out on the track and Ingall clean unless he enforces somone? The suspension would have to apply to the swerving into him instead. i bet the stones are not happy jan.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 23:04 (Ref:799640)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am betting if either party is brought before the stewards in an at-fault incident of any nature in breach of the rules, the stewards are more than likely to invoke the 3 race ban...

I cant imagine anyone involved is too happy at the moment.... especially if the appeals process determines a different result.

Do we know whether the new-for-EC incar video evidence was used to determine culpability for the incident?
Old 30 Nov 2003, 23:34 (Ref:799664)   #24
RaceTime
Veteran

GTR - technically ANY rule breach for either Skaife or Ingall next year will automatically invoke the 3 round suspension - the stewards would have no say in that matter as it is a decision of the ECk stewards)

Plus, if the 'drop worst round' points system remains in place, the suspended rounds should NOT be included in the rounds they can drop - therefore they would have to have at least three zero points rounds and THEN drop their worst round.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 23:45 (Ref:799674)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So will SHRT and SBR need to have 'spare' drivers in place in case their established stars have another faux pas??