Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3392397)   #1
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 Personel on the Move

Bob Bell is leaving Mercedes with Paddy Lowe taking over his job and there will be nobody with the title of Techical Director at Mercedes.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113451
Old 14 Apr 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3392466)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
completely forgot he had a brief stint as a Team Principle in the crashgate aftermath.

several out of work F1 bosses floating around these days.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3392479)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Bob Bell is leaving Mercedes with Paddy Lowe taking over his job and there will be nobody with the title of Techical Director at Mercedes.

maybe they've decided to do without one for the rest of this season to give the others a sporting chance ;-)
Old 14 Apr 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3392483)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Well makes a change boss doing well leaves rather than boss of struggling outfit quits
Old 14 Apr 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3392494)   #5
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Shame Sam Michael wont walk out of McClaren. What has this guy ever achieved in F1? Cant really see what he does or has done in any team. Someone enlighten me please..
Old 15 Apr 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3392847)   #6
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What actually happened to Martin Whitmarsh? I can't remember seeing any official announcement. He just seemed to be pushed quietly out. Where is he now?
Old 15 Apr 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3392856)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
gone fishing?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 00:09 (Ref:3393608)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
What actually happened to Martin Whitmarsh? I can't remember seeing any official announcement. He just seemed to be pushed quietly out. Where is he now?
I understood Whitmarsh was still running around doing something at McLaren.

Fishing in the pond outside the front?

Ron's version of a garden gnome.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 00:20 (Ref:3393610)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I understood Whitmarsh was still running around doing something at McLaren.

Fishing in the pond outside the front?

Ron's version of a garden gnome.
That really is not a nice way to speak about Martin Whitmarsh
Old 18 Apr 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3394284)   #10
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I liked Martin Whitmarsh on tv he always looked more friendly then Ron Dennis.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3395401)   #11
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems like a row is developing between McLaren and Red Bull over who employes Ron Fallows. He has been on gardening leave from RB for the last while and was set to start with McLaren recently but instead went back to Red Bull.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113542

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113565
Old 20 Apr 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3395405)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I liked Martin Whitmarsh on tv he always looked more friendly then Ron Dennis.
Yes, but so did Hitler tbf.
Old 10 May 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3404415)   #13
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Mark Smith has left Caterham and has been replaced by a committee!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113868

It is part of a restructure according to the team.
Old 10 May 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3404523)   #14
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Yes, but so did Hitler tbf.
That is not a really nice way to speak about Ron Dennis.

That's hilarious!
Old 21 May 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3408522)   #15
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Alonso to Mercedes? The Daimler Chairman has been singing his praises.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28052.html

The possibility is that Rosberg will be released to make way for Alonso. Alonso has been at Ferrari for 5 years with nothing to show for it, or could he end up at McLaren but Ron is now the boss.
Old 21 May 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3408580)   #16
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Alonso to Mercedes? The Daimler Chairman has been singing his praises.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28052.html

The possibility is that Rosberg will be released to make way for Alonso. Alonso has been at Ferrari for 5 years with nothing to show for it, or could he end up at McLaren but Ron is now the boss.
I might be completely wrong (it has been known) but I don't think that Alonso could work alongside Hamilton. They don't get on, and Hamilton tends to rub him up the wrong way, possibly intentionally, and I think that any team manager would have serious doubts about putting them together again.
Old 21 May 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3408639)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I might be completely wrong (it has been known) but I don't think that Alonso could work alongside Hamilton. They don't get on, and Hamilton tends to rub him up the wrong way, possibly intentionally, and I think that any team manager would have serious doubts about putting them together again.
I'd second you here Mike.
Old 21 May 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3408688)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
agree about the difficulty of putting two alphas on the same team because neither will settle for being second. i suppose thats an inherent personality conflict but i cant say i have ever read anything about how they dont get along.

since 07 where Alonso's ire seemed to be directed towards Ron and the team and not LH, now they actually seem to get along very well and certainly always speak of one another with great respect.

a few weeks ago they looked like a couple of school kids fooling around during the press conference but thats the daily mail.

Old 21 May 2014, 15:45 (Ref:3408729)   #19
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As you say, chillibowl, they do appear to get on now, but for the first year or two after Alonso left McLaren, their interaction was not what you would term as cordial.

They may "respect" each other now, but Alonso has made it known in Spain that he actually doesn't have a very high regard for Hamilton's ability. Added to that, you have Hamilton who has been trained in Ron Dennis' School of Mind Games, and you will probably have an explosive mix that would be difficult control. I think that one of the reasons that Hamilton left McLaren, and certainly not the only reason, was because he couldn't dominate Button's mind; he seemed to bed able to just ignore the games, and they slid off him like water off a duck's back.

Alonso, on the other hand, just can't do the same; it is not in his temperament, and he tends to react to situations without thinking of the consequences, although to give him his credit, he has mellowed a little with age.
Old 21 May 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3408830)   #20
wnut
Veteran

They only get on at the moment because they have a common hate for the same person.
Old 22 May 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3408870)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
At this stage of Alonso's career, if he's asked he will go. He wants another chance to win trophies before it's too late. The Hamilton 'factor' won't bother him until they're competing.
Old 22 May 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3408913)   #22
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
There are more hints that Alonso would like to move on to pastures new.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28087.html

In the short term as in 2015/16 I can only see 2 teams capable of winning championships namely Mercedes and Red Bull.
McLaren might be able in '16 but I suspect it might take another year or two depending on how could the Honda motors are and getting their technical problems sorted.
Ferrari I suspect could take longer to be championship material.

That leaves Alonso with 2 teams who both currently have strong driver lineups that will need to be changed. I am not sure of the drivers contractual situations as to who is out of contract at RB and MB at the end of this year.
Old 23 May 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3409298)   #23
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
It looks like Alonso's possibility of moving to Mercedes has hit the rocks as Rosberg it is believed has signed a new deal.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/

Meanwhile Ferrari are saying that Alonso has long term commitments to them.
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28094.html

I suspect that Alonso wants to get into a winning car and is getting frustrated with his current situation.
Old 4 Aug 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3441389)   #24
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Luca Marmorini who left Ferrari a short time ago looks set to join Renault.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28645.html

It also appears that Jody Eggington recently sacked by Caterham has found a new job at Toro Rosso.
Old 5 Aug 2014, 01:06 (Ref:3441509)   #25
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm beginning to think that Alonso may well end up at RB in the next two years. If Vettel can't bounce back I can't see RB keeping him just for their past relationship. Provided Marko doesn't insist on a Toro Rosso driver, Alonso would probably jump at the chance to swap teams to one that has a better chance to win a third (and deserved) championship. Sort of ruins his dreams of ending his career with Ferrari though...