Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 2004, 14:49 (Ref:873216)   #126
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Testure
Not, the thread ya knucklehead. I mean "the saga". Can't ... take ... much ... more!
Oh, well that's completely different!

Anyway, Jos Verstappen is a known factor in F1 and how he will perform is pretty much known too. Quite average with maybe one or two
decent drives and a couple of fantastic starts to quickly dissappear in the background.

Whereas Giorgio Pantano is an unknown factor and could bring a couple of surprises. A win Ă* lĂ* Fisico could raise a lot of eyebrows and turn a few heads as well.

I'd rather see Pantano take the seat.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 13 Feb 2004 at 14:49.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 14:56 (Ref:873222)   #127
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AND bad news for ASCII and the others (including me ) who are tired....
AS THE SAGA.. takes another twist and JOS MAY STILL HAVE A SHOT!!
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...13100741.shtml
Old 13 Feb 2004, 15:02 (Ref:873227)   #128
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That same article says, "the EJ14 is still at the bottom of the timesheets".

I'm afraid its not going to matter who gets the drive...

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Feb 2004, 15:28 (Ref:873250)   #129
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Testure
Not, the thread ya knucklehead. I mean "the saga". Can't ... take ... much ... more!
Come on guys, no fighting over this please...The whole stuff thats going on between verstappen/trust and jordan is a farce but isn't that the subject of every good or bad soap ? : "much ado about nothing"
I acknowledge that i'm partly to blame for the whole commotion by starting this thread but i guess that has all to do with the fact that there are really many people over here loosing sleep and biting nails whether or not Verstappen wil drive, and then you are really talking about literally hundreds of thousands, taking into acccount the many times the www.verstappen.nl server has crashed after receiving 300,000 hits a day (!) I know this hype sounds ridiculous for the outsider, but then again, it shows how much formula 1 has become a major sport in the Low Countries. So i ask you all to forgive us our follies and we will try to keep the Jos-soap "confined" to this thread. (Unless he wins a Grand Prix of course)

love, bridget
Old 13 Feb 2004, 16:11 (Ref:873300)   #130
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know about those hits Bridget, my own private site about Jos was visited 2000 times that day!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 16:16 (Ref:873304)   #131
ForzaMinardi
Rookie

ForzaMinardi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And just like in a good soap, the rivalry becomes grim and unforbidden:

Removed the link, although a joke news site, it may be mis-understood by some.

ST

Last edited by Super Tourer; 13 Feb 2004 at 16:25.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 16:34 (Ref:873318)   #132
b.luther
Rookie

b.luther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its pretty sad that this is what it has come down to..
Old 13 Feb 2004, 17:00 (Ref:873343)   #133
Bridget Stone
Racer

I think the final episode of the soap has arrived:

Giorgio Pantano will race for Jordan Ford this season alongside Nick Heidfeld, the Silverstone-based team announces today. The 25 year old Italian, a former World Kart Champion, won the German F3 championship in his first season of single seater racing and went on to finish 2nd and 3rd respectively in the last two F3000 championships, winning six races with three different teams. He has previously tested for McLaren, Williams and Benetton.
Eddie Jordan said, “Giorgio performed consistently with accomplished racecraft at the front of the field for three years in F3000 and he’s ready for the challenge in F1. In Jordan Ford’s driver pairing I believe we have the best possible combination of youth, experience and natural ability. Giorgio and Nick are seriously quick, skilled and hungry for success, which is exactly what we need to rejuvenate the team and lead Jordan’s fight-back in 2004. I can’t wait for the first race!”

Giorgio Pantano said, “I’m so happy. I want to thank Eddie Jordan and everybody at Jordan Grand Prix for giving me the opportunity to be in F1 and show my ability. I will be giving my all as I really want to guarantee them good results. There are a lot of people I have to thank for helping me get to this position and I hope I will make them proud. I’m looking forward to driving the car some more in the test sessions, and then of course, I am really excited about my first Grand Prix in Melbourne in just a few weeks time.”
Old 13 Feb 2004, 17:02 (Ref:873346)   #134
Bridget Stone
Racer

Oops...forgetting the source:

http://www.f1jordan.com/Html/News/Ne..._pantano.asp#5

love, bridget
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:11 (Ref:873420)   #135
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget Stone
I think the final episode of the soap has arrived:

Giorgio Pantano said, “I’m so happy. I want to thank Eddie Jordan and everybody at Jordan Grand Prix for giving me the opportunity to be in F1 and show my ability. I will be giving my all as I really want to guarantee them good results. There are a lot of people I have to thank for helping me get to this position and I hope I will make them proud. I’m looking forward to driving the car some more in the test sessions, and then of course, I am really excited about my first Grand Prix in Melbourne in just a few weeks time.”
Good for Giorgio! Out of all the fresh faces on the horizon, I'm glad he got the seat. He's earned it.

Listen to him, he's happy, humble, thankful, and proud, and sounds like a real team player. All the things you want your new driver to be. Unlike some other drivers out there, like his teamate Nick, and Fisi, who upon arrival at there new teams, proclaimed to the world, that they will be looking for a seat with the top 3 teams as soon as possible. Good grief, what a slap in the face to Eddie and Peter. Pantano is refreshing!

I wish Giorgio luck, he's going to need it...
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:23 (Ref:873435)   #136
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah he seems nice hope it goes well for him...!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:23 (Ref:873436)   #137
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:26 (Ref:873440)   #138
Bridget Stone
Racer

The Fat lady sung......
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:29 (Ref:873447)   #139
Bridget Stone
Racer

but it was the wrong song...

Anyway, good luck to Pantano ! May he be one of the rookies that DO make it.

love, bridget
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:31 (Ref:873451)   #140
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
YAY!!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:35 (Ref:873455)   #141
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Oops... Didn't mean come across insensitive to our friends in the Low Countries on the forum, who were obviously rooting hard for Jos.

Don't worry, before long, you'll get used to not having a hometown boy to root for. Take it from along suffering American F1 fan.

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:52 (Ref:873468)   #142
Bridget Stone
Racer

Thanks very much GP Racer for your kinds words ! I hope your wishes also will come true oneday

love, bridget
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:55 (Ref:873470)   #143
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
yeah he seems nice hope it goes well for him...!
Nice maybe. Whether he's talented enough remains to be seen.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 18:56 (Ref:873473)   #144
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As this seat is decided, probably a good idea to draw a line under this thread, as it's run its course, and 'welcome Pantano' in another one.

ST

Closed.