Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Feb 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3708601)   #1301
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
So a big company such as Woodstock/Asashi decides that only FIVE of FOURTEEN rounds of this series are worth being involved with.

This must surely be a worry for the Supercars mob....
Rolling sponsors aren't a new thing.

I'm sure they'll announce other liveries in due course.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3708602)   #1302
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Why would that worry them? Tekno already had the majority of the sponsorships for other rounds filled bar a few which are 90% completed anyway
The fact that we have Red Bull, Caltex, BOC, Freightliner, Wilson Security, Nissan, Penrite, GB, Woodstock, Monster, Supercheap and many others says that are big names says that the sport is attractive. We need to watch this though and keep interest, not get cocky but I agree, for now we have major well known brand associated with the sport. That's a start, we could have small business and no big enterprise interest which would then be a worry
Old 2 Feb 2017, 08:09 (Ref:3708607)   #1303
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
The fact that we have Red Bull, Caltex, BOC, Freightliner, Wilson Security, Nissan, Penrite, GB, Woodstock, Monster, Supercheap and many others says that are big names says that the sport is attractive. We need to watch this though and keep interest, not get cocky but I agree, for now we have major well known brand associated with the sport. That's a start, we could have small business and no big enterprise interest which would then be a worry
I know I'm not getting arrogant or trying to attack this guy I was just pointing it out
Old 2 Feb 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3708611)   #1304
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the rolling sponsorships, they seem to be a much more practical way to sell ad space post GFC. You must be innovative these days remember
Old 2 Feb 2017, 08:30 (Ref:3708612)   #1305
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
I like the rolling sponsorships, they seem to be a much more practical way to sell ad space post GFC. You must be innovative these days remember
Exactly it's also good for small rising brands who want exposure but can't afford a full season
Old 2 Feb 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3708613)   #1306
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
I know I'm not getting arrogant or trying to attack this guy I was just pointing it out
I know I am backing your view, it is good and bad that we have sponsors coming and going in a way
Old 2 Feb 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3708621)   #1307
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
I know I am backing your view, it is good and bad that we have sponsors coming and going in a way
That's what happens in all sports mate sponsorships are a revolving door some will leave but there will always be sponsors lining up to replace them Darrell Lea are leaving Woodstock and a few others sponsors are coming and Shell (from part time to full time), Mega Limited and Mobil 1 are coming
Old 2 Feb 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3708815)   #1308
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Little To Tekno
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Feb 2017, 22:24 (Ref:3708852)   #1309
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice get

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Feb 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3708873)   #1310
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hardest part seems to be hanging on to him.

He tends to move around a lot, for whatever reason.

Hopefully Tekno have been able to lock him in for the long term.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 00:17 (Ref:3708886)   #1311
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

You're not wrong....

Campbell must have an awesome wardrobe at home full of a vast array of team shirts !
Old 3 Feb 2017, 02:17 (Ref:3708898)   #1312
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
You're not wrong....

Campbell must have an awesome wardrobe at home full of a vast array of team shirts !
Neil Crompton style!
Old 3 Feb 2017, 03:17 (Ref:3708909)   #1313
Lukeyson
Rookie

Australia
Coffs Harbour NSW
Lukeyson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

Roland did refer to him as the biggest mercenary in the field, and that was about 3 team moves ago
Old 3 Feb 2017, 04:30 (Ref:3708930)   #1314
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
You're not wrong....

Him and Wil Davo
Old 3 Feb 2017, 04:35 (Ref:3708931)   #1315
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erebus Confirms Engineering Team

My question is, why do teams in the main game continue to blood car engineers... in the main game?

I mean, why wouldn't they come from the Dunlop series, already experienced at running a whole season across multiple tracks with changeable conditions and the like.

It brings credibility to the argument about unloved 2nd cars..

When we look to the performance of Mr Wood at the end of the season, the question will be.. is it pilot? is it car? is it engineering? or all of the above..

Old 3 Feb 2017, 04:51 (Ref:3708936)   #1316
Umai Naa
Veteran

I'm hearing you.

Not to mention the several ex-maingame enigneers that are running cars in DVS.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 02:17 (Ref:3709220)   #1317
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Erebus Confirms Engineering Team

My question is, why do teams in the main game continue to blood car engineers... in the main game?

I mean, why wouldn't they come from the Dunlop series, already experienced at running a whole season across multiple tracks with changeable conditions and the like.

It brings credibility to the argument about unloved 2nd cars..

When we look to the performance of Mr Wood at the end of the season, the question will be.. is it pilot? is it car? is it engineering? or all of the above..

I agree, the DVS should be about developing all sorts of talent, not just drivers. Looks like the same problem though, very difficult to get your foot in the door of a main game team.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:07 (Ref:3709245)   #1318
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Confirmed Walkinshaw will retain there 2016 Co-Drivers Jack Perkins (#22) and Warren Luff (#2)
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:37 (Ref:3709270)   #1319
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Walkinshaw confirms co-driver pairings
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3709281)   #1320
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
And yet they have 4 pilots under contract and selected none of them for the Bathurst 12 hour GT3 program
Old 4 Feb 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3709283)   #1321
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And yet they have 4 pilots under contract and selected none of them for the Bathurst 12 hour GT3 program
and make the announcement during the 12 hour
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:09 (Ref:3709286)   #1322
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and make the announcement during the 12 hour
were they encouraged to do so, as just another example - much like the bombardment of Supercar-driver-name-drops in relation to the 12Hr - of Supercars' insistence that it's all about them?
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:20 (Ref:3709288)   #1323
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
were they encouraged to do so, as just another example - much like the bombardment of Supercar-driver-name-drops in relation to the 12Hr - of Supercars' insistence that it's all about them?
why? logic escapes me. it gets buried.

Havent noticed much bombardment of supercar driver names, well apart from supercar drivers are in the first 4 cars, hard to escape that. Plus the drivers have topped a few sessions as well. 12 hour website certainly isn't covered by it, neither is speedcafe.

But the supercars website is, which i would have thought is logioical
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:35 (Ref:3709289)   #1324
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
why? logic escapes me. it gets buried.

Havent noticed much bombardment of supercar driver names, well apart from supercar drivers are in the first 4 cars, hard to escape that. Plus the drivers have topped a few sessions as well. 12 hour website certainly isn't covered by it, neither is speedcafe.

But the supercars website is, which i would have thought is logioical
it's the biggest motorsport event on the eastern seaboard this weekend, with the presence of a pit lane full of Supercar regulars, so I concede their logic in making a big deal of the Supercar connection.... but given the pedigree of much of the imported roster, and even the non Supercar locals, the Supercar social media apparent practice over the past couple of days of making more of the form of their middle-aged Main Game commentators in the BMW (for instance) than some of the outright marvels who aren't part of their gang, seems cliquey.

I would surmise that the rest of the logic would surround the concept that some of Supercars' lost fans, who walked away from the shebang in the wake of the Foxtel deal and lack of credible and exciting racing are tuning into the telecast and much of the associated social media, which potentially boosts the audience for their Big Announcement.

Third point... does anybody understand wtf Walkinshaw Racings does and why anymore?
Old 4 Feb 2017, 10:09 (Ref:3709319)   #1325
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
You do know Supercars owns the 12 hour right? just making sure not attacking

Last edited by PS2244; 4 Feb 2017 at 10:14.