Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Feb 2004, 17:03 (Ref:869642)   #1
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia testdriver with Williams

Just read on the www.verstappen.nl page: 23 year old Antonio Pizzonia ("Jungle Boy") is the new testdriver for Willams, the team for which he already has tested in 2002. Last season he drove 11 races for Jaguar, before being replaced by Justin Wilson.

love, bridget
Old 10 Feb 2004, 18:06 (Ref:869690)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=25988&s=5

Yes it has finally been confirmed, although surprises no one I guess.

Good news.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 18:08 (Ref:869694)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'll be the second test-driver - as far as I know Marc Gene is still official reserve.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 18:50 (Ref:869751)   #4
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Pizza is back as test driver.

Good for him.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 19:51 (Ref:869804)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow!
That was totally unexpected!
I think i need to lie down for a minute now.

Old 10 Feb 2004, 21:45 (Ref:869931)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He has another chance to prove himself, though Sir Frank has maintained his interest in the driver...
Old 10 Feb 2004, 22:18 (Ref:869987)   #7
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they are grooming him to be put in Ralf's seat next year. Then He will be against Webber again, Webber will kick his backside, and he will be in CART somewhere.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 22:31 (Ref:870009)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Second testers

:confused: we can but hope :confused:

In all seriousness I don't think he'll get a race seat at Williams. I don't think Gene will for that matter. However I think it is great that he has got the Williams test drive officially. They obviously rate him at Williams for his speed and testing ability. I'm glad that could be rewarded despite his brief spell out of F1, sorry I mean driving for Jaguar Racing.

Williams is one of the top teams and testing for them will be a full time job again.

Have the second test seats been confirmed for Ferrari and McLaren yet? I don't think Ferrari has - we had that Burti item last week. McLaren are De La Rosa again?

Actually if the second test drivers end up being Burti, De La Rosa and Pizzonia they are all ex-Jaguar Racing drivers! (and they wanted to sign Wurz too!). Why is it that the top three can get use out of them?

Will Renault have a dedicated second test driver this year, or will they call on the services of a lot of their driver scheme?
Old 10 Feb 2004, 22:56 (Ref:870041)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Good news as far as I'm concerned.

So how many ex-British F3 drivers are now in F1 for their value as test drivers? Let me see, that's Gene and Pizzonia at Williams, de la Rosa at McLaren, Burti (sort of..) at Ferrari, and... well, you tell me.

And guess what? Wurz and Montagny also raced at least once in British F3.

And a quiz question: name two drivers, one now an established star with one of the big four teams and the other seemingly on the brink of an F1 drive, who made their F3 debut in the British series, even if they only raced in it only once?

Come on guys, there are so many clues there it should be easy!!!
Old 11 Feb 2004, 00:41 (Ref:870123)   #10
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens wasnt it ?
Old 11 Feb 2004, 02:03 (Ref:870164)   #11
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I rate Pizzonia very highly he was just starting to get on Webbers pace when he was sent away. His successor was less than wonderful. I think Pizzonia went to Jaguar thinking he was going to be their star. When he realised it was not that easy he started to get real and in the last two or three races at Jaguar I think he generally matched Webber. I think Jaguar made a mistake sacking him.I think Wilson bought some money to Jaguar but long term they should have stuck with Pizzonia. I think Pzzonia will be a Williams race driver in 2005.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 03:07 (Ref:870199)   #12
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the stories that I have read about him it would seem that his biggest problem is his attitude towards preparation, his basic dedication to doing the little bit extra that's required to be really successful, you know, the things you do off track as well as on it. I think most people feel he has the raw speed, it appears that Frank certainly does, and that's a lucky thing for Antonio. Many drivers do not get a second chance. Then again, he could end up as the next Alex Wurz.

Apparently lesson number one on the track for Antonio was "don't steer so freakin' much!"
Old 11 Feb 2004, 13:34 (Ref:870668)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy mole
And a quiz question: name two drivers, one now an established star with one of the big four teams and the other seemingly on the brink of an F1 drive, who made their F3 debut in the British series, even if they only raced in it only once?

Come on guys, there are so many clues there it should be easy!!!

Jarno Trulli and Giorgio Pantano
Old 11 Feb 2004, 14:14 (Ref:870731)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Kicking-back: spot on! So who was Trulli's team-mate on that occasion and what was the team?

jasonhill: C'mon, Rubens was the '91 Champion!
Old 11 Feb 2004, 14:36 (Ref:870753)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

I'm thinking it was a one-off drive at the British Grand Prix support race, possibly with RC Motorsport. Pretty sure it was 1995.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 15:30 (Ref:870787)   #16
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anothony davidson, Takuma Sato, both drove in british F3 (and did well too)
Old 11 Feb 2004, 15:33 (Ref:870792)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Half the grid drove in British F3, but that's not actually the question.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 21:18 (Ref:871194)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
RC Motorsport is right, 1995 is wrong, and who was the team-mate? No more clues, you're too close!

Anthony Davidson is not the answer but he is an another current F1 test/reserve driver from British F3, which was my original comment.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 21:45 (Ref:871231)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

1994, Trulli did the race as a one-off teaming up with GianCarlo Fisichella.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 23:07 (Ref:871305)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Exactly right! And it was in the British GP support race as you said earlier. Just as well there wasn't a prize! Guess I'll have to go away and think up something more difficult...
Old 12 Feb 2004, 00:46 (Ref:871370)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Back on topic

I guess this means that Rosberg and Piquet don't get the chance of a Williams test drive this year then.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 01:34 (Ref:871407)   #22
DieRitter
Racer

Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland
DieRitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jasonhill9884
Then He will be against Webber again, Webber will kick his backside, and he will be in CART somewhere.
F1-Live.com:

'We saw what this guy can do,' said former BMW motorsport director Gerhard Berger, 'but I just can't understand what the Jaguar team did with him.'

DieRitter:

I really like Mark... but I don't think that Pizzonia is any slower than him.

Not every day that we see a 2nd test driver going faster than the 2 regulars and the official reserve.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 02:06 (Ref:871422)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by DieRitter

Not every day that we see a 2nd test driver going faster than the 2 regulars and the official reserve.
I take it your talking about testing? which doesn't mean everything.

However, Frank and Patrick think he has talent, and they know a thing or two about that
Old 12 Feb 2004, 02:43 (Ref:871437)   #24
DieRitter
Racer

Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland
DieRitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you... But Sam Michael and Patrick Head rate him so high that they didn't think twice to give him the 2004 car.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 14:12 (Ref:872002)   #25
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have to trust that Williams knows what there doing, when it comes to scouting and hiring drivers, much more than I would trust Jaguars driver judgement.

Jaguars quest for money, is surely clouding there opinions on who is a good driver and who is not. Williams doesn't have that problem. I'm quite sure we'll see Justin back someday also.

Danica Patrick