Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Feb 2004, 16:51 (Ref:870872)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Senna's Toleman-Hart on auction.

I guess its part of the 10 yr anniversary of Senna's death. Senna's Toleman-Hart is up for auction...
Man would i like to get the piece of memrobilia!

(donations from ten-tenthers for MY bid WILL be accepted PM me!anything under 50000 pounds not acceptable )
Old 11 Feb 2004, 17:05 (Ref:870887)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...10172642.shtml

Oh sorry forgot to post a link...

Last edited by ralf fan; 11 Feb 2004 at 17:06.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 18:25 (Ref:870979)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Should fetch quite a tidy packet.

Call me cynical if you will, but i wonder if the owner waited specifically for the 10th anniversery year, or has decided he no longer has room for it and decided that now is as good a time as any?
Old 11 Feb 2004, 18:56 (Ref:871014)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or maybe the 30th anniversay of when he drove the Toleman.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 19:01 (Ref:871022)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a mathmetician.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 19:06 (Ref:871029)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
He will probably edit the post though... ADAM you well and trully deserve your Physics degrees... no problem in the Math department!
Old 11 Feb 2004, 19:09 (Ref:871033)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They say the Toleman will bring in a million dollars.....I find that quite underwhelming to be honest.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 19:11 (Ref:871040)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
i still havent recieved donations to bolster MY bid for the car...
Old 11 Feb 2004, 19:20 (Ref:871060)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I tried something similar last May in a bid to buy Arrows' assets.

I raised 25p.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 19:54 (Ref:871107)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
He must've been very young when he drove for Toleman in 1974.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 19:55 (Ref:871108)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Surely you mean 20 years
Old 11 Feb 2004, 20:29 (Ref:871139)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No I'm speaking from a decade in the future I can't even remember if that is a typo or just the result of too much.

Anyway, my point was that is a better anniversary than the 1994. Perhaps it is the 30th anniversary of when Fittipaldi won his last championship and inspired Senna to go racing?

Or the 40th of the average of Clark's two championships. Another hero of Senna's.

Or the 50th of Fangio's 2nd...

Old 11 Feb 2004, 20:45 (Ref:871159)   #13
Comtec Renault
Racer

Comtec Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you think his first Racing car is worth! I can get his Van Diemen RF81 FF1600 complete,not touched or raced for years,as he left it.???
Old 11 Feb 2004, 21:21 (Ref:871198)   #14
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just imagin owning all the cars he has ever raced.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 23:18 (Ref:871313)   #15
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I know that car has been traded on the market several times since 1994. I don't expect it to sell for a million. I'll bet the price falls between 350-400K. That's my guess.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 23:25 (Ref:871325)   #16
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure my mind isn't playing games with me, but I'm sure an ex-Senna Toleman sold 12-18 months ago and fetched less than £15k. But with the 10th anniversary coming up, I'm sure it will fetch more this time around.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 08:53 (Ref:871586)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevespurr
Just imagin owning all the cars he has ever raced.
Mmmmmmm.
Just imagine driving all the cars he has ever raced

Last edited by Adam43; 12 Feb 2004 at 08:53.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 09:28 (Ref:871613)   #18
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
I tried something similar last May in a bid to buy Arrows' assets.

I raised 25p.
Actually, that's quite a reasonable bid for that kit
Old 12 Feb 2004, 10:38 (Ref:871657)   #19
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder what the 1991 WDC-winning McLaren Honda would fetch? Or the '85/'86 JPS Lotus, which were the prettest cars he drove.

Actually it would be intersting to see which of his F1 cars would be seen as the most valuable. Ironically, perhaps the "worst" car he had, comparitively speaking, was the 1993 McLaren which still won 5 races and RU in the WDC so that would be highly sought after you'd think.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 12 Feb 2004, 19:01 (Ref:872256)   #20
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This auction is mentioned elsewhere and this promotion claims that the car is the one he finished 2nd in at Monaco and nearly won!
This is complete bull. The Monaco chassis TG184-02 is still owned by Roger Cowman's syndicate and has been here in Europe since '84, although is up for sale. The car in Argentina is probably chassis '05'.

Senna used '02' up to his suspension from the Italian GP by Toleman boss Alex Hawkridge. 'Hawkeye' was upset that Senna had signed for Lotus for '85 without discussing it first, so dropped him for one race. The team had been a one car operation anyway since Cecotto broke his legs at Brands Hatch.
Therefore a replacement was required for Monza so Stefan Johansson was drafted in from Tyrrell and finished a fine 4th in '02'. Stefan kept the car for the final two races and Senna used '05' on his return, finishing 3rd at the season closing Portugese GP.
Chassis 05 went to the Auto Toy Store in the USA and has been in the Americas ever since.
Johansson was given chassis 02 as the team could not pay him. Roger's syndicate bought the car from Johansson's father several years later and have all factory documents. The car in this promotion is definitely a Senna Toleman but not the one everybody remembers.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 19:11 (Ref:872271)   #21
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Mmmmmmm.
Just imagine driving all the cars he has ever raced
Or imagine being commissioned to research and paint them all!
http://www.andrewkitson.com/pages/pops/driven.html
Old 12 Feb 2004, 20:04 (Ref:872325)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Great stuff!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 20:14 (Ref:872340)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Great stuff Andrew!!
Old 13 Feb 2004, 11:08 (Ref:872990)   #24
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In 1990 Anthony Davidson was given an unusual extra prize by the Hunts kart club at their annual awards...they had just taken delivery of a truck load of Goodyear slicks for use as barriers for their Kimbolton track. They gave him Senna's right front 'one lap qualifier type' slick from the 1990 Japanese qualifying. It's got all the correct markings including his stenciled No.1 race number on the sidewall, and came complete with a provenance by the kart club. Wonder what a Senna fan would pay for it?

Last edited by Rennen; 13 Feb 2004 at 11:09.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 11:17 (Ref:872997)   #25
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1000 to 1500 pounds, but since it's a rare one that number could go up dramatically.
Especially on something like eBay.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 13 Feb 2004 at 11:18.