Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Oct 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3463283)   #1
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP3 2014

The second to last event of the season is on and there doesn't seem to bee a thread for GP3 season at all!? Maybe I'm just blind and/or can't use search... if so, please merge.

Sochi qualifying results are quite interesting. Dean Stoneman really showed us that Koiranen bros. still know how to make cars go fast, even though this season's results haven't been that great. It's not easy to jump into a new car in the middle of the season, but a half second margin for pole position is amazing in a series like GP3.

Track was new for everyone except Marvin Kirchhöfer who did couple of show laps in Arttech-OPC F3 car during Russian racing championship round. Don't know if that really helped or not but Marvin qualified third only 4 thousands slower than Alex Fontana.

Nikolay Martsenko returned to Hilmer second time this season. His last outing was second round of the season in Austria. For some reason Martsenko, who was quite decent in FR3.5, hasn't found the pace in GP3. He qualified last.

Manor skipped the Russian weekend and claimed it to be because of "purely commercial reasons". I think it's a bit hard to believe because 2/3 of their drivers had enough budget to buy seats elsewhere... Any idea what the actual reasons might be?
Old 12 Oct 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3464065)   #2
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Everybody seems to focus on F3 nowadays.

Where was Marussia Manor team this weekend? Someone got scorned.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3464223)   #3
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame for Manor, may be they have decided to concentrate 110% at F1. I was a bit surprised.
Stoneman was fantastic and judging by how fast he was last season at Abu Dhabi... For me he has been the most impressive driver along with Marvin. Lynn is champion, but he has been thinking too much about the championship.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 07:00 (Ref:3464329)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair to Lynn, he obviously has the talent, and RBR would want him to take the title after Verstappen, as well as Lynn's past 2 seasons as an F3 frontrunner.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 20:51 (Ref:3464649)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Stoneman looks an even better driver than I thought he was pre illness!

Hopefully he gets some backing to do 3.5 or GP2 next year.

Tags
gp3