Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Sep 2010, 08:20 (Ref:2753963)   #51
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The MG was built to BTC-T spec so even if Hughes does come back, which I doubt, it won't be in the ZS.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2755668)   #52
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read on TCT that James Thompson would love to have a shot at the BTCC title in 2011
Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2755965)   #53
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thompson is a great asset to any series, the chances of him in the BTCC are higher with him being the test driver of the new car, what better way to showcase it by giving Thommo a full time ride and shot at the title.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2755986)   #54
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
Thompson is a great asset to any series, the chances of him in the BTCC are higher with him being the test driver of the new car, what better way to showcase it by giving Thommo a full time ride and shot at the title.
We need Thommo back on track in a high profile series! The ETCC is ok, but it's way too short a championship to really see what we want to see. The BTCC is a super championship. Still, I wouldn't rule out the WTCC if new manufacturers step in (unlikely, but I'm an optimistic kind of guy! =D)
Old 11 Sep 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2757697)   #55
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkd56 View Post
Just read on TCT that James Thompson would love to have a shot at the BTCC title in 2011
That's probably just a bit of self-promo to see if there are any fairy godmothers out there to pay for a drive for him. As others have said though, it would be great to have him back in the championship next year.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2760071)   #56
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
indycar forum reckons weldon is after btcc drive.
Cant see it myself, he has wife and kid in us
Old 15 Sep 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2760078)   #57
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
indycar forum reckons weldon is after btcc drive.
Cant see it myself, he has wife and kid in us
And a salary.

Can't see that one happening at all.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2760238)   #58
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And he'd probably expect everyone to move out his way in the braking zones, as per the stupid Indycar rules currently.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2760263)   #59
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AMD/Milltek are going to announce something after Donington. I'm guessing it'll be them running a SEAT Leon with NGTC engine next year alongside the Golf.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 10:39 (Ref:2760271)   #60
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really? I'd say it'd be an NGTC engined Golf (they've stated they want to do this) and a new sponsor.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2760326)   #61
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's the way I see it too TL. They want to do their own 2.0 turbo engine in the Golf to NGTC rules. There was a rumour in Autosport the other week about a gas powered engine, having seen how it's gone in the Swedish Sciroccos, but it'd need manufacturer help and as they're running the previous generation Golf, that'd be unlikely.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2761233)   #62
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the AMD Golf sporting the YourRacingCar pictures on its roof this weekend, and an announcement due from the AMD squad next week, whats the chances of an AMD/YRC 2 car team next year? Lets hope if they do, Phil Glew is in the second car. *crosses fingers really hard* :P
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2761305)   #63
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
With the AMD Golf sporting the YourRacingCar pictures on its roof this weekend, and an announcement due from the AMD squad next week, whats the chances of an AMD/YRC 2 car team next year? Lets hope if they do, Phil Glew is in the second car. *crosses fingers really hard* :P
What second car, they only have one.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:32 (Ref:2761317)   #64
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hollamby has been saying pretty much since the beginning of the season that he intends to run a second car next year, they must have something in place, or at least plans to do so.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2761325)   #65
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not so sure it'll be Phil Glew. Maxx Sport runner Simon Shaw has been linked to AMD since before the start of this season and was hoping to get out at some stage this year. Maybe he's finally got the walla together for a seat.

Details on Simon Shaw's site

Shaun and the guys at AMD are regular contributors here on ten-tenths... come on guys, put us out of our misery and let us know if you can
Old 19 Sep 2010, 00:00 (Ref:2761383)   #66
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hollamby has been saying pretty much since the beginning of the season that he intends to run a second car next year, they must have something in place, or at least plans to do so.
Have you got any links to confirm that? It's not something I recall him saying. I stand corrected to be proved wrong of course.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2761459)   #67
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/2010/08/2...ights-on-2011/

Try that for size. I've read it somewhere else as well, but can't remember where.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2761645)   #68
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84
Hollamby has been saying pretty much since the beginning of the season that he intends to run a second car next year
He's mentioned running a second driver in place of himself this year but I'm not aware of any serious suggestions of a two-car team.

Quote:

Try that for size. I've read it somewhere else as well, but can't remember where.
That quote is all but useless. It lists at least 3 different possibilities, in effect all he is saying is that they don't know what they are doing next year. Actually although the article speculates on a second car there's nothing in the quote from Hollamby himself to indicate that. He says that they have a driver interested in driving the Golf, but as this year that could well mean in place of himself rather than in addition to.

If they want to run a second Golf then they'll need to build one, which is no easy task especially bearing in mind they didn't build the one they already have. Plus with the limited life left in S2000 cars as far as BTCC goes then that doesn't seem like a sensible move.

They could buy something like a Leon, but I would question the logic in running a two car team with two completely different makes of car. It's been done a few times before but never successfully. You either have to double the money you have tied up in spares or carry half what you would normally require for each car and hope you never run out of something important.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2761854)   #69
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Not what he said here? http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5314

In fact he 'rubbished rumours of a second car'.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2761860)   #70
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5299

Arena to junk LPG, get Mountune to build NGTC petrol engines next year.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2761867)   #71
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
Oh well! No real need for the overly aggressive rumour-scotching though, after all this is a rumours thread, and I was merely speculating. It was a nice thought while it lasted!
Old 20 Sep 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2761954)   #72
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=5299

Arena to junk LPG, get Mountune to build NGTC petrol engines next year.
And Dynamics too (with Neil Brown, not Mountune, obviously )...

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=5316
Old 21 Sep 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2762396)   #73
shaunhollamby
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chelsfield, Kent
shaunhollamby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Somebody told me it was getting a bit rabid on here so I thought I should join in!

The touringcartimes.com article is pretty accurate- in my experience drivers like talking about having the budget to run a racing car but until something substantial arrives in my bank account then it is just that- talk!

Our plans for 2011 are to run NGTC engine regs in the current Golf as a first stage to full NGTC car in the following year. Which future model is undecided?

We are actively seeking sponsorship for 2011 and our new marketing brochure is available to download if any of you are feeling flush!: http://www.amdmilltekracing.com/sponsors.cfm

Heres an article regarding our link up with YRC at Donington: http://www.yourracingcar.com/news_ar...&article_id=90

Thanks for all the interest and looking forward to the finale at Brands Hatch.

Cheers Shaun.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2762405)   #74
ckBrenneke
Rookie

ckBrenneke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see AMD Milltek's plans are long term, Shaun, and it'll be great seeing the car competing higher up the field with the new engine.

I see in Autosport that RML are offering the WTCC and BTCC teams' Cruze chassis and engines for sale due to new regulations. They are also offering to run cars for drivers in the BTCC in 2011. Obviously the WTCC car is going with the 1.6 Turbo, but could this mean they are planning on going NGTC for the BTCC team? Makes sense with the other front-running teams making announcements on the NGTC engine.

Also, with the Dynamics NGTC engine announcement, didn't Steve Neal say earlier this year they wouldn't be changing the engine as the unit was unable to fit into the Civic's engine bay? What's changed now, other than the speed trap figures...?
Old 21 Sep 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2762414)   #75
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckBrenneke View Post

I see in Autosport that RML are offering the WTCC and BTCC teams' Cruze chassis and engines for sale due to new regulations. They are also offering to run cars for drivers in the BTCC in 2011. Obviously the WTCC car is going with the 1.6 Turbo, but could this mean they are planning on going NGTC for the BTCC team? Makes sense with the other front-running teams making announcements on the NGTC engine.
That's a lot of work to develop a new engine purely for the BTCC, especially when they have a programme for this 1.6 turbo for the WTCC. Remember RML do all the engines in-house, so they'd have a lot of work on their plate doing three different kinds of engine programmes.

Quote:
Also, with the Dynamics NGTC engine announcement, didn't Steve Neal say earlier this year they wouldn't be changing the engine as the unit was unable to fit into the Civic's engine bay? What's changed now, other than the speed trap figures...?
The TOCA engine won't fit, but a Neil Brown-built Honda turbo would.