Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Jul 2001, 08:10 (Ref:118696)   #1
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EA To Release V8 Supercars Game ?

Quote:
In March 2001 Digital Illusions announced that a racing game developed by them would be launched by Electronic Arts Australia. The game is developed especially for the Australian market and features local racing leagues and car models. All details were still confidential as of May 25th.Although there's still not much know about this game, Jeff Sharpe now found a sign-up form in his local EB store advertising a game based on the Aussie V8's. The best he could get out of them was that it'll be released in Sept.
This was taken today from http://www.sportplanet.com/hg/

Do EA Have a V8 Supercar game in the works ? Don't Comdemasters have exclusive rights to this category ?

Why aren't EA a little more forthcoming in regards to info ?

Dick Johnsons V8 Challenge anyone ?
Old 18 Jul 2001, 13:00 (Ref:118798)   #2
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All V8 Supercars had to make themselves available last Friday afternoon for digital images to be taken of the cars for inclusion in a forthcoming computer simulation game.
Old 18 Jul 2001, 13:03 (Ref:118801)   #3
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah but I don't think they'd be able to get the artwork for 32 cars done in such a short space of time if the game is in fact due out in September....sounds a little tight ?
Old 18 Jul 2001, 13:07 (Ref:118804)   #4
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno - would suggest the cars have been designed, just needed the current paint jobs.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 01:10 (Ref:119023)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't care who makes it, or when it's released, I just want a decent V8 Supercar game
Old 19 Jul 2001, 02:07 (Ref:119031)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Here here DNQ !

But EA Sports Racing Sims don't give me a lot of Confidence. Hopefully they are just marketing the game.

Rumour has it the game was actually written by Digital Illusions who wrote the Swedish Touring Car games which didn't look to bad...fingers crossed and we'll see what happens.

It would be nice if there were the VS, VT,VX, EL and AU models all in there wouldn't it ? And also a feature to paint your own car ?

I can't wait to drive around MT Panorama, Oran Park and Adelaide !

Anyway I'll stop fantasising and just wait I guess...

Last edited by Buckshot; 19 Jul 2001 at 02:09.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 05:46 (Ref:119077)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it is anything like STCC I will be happy. I have the demo of that, and it is a great game.
Old 31 Aug 2001, 07:45 (Ref:138880)   #8
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Latest word is this game has been pushed back to November. Also, the only teams officially in the game at this stage are HRT and FTR.

Might have some news on what tracks are in the game next week. Sim Racing news ( www.sportplanet.com/hg/ )reckon they know but will not be saying until then.
Old 31 Aug 2001, 10:33 (Ref:138928)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's funny, especially since nearly every team (YEE HAAA MORKY AND COLOURSCAN!) is in that Dick Johnson game...