Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 3 Jun 2002, 23:46 (Ref:303940)   #1
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Katoe

How do you guys rate Daijiro Kato? He's had a bad couple of races, but he was amazing at Jerez and I think that when he gets enough experience under his belt, he might be the only one out there who could consistently challenge and perhaps beat Rossi.
As much as I like and admire Rossi, I don't want him to have it all his own way. So whats the chance Kato and Rossi will have equal bikes for 2003?

Last edited by Raven; 3 Jun 2002 at 23:48.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 02:02 (Ref:304002)   #2
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im not sure, but, once he does get the 4 stroke. itll be another learning year for him :\

in all honesty, i believe the west team would be a bigger threat than katoh next year on a 4 stroke. specially since barros is more of a 4 stroke rider and capirossi will be fast almost anything you put him on.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 03:16 (Ref:304023)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kato is the best rider to come out Japan thus far, in my opinion. He's super fast and aggressive plus seems to have good technical feedback and knows how to set up a bike.

His past two races have not been good, that's for sure, but he's trying his hardest on a bike not capable of winning.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 09:57 (Ref:304223)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
katoh was just as dominating as valentino was in the 250cc class

motogp - give katoh a year or to.....
Old 5 Jun 2002, 11:05 (Ref:305152)   #5
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kato was MORE dominating then rossi and the record books show that.
However, it is a tragity that he has to waste a year riding a bike that cannot win. As we shall see, no 2 stroke will win a race this year. And they will be lucky (yes even Lois) to make it into the top 4 at the end of the year (it will be a bloodly amazing effort if a 2-stroke does).

I really feel for those 2 stroke guys, basically they are on a hideing to nothing. And they have so much to lose. They are all capable riders, but i really hope that no one injures themselves riding the wheels of thing trying to finish top 6.
Lets hope they only waste a year!
Old 6 Jun 2002, 03:04 (Ref:305942)   #6
moto1
Racer

moto1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't the Pons team getting four-stroke bikes before the end of the season?
And whats happening with Ryo? Is he riding in Moto GP this season? I thought he'd be helping the team already but Suzuki are taking there time!
I bet he kicks Gibernau's and Roberts arse when he does come in.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 03:21 (Ref:305945)   #7
moto1
Racer

Who was Kato up against though?
He didn't have the now moto gp line up to race against!
He had Melandri, Harada, Rolfo, Locatelli, Nieto and McWilliams, Ok he did get up there with Hailwoods record but the 99 season Rossi was up against Capirossi, Ukawa, Waldmann, Jacque, Nakano, Perugini, Battaini, Rolfo etc, I think he had it easy compared to other years in the 250,s! remember 98! wow what a season that was.
We'll soon see when he gets a V5 Honda, which will be soon.

And whats happening with Ryo? Is he riding in Moto GP this season? I thought he'd be helping the team already but Suzuki are taking there time!
Old 6 Jun 2002, 03:25 (Ref:305949)   #8
moto1
Racer

Whats up with this its posting half of my--------------------------------------------
Old 6 Jun 2002, 05:42 (Ref:305998)   #9
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by moto1

me, like every other west pons fan are hoping they get the 4 strokes. for some reason i doubt it will happen though :\

ryo will be racing three rounds in motogp. catalunya, assen, and the british gp. he will also be racing in ajrrs prototype class to devlope the bike and the tyres. so far hes unofically has won the majority of the races. the prototype class doesnt get points.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 09:21 (Ref:306122)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard through the grapevine that no other team is getting a 4-stroke Honda until next year, but it's only rumour. The only team I can see getting their hands on Honda 4-strokes this year is Pons.

As for Kato and his 250cc record, he may have had no real 'names' in the class, but to blitz them like he did is no mean achievement. He dominated completely. And let's not forget Harada is no slouch and Kato made him look rather ordinary.

IMO the battle of 2003 will be Rossi vs Kato on 4-strokes.
Old 8 Jun 2002, 09:41 (Ref:307956)   #11
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moto1, Kato did finish 3rd (behind Nakano and Jacque) in his first season, and still could have won the championship at the last race of the year at Phillip Island (2000) if Nakano and OJ took each other out. That not just mathical possibliity, because he did finish 3rd, so he would've.
So he beat Ukawa (who came 4th) in his first year too.