Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Aug 2001, 07:58 (Ref:135612)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Auscar

Last night we decided to eat out and went to a local pub for a meal and with our meal we got a free scratchie for a fathers day prize.

well of course we won
actually i think everyone wins ..but the prize was to go into a draw to win a ride in an AUSCAR !!!!

i didnt ask because I didnt know ..so i thought i would come here and ask ..is there still such a class as Auscar ???
Old 25 Aug 2001, 08:03 (Ref:135614)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ooppss..sorry posted before I was finished...anyway i know they dont run at the thunderdome anymore and I believe a few were changed into future tourers or something like that.

I dont really know whats happened to them or even if they still exist ..but then why is this pub offering a ride in one ???

I guess I will find out if i win
Old 25 Aug 2001, 11:34 (Ref:135691)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure they'd still be around, and meh....the ride could be in a carpark at the pub
Old 25 Aug 2001, 12:57 (Ref:135718)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
hahaha..that would be fun Crash ...the car park was a paddock

then again they used to do a fair bit of circle work !!!
Old 26 Aug 2001, 03:41 (Ref:135941)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a huge shame that the Superspeedway championship in Australia died, it was a different kind of racing in Australia, and at one time was very popular, then it lost some TV and the sponser's left, there must be some way to get it back.
Old 27 Aug 2001, 16:30 (Ref:136555)   #6
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could it be that they are talking about the V8 Stock Cars that run on the PowerTour? I seem to remember seeing somewhere that in addition to all the aforementioned trouble that Auscar had - there was also ... CAMS!!!! The way the PowerTour website reads, it seems that Auscar has evolved into 'V8 Stock Cars'. Who knows what the situation with CAMS is now.
Old 27 Aug 2001, 22:18 (Ref:136755)   #7
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAMS has no authority over them... and good luck to them. CAMS went to court over the issue, Bob Jane as the organiser wanted to show CAMS that they were going the wrong direction and he won the case under the Restricted Trade Practices legislation.

Bob could have torn CAMS apart and left everything in a shambles, but he stopped before that could happen, he had no desire to destroy them, just to show them that their draconian ways would not always be tolerated and that there was another way to sort out the overheads needed to run race meetings.

That's why Wakefield Park, the HSRCA and others sometimes run meetings without CAMS sanction... they are keeping that thread going, where CAMS are continually reminded that they can't be the dictators that they have been over the years.

You do know how CAMS is defined, don't you? A bunch of eccentrics running round in circles knocking the stuffing out of their followers...

Phil Ward's Legends is one who doesn't want to go with CAMS, though the cars exceed in every way the basic CAMS requirements for safety etc. You saw what they did to him a few weeks ago...
Old 28 Aug 2001, 04:16 (Ref:136877)   #8
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus,

First - you didn't say where you were eating...Melbourne, Sydney ??

Wakefield Park has a number of AUSCAR's which they give 'rides' in (for a fee of course )

Ray - I understand that the 'CAMS/Non-CAMS debate is still festering and was recently brought up again by CAMS denying Wakefield Park a permit to run a State Open meeting if they permitted Phil Ward's Legends to run on the same program. I can only state, at this time, what was contained in a media release from CAMS - which I thought was unprecedented btw - but I believe this will soon be heading for either the ACCC and/or the courts once again.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 15:44 (Ref:137101)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I dont think it was the stockcar thingy...they were adament it was a Auscar...i dunno.

Racetime ...get a map locate Sydney and locate melbourne and find roughly the middle between the 2 and thats where I was

could be the wakefield park thing ..its only a few hours from here ..but then again winton is only 1 hour ..so it may be down there..but i prefer Crash tests offer of the carpark ...wooohoooo !!!!
Old 28 Aug 2001, 21:30 (Ref:137269)   #10
RaceTime
Veteran

I seriously doubt if it is Winton - no one around there owns any AUSCAR's.

Hmmm mid way between Sydney and Melbourne - Oh! You mean Hobart - right....
Old 28 Aug 2001, 22:08 (Ref:137294)   #11
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
Ray - I understand that the 'CAMS/Non-CAMS debate is still festering and was recently brought up again by CAMS denying Wakefield Park a permit to run a State Open meeting if they permitted Phil Ward's Legends to run on the same program. I can only state, at this time, what was contained in a media release from CAMS - which I thought was unprecedented btw - but I believe this will soon be heading for either the ACCC and/or the courts once again.
The CAMS always complained about the motorbikes being on the same programme as the cars at Longford, but it went on...

Their problem is they are all too keen to flex their muscles and challenge people who have an interest in motor racing, quite the opposite of what they should be like. Phil Ward is suitably livid over it all, I think he has ideas about some kind of action.

In the meantime, where does Motor Racing benefit... and how do those who contribute on a regular basis to the coffers of CAMS like their money being wasted on litigation?

They need to come down from their ivory tower and stop making these mistakes.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 01:49 (Ref:137412)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well I believe there is at least 3 sitting right here in Albury somwhere ???

who knows i will have to wait and see.

Hobart
Old 6 Sep 2001, 05:53 (Ref:142272)   #13
Steve Watkins
Rookie

Steve Watkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Marshall Brewer's Fastrack Racing still operating? They used to have the rides/drives in AUSCARS at Calder a few years ago but i have not heard anything recently.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 05:57 (Ref:142273)   #14
RaceTime
Veteran

It is but they are now using their versions of V8 Supercars instead of AUSCARS
Old 6 Sep 2001, 14:19 (Ref:142484)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I havent heard anything from this so sadly it looks as if I didnt win