Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What do you rate the race?
10 1 1.32%
9 1 1.32%
8 4 5.26%
7 9 11.84%
6 19 25.00%
5 11 14.47%
4 11 14.47%
3 11 14.47%
2 4 5.26%
1 5 6.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 May 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3246131)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race - Spanish Grand Prix

What score do you give it?
Old 12 May 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3246174)   #2
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I gave it 1 because there is no option for 0.

Anyone remember when F1 was about the fastest drivers racing the fastest cars?
Old 12 May 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3246177)   #3
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really should have given it a 2 but was nice and gave it a 3.

Truly dreadful race, the first lap was great because there was actually real passing for position but after that it got progressively worse and worse. Drivers not racing each other, tire stops more frequent than overtaking and hounding, another Shanghai but even worse and more boring. Only overtakes were through DRS and nobody bothered to fend them off except Vettel and Perez once each. Not a single televised overtake or battle in the last 30 minutes except Diresta and Nico and who knew both were managing tyres and no pass would be made. Congrats on Fernando though, great win.

Never thought I'd say this but the Bahrain Grand Prix was the best race of the season so far.
Old 12 May 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3246180)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll give it a five, for the first three corners. Basically an advert for wheel guns and tyres after that.

Last edited by garcon; 12 May 2013 at 14:09.
Old 12 May 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3246184)   #5
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by REALIST View Post
I gave it 1 because there is no option for 0.

Anyone remember when F1 was about the fastest drivers racing the fastest cars?
But Alonso was the fastest driver and Ferrari was clearly the faster car.

It was a boring race but tyre preservation has always been a big part of f1
Old 12 May 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3246190)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not a great race but still some excitement in places gave it a 6
Old 12 May 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3246192)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting to see how it panned out, but certainly not exciting...apart from Fernando's passing at the start......

Some good battles far down the field, but sad to see the Mercs having to fend off Force India, after the Qualy performance.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3246195)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it a tire of out 10 because I can't tire a race that is just about tires.

In fact, tires are all I can tire about during Grand Prix these days. It's becoming way too dominant and it's completely tiring. Not sure I can tire myself to watch the next tire.

One more thing.

Tires.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:13 (Ref:3246202)   #9
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Interesting to see how it panned out, but certainly not exciting...apart from Fernando's passing at the start......

Some good battles far down the field, but sad to see the Mercs having to fend off Force India, after the Qualy performance.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3246204)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I gave it a probably quite generous 5. Not much going on, however the tyre conservation thing to me is reasonably interesting. Its not exciting, however it does add another dimension, something which used to exist decades ago. I just wish they could have tyres that the drivers could attack with and which don't throw a field of marbles on the track after lap 10.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3246206)   #11
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A typical Barcelona snorefest but run at 80% of the normal pace.
For the Alonso double pass I rated the "race" a 1.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3246210)   #12
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

exceptionally boring, but at least it appears Ferrari will give RBR a run.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3246220)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6. I didn't find it boring really. It gets an extra point for no Vettel on the podium. A shame Mark couldn't hurry up and pass him.

OK, I did fall asleep, but I was pretty tired today.....
Old 12 May 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3246223)   #14
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5. Fairly soporific, with some interesting moments.

I'm not sure if the present tyres are improving the racing or not. But at least the racing is now dominated by tyres and aero, instead of just being dominated by aero.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3246226)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
5. Fairly soporific, with some interesting moments.

I'm not sure if the present tyres are improving the racing or not. But at least the racing is now dominated by tyres and aero, instead of just being dominated by aero.
I believe that they are destroying the racing as is DRS..
Old 12 May 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3246231)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I believe that they are destroying the racing as is DRS..
Do you remember when every race involved a fast car stuck behind a slow one for a dozen laps, completely unable to overtake?
Old 12 May 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3246233)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When no one could overtake, we all moaned.

Now that everyone can overtake, we still moan.

We will always moan about something.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3246234)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Quite pleased, but not that much.
Old 12 May 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3246235)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Do you remember when every race involved a fast car stuck behind a slow one for a dozen laps, completely unable to overtake?
Yes I do, but this is not thread to discuss this..
Old 12 May 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3246252)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6 on the edge...
Old 12 May 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3246253)   #21
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I had it on intermittent fast-forward from lap 18 onwards......

We need competition for tyre supply.
Old 12 May 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3246259)   #22
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
But Alonso was the fastest driver and Ferrari was clearly the faster car.

It was a boring race but tyre preservation has always been a big part of f1
This has gone way past tyre preservation. The GP2 race today needed tyre preservation skills but many of them made the race on one set.
Old 12 May 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3246261)   #23
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
When no one could overtake, we all moaned.

Now that everyone can overtake, we still moan.

We will always moan about something.
When the racing was usually non-existent, we moaned and now when the racing is usually nonsensical we are still moaning. It's a perfectly consistent moan in the other words.

In short we are moaning that we fans are being by-passed. Firstly the sport was sleep walking, then they woke up not to the fans but to the masses and so turned the sport into a circus to amuse them.
Old 12 May 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3246262)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess so.

But should we be surprised at our lack of importance?
Old 12 May 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3246269)   #25
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May as well just watch the last 10 laps of any race now as the rest of it has little bearing on real racing.. must be so confusing for fans at the track with no idea whats going on. Ive watched F1 for over 30yrs and this is a sad state of what its become now.