Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jul 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1662663)   #1
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Lion King is dead (Skaife), long live the new Lion King (Tander).

Tander is sure showing Skaifey how it's done. They're both using the same equipment and the pressure looks to be a bit too much for the old fella. I guess he'll still be good for the enduros.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 11:15 (Ref:1662670)   #2
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny, he's still doing better than most of the others out there. Is the difference that you don't expect them to be good for the enduros?
Old 23 Jul 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1662709)   #3
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did Skaife do wrong? Name one thing that was under his control as a human that caused his bad result.

Maybe deep down everyone is a fan of Skaife - they all seem to expect perfection out of the man.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1662710)   #4
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you are wrong ST, Skaife is just having a bad year as does every team from one time too another
Old 23 Jul 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1662737)   #5
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see GT take the title this year. But I don't think Skaife is a spent force by any means.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1663014)   #6
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto, alfacors, ditto
Old 24 Jul 2006, 02:32 (Ref:1663074)   #7
stmorri
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
I think you are wrong ST, Skaife is just having a bad year as does every team from one time too another
Kerri, Skaifey's "bad year" is now in it's fourth season. It's just that now he can't blame Ambrose for his problems!
Old 24 Jul 2006, 02:47 (Ref:1663078)   #8
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The Fat lady has sung. Skaifes year is over again. 4 unlucky seasons in a row
Old 24 Jul 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1663160)   #9
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
Kerri, Skaifey's "bad year" is now in it's fourth season. It's just that now he can't blame Ambrose for his problems!
Over the last three years Skaife has finished 5th, 12th & 3rd in the Championship & has won Bathurst. Going on these stats im sure 95% of the field would be hard pressed to be able to boast that on their cv's.

As for Blaming Ambrose, there were times when Ambrose's push past tactics left Car 2 in the sand on more then one occassion. (I can hear the screams from Ford fans right now, how dare I tarnish the name of the great one M.Ambrose). May I just say, that I have the utter most respect for Marcos' driving skill, his results set the bar for the rest of the field over the past few years, but he was as much to blame as Skaife for a HANDFUL of Skaife's off track excursions, and I don't care if your names Mark Skaife or David Thexton, if someone drives you off the road, you're not going to let it go without making it clear you're not happy about it.

If you actually listen to Mark, he will tell you his driving over the past few seasons has been below par, and that he's made the wrong decisions at times. He's man enough to admit it, and is taking a different approach now. Whether HRT will ever return to their once dominant force remains to be seen, but you'd be a blind fool to believe that "The fat lady has sung."
There are good things to come, no doubt about it.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1663182)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think you can name only two or three where ambrose has been involved. you can name a lot more where he has done it himself, so it seems a bit unfair to bring ambrose into it in that way
Old 24 Jul 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1663191)   #11
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
i think you can name only two or three where ambrose has been involved. you can name a lot more where he has done it himself, so it seems a bit unfair to bring ambrose into it in that way
Maybe you should read my post again peckstar.

It was in response to a generalised comment -

"It's just that now he can't blame Ambrose for his problems!" Now if you ask me, making a throw away line like that with absolutely no substance is unfair peckstar.

I didnt bring up Ambrose, someone else did, so respond to them about it.

I quantified my arguement stating Ambrose was partly responsible for a HANDFUL of incidents. Skaife is responsible for many of his stuff ups yes, as i said, he's admitted that.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1663223)   #12
stmorri
Veteran

Skaife and Tander, the same machinery, the same opportunity......and Tander is blowin' 'im into the weeds!
Old 24 Jul 2006, 09:41 (Ref:1663232)   #13
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km
Over the last three years Skaife has finished 5th, 12th & 3rd in the Championship & has won Bathurst. Going on these stats im sure 95% of the field would be hard pressed to be able to boast that on their cv's.
Spot on mate.....
Old 24 Jul 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1663244)   #14
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
hrt_rulz01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Skaife and Tander, the same machinery, the same opportunity......and Tander is blowin' 'im into the weeds!
thats why skaifey has won the most races this year, has 2 poles, and is only that far back because of this run of bad luck hes been having. i think his season will only improve. especially at bathurst
Old 24 Jul 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1663245)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
im not sure the continual car problems can be considered bad luck. Bad managment more likely.

both hRT cars have had continual car problems this year. i doubt there is more than 3 races wheer one or the other hRT car has not had a problem. certainly in2 of 3 races on the weekend theer were car problems
Old 24 Jul 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1663255)   #16
6.213km
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
im not sure the continual car problems can be considered bad luck. Bad managment more likely.

both hRT cars have had continual car problems this year. i doubt there is more than 3 races wheer one or the other hRT car has not had a problem. certainly in2 of 3 races on the weekend theer were car problems
Agreed. Their reliability is a concern.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1663348)   #17
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
So just how different are the HRT and HSVDT teams, management and cars? Is it only the testing they are sharing, or is there more to it than that? Maybe they just need to find the black cat that is sleeping in the HRT side of the shed... get rid of that and the bad luck might go away.... It certainly doesn't seem to have tainted HSVDT at all.

There are a couple of lines being pushed here.... one that Skaife has lost his edge.... the other that HRT themselves are the problem. If Skaife has lost it there shouldn't be any questions about the cars....but Todd is struggling too - has he lost his edge as well? (not that is was as sharp an edge as Skaifes). If it is HRT that are the problem, then how can you write off Skaife - he hasn't had reliable enough equipment to show that he could still be the Lion King. That would be like saying that Lowndes should have packed it in when he was at 00.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 02:51 (Ref:1664629)   #18
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Skaife celbrates his 39th birthday this year. He is hardly old, only a child would suggest so.

GT is having a good year, no doubt about it, but to write Skaife off is to deny/ignore the good results he keeps getting.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1664909)   #19
stmorri
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
Mark Skaife celbrates his 39th birthday this year. He is hardly old, only a child would suggest so.

GT is having a good year, no doubt about it, but to write Skaife off is to deny/ignore the good results he keeps getting.
David, his results are becoming more spasmodic.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 03:12 (Ref:1670532)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
David, his results are becoming more spasmodic.
This is a problem for him under the current pointscore, but if it is changed to a system like what most here advocating, then his championship performance will improve.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1670540)   #21
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
This is a problem for him under the current pointscore, but if it is changed to a system like what most here advocating, then his championship performance will improve.
WRONG. Without the drop your worst round Skaife is struggling in 10th, and seems to be going down faster than a lap dancer on a Mobil sponsored pole.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 03:53 (Ref:1670542)   #22
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think David is referring to the current dodgy points system billy.
On a fair points system, Mr Skaife would be right up there with all his wins...
Old 2 Aug 2006, 03:55 (Ref:1670544)   #23
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Correct!
Old 2 Aug 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1670806)   #24
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Maybe billy should apply the system he proposed on the other thread to this years results so far, and let us know where Skaifey is in that?
Old 3 Aug 2006, 23:21 (Ref:1672679)   #25
falcon58
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
falcon58 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mark Skaife celbrates his 39th birthday this year. He is hardly old, only a child would suggest so
It's funny that alot of people have been saying that at 40 both Ingall & Seton are to old to be in the game, isn't it strange how 1 year can make all the difference