Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 14 Jan 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1815052)   #1
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brands Hatch round - GP or Indy circuit?

I always assumed this year's Brands round would be on the GP circuit again. But looking at the "International Series" calendar at FIA.com (dated 12/1/07), they have the race listed as on the Indy circuit.

A1GP.com still shows the GP layout, while motorsportvision.co.uk is no help. So I'm sincerely hoping the FIA have made a mistake... a weekend not being able to wander the GP loop would hold little appeal for me.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1815055)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, MSV has it down as GP circuit as well don't they...

I hope the FIA has made a mistake as it was also their site which said BTCC is at Silverstone the weekend before when they are infact at Rockingham.

I would hope therefore that it is being held on the GP circuit.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1815083)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets just hope that A1 is on the GP circuit, I dont even want to think about seeing them race on the Indy Circuit. Champcar 2003 anyone?
Old 14 Jan 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1815100)   #4
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*Deleted*

Just noticed I am repeating what Suze has just said!

Last edited by dazbaz_99; 14 Jan 2007 at 19:16.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:01 (Ref:1815203)   #5
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys... I'm probably worrying about nothing here. Just odd that the FIA went to the trouble of adding the "Indy" designation, when there was never any suggestion I heard of that A1GP would change from the GP layout. Now if only the DTM meeting would be on the GP circuit too (especially for the F3 Euro Series... last year's races were incredibly dull).
Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1815233)   #6
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im getting there extra early to get m space at paddock bend to watch the race any idea of the support races yet
Old 14 Jan 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1815252)   #7
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be too concerned about the content of the FIA calander; there are a number of errors on it. For instance, according to the FIA the BTCC will be racing on the International circuit at Silverstone on the weekend of 21/22 April, when in relality, they'll be at Rockingham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
im getting there extra early to get m space at paddock bend to watch the race any idea of the support races yet
As far as I know there will be Formula Palmer Audi (unsurprisingly), Britcar, Heritage GTs, Sports 2000 and Ginettas.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 23:28 (Ref:1815316)   #8
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
Thanks guys... I'm probably worrying about nothing here. Just odd that the FIA went to the trouble of adding the "Indy" designation, when there was never any suggestion I heard of that A1GP would change from the GP layout. Now if only the DTM meeting would be on the GP circuit too (especially for the F3 Euro Series... last year's races were incredibly dull).
i belive it was actually the dtm promoters who req the indy, not msv!
Old 15 Jan 2007, 07:55 (Ref:1815514)   #9
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I say run it on the Indy, keep them nice and close.

Champcar in 2003 was quite good because you could see everything from almost anywhere. Nothing worse than a 10 lap race followed by a 60 lap proccession.

I wouldn't even be as intrested in DTM if it ran on the International either.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1815526)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
You are correct, it was DTM who requested the Indy Circuit.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1815527)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
You are correct, it was DTM who requested the Indy Circuit.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 13:23 (Ref:1816509)   #12
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood
I say run it on the Indy, keep them nice and close.

Champcar in 2003 was quite good because you could see everything from almost anywhere. Nothing worse than a 10 lap race followed by a 60 lap proccession.

I wouldn't even be as intrested in DTM if it ran on the International either.
I certainly agree the Indy circuit is great from a spectating point of view - easy views of the whole circuit, and the field passing you by almost constantly. But "slicks n' wings" single seater races on the Indy circuit are almost always overtaking-free processions, judging from the various meetings I've attended (Brit F3, Euro F3, FPA etc). Then again, last year's A1GP races on the GP circuit didn't provide much actual racing either. But going to watch on the GP loop is like going back in time, there's a real sense of atmosphere and history out there. The lack of PA and facilities makes it almost magical. The Indy circuit seems neutered in comparison. I'm glad the A1GP machines aren't confined to it.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 00:09 (Ref:1817084)   #13
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I see from new calendar at the Formula Ford site that UK FF will be on the support package at the A1GP meeting.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1817536)   #14
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do you know what else is on there Jon?
Old 18 Jan 2007, 00:01 (Ref:1818049)   #15
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I'd already heard about FPA, Heritage GT and Britcar, and thanks to kipper earlier, Sports 2000 and Ginettas. Shame there's no Thoroughbred GP there this time, but the support package seems a decent enough mix nonetheless.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1818206)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I believe TGP's are at Brands later in the year.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1828078)   #17
lovebritF3
Rookie

England
lovebritF3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FF is one of the supports, so is the BF3 isnt it?
Old 29 Jan 2007, 01:36 (Ref:1828253)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
No, it was on the original bill, when the meeting was going to start this season, but dropped off when it was moved to the end of the season.

Shame, really, but BF3 wiill be at Brands in August on the GP circuit.

Like the username!