Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the International Sports Car Weekend at COTA?
Yes 21 31.34%
No 45 67.16%
Maybe so 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Sep 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3302305)   #26
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Not going I decided it wasn't worth it. Next year I will plan this trip. Two reasons- there will be new lmp1 cars next year and that means Porsche Rebellion maybe Hpd a new Toyota(s) in the lmp1 fight. The other reason is my brother can't go this year and I need someone I know to go with me.
Shame... I was looking forward to joining in on some Toyota propaganda and Audi-quashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think it's fair to say that there are going to be a LOT of meetings held in the paddock during this race weekend.
#findbeetle

And BullMan - while at the track, we can "discuss" our differences.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3302380)   #27
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I dont have the funds for both of us. He isn't in the greatest of situations financially either.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3302387)   #28
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I dont have the funds for both of us. He isn't in the greatest of situations financially either.
I'm sorry to hear that! I wish the both of you the best of luck.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3302389)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Were good. Just not good enough for luxuries like this. But next year should be a different story.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3302391)   #30
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Q & A with Tracy Krohn

Quote:
Were good. Just not good enough for luxuries like this. But next year should be a different story.
If it wasn't for my Dad, I'd have to walk to COTA.

From the FIA WEC website...

Quote:
Only one Texan will be among the FIA World Endurance Championship drivers lining up for the 6 Hours of The Circuit of The Americas – Tracy Krohn.

As owner/driver for the No.57 Krohn Racing Ferrari 458 Italia, the tall Houston-based driver can’t wait to race his LMGTE Am car at his ‘home’ circuit, alongside long-time driving partner Nic Jönsson, and Maurizio Mediani. The Chairman and CEO of W&T Offshore Inc., an oil and gas exploration and production company headquartered in Houston, Tracy also drove his Ford Krohn Racing Daytona Prototype at The Circuit of the Americas in March’s Grand-Am race.

Krohn Racing finished 3rd in the LMGTE Am championship in 2012, with five podium finishes - one second place and four third place finishes. The trio is hoping that its track knowledge will be invaluable in helping it towards its first class victory of 2013!

1. What will be the best thing about racing in Austin? “The best thing about racing in Austin is that it is in Austin which is really the hometown track for me; it's about a 25 minute flight from Houston and the logistics are just a lot easier! The track is very modern and well designed and presents both high and low risk passing zones.”

2. You are one of the WEC few drivers who have competed at Austin already, tell us a little about the circuit and what you like about it. “First, it is a very physical track. Second, it is most likely to be very hot for the race. With multiple classes, the heat, and the physicality of the track, driver "focus" will be a huge issue, particularly in GT classes as there will be some turns and transitions where it will be hard to get even a very quick look in the mirrors! With all of these factors, and the fact as stated above regarding high and low risk passing zones, there will likely be a good bit of carnage.”

3. Of the remaining four races, which track are you most looking forward to racing at in the WEC? “They are all so different and present such different challenges that I really look forward to all of them! Austin is a very new track with some elevation change and other challenges as I outlined previously. Fuji is an older and narrower track with huge elevation change and very technical especially in the wet, as is often the case. Shanghai is a modern era track that is relatively flat with long straightaways and hard braking zones and some very technical medium to high speed turns. Finally, Bahrain has some moderate elevation change, blind turns, varying conditions due to windblown sand, heat and humidity and again some moderate to hard braking zones that tend to occur with the car loaded to one side or the other. They are all really fun and, of course, we also look forward to seeing the fans in all of these local and exotic locations.”

Fiona Miller (quotes from Krohn Racing)
Interesting that he suggests COTA is a "physical" track. Obviously his opinion takes priority over mine, given I haven't ever raced on COTA (yet! USKGP kart race coming up), but the track itself is really quite the smoothest in all of North America and there are several places (start/finish straight and back straight between turns 11 and 12 are the big ones) to rest. Also, the track is incredibly wide so it won't hurt to use a bit of the runoff every now and again. Many of the turns are tight, yes, but Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock, VIR, Sebring (the bumps + length of race), Long Beach are all a lot more demanding, at least from what I can see.

Last edited by Beetle; 11 Sep 2013 at 21:22. Reason: Q & A w/ Tracy Krohn
Old 11 Sep 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3302408)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
Physical maybe in the terms of cornering? Like the esses look tough on the body with those direction changes.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3302417)   #32
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I almost opted for the Le Mans Spirit Club but it was a wee bit too expensive. That means I'll be wandering around the circuit, most likely staking my claim around Turns 6-10 area. The Stadium Section is too busy for my liking...
Trust me, if it hadn't been complimentary I would not be getting it!
Old 11 Sep 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3302427)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DHH is going to be competing in both races. In WEC with his usual OAK ride and then in the ALMS in the RSR PC car with Junqueira.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3302613)   #34
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ayse--Indeed, ticket prices are fantastic, and for nine hours of the best racing int he world, I'd pay a lot more. Flights, hotels, and car rentals, while none are extreme in themselves, all add up to too much for my budget right now... hard to explain to the wife I am draining the general fund to go on vacation without her.

Re--Texans behind the wheel--Interesting that someone considers Tracy Krohn a driver. (Kind of surprised the unions aren't after him fro working as a non-union excavator operator.) ( )

Hopefully USCR will keep this paring on the calendar as a regular thing, because if I start saving now 2014 might be an option (and if I go to fewer other events between now and then.

But I am definitely in not any way complaining about the cost. No price-gouging (except maybe hotel rates) going on here.

Last edited by Maelochs; 12 Sep 2013 at 10:00.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3302862)   #35
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Ayse--Indeed, ticket prices are fantastic, and for nine hours of the best racing int he world, I'd pay a lot more. Flights, hotels, and car rentals, while none are extreme in themselves, all add up to too much for my budget right now... hard to explain to the wife I am draining the general fund to go on vacation without her.

Re--Texans behind the wheel--Interesting that someone considers Tracy Krohn a driver. (Kind of surprised the unions aren't after him fro working as a non-union excavator operator.) ( )

Hopefully USCR will keep this paring on the calendar as a regular thing, because if I start saving now 2014 might be an option (and if I go to fewer other events between now and then.

But I am definitely in not any way complaining about the cost. No price-gouging (except maybe hotel rates) going on here.
$80 for that ticket is amazing. It's $80 just for a 2-day ticket to VIR! They must be charging that much to raise money for research into a way to bring back dead trees.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3302888)   #36
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
DHH is going to be competing in both races. In WEC with his usual OAK ride and then in the ALMS in the RSR PC car with Junqueira.
DHH and Junqueira... that's our PC class winner settled.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3302992)   #37
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
DHH and Junqueira... that's our PC class winner settled.
Ahem.... Dalziel and Popow.

They've both raced there in a DP.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3303012)   #38
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
ATTENTION!

I have decided to scratch the "Find Beetle" attribute listed in the OP. There are a few members who are attending the International Sports Car Weekend who I am not on good terms with and given the absurdity of some of their opinions (in my eyes, mind you), I'm not keen on having them follow me around. Just wanted to let you guys know - I'd love to meet more of you but I've decided it just isn't practical for me to have this be a group. So PM me for an impromptu 10 Tenths meeting at a private location - a few may be declined given reasons stated above.

Thank you.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3303016)   #39
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ATTENTION!

I have decided to scratch the "Find Beetle" attribute listed in the OP. There are a few members who are attending the International Sports Car Weekend who I am not on good terms with and given the absurdity of some of their opinions (in my eyes, mind you), I'm not keen on having them follow me around. Just wanted to let you guys know - I'd love to meet more of you but I've decided it just isn't practical for me to have this be a group. So PM me for an impromptu 10 Tenths meeting at a private location - a few may be declined given reasons stated above.

Thank you.
I don't think anyone cares the least bit about following you anywhere. I couldn't imagine someone spending time stalking someone else instead of watching the race they paid to attend.

Last edited by BullMan; 12 Sep 2013 at 22:16.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3303020)   #40
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
I don't think anyone cares the least bit about following you anywhere. I couldn't imagine spending time stalking someone instead of watching the race they paid to attend.
Yeah I did realize later that "Find Beetle" sounds a bit narcissistic! Yes, I'd like to clarify: the original concept wasn't about me - it was about hosting a 10 Tenths meeting. My embarrassment heightens...

Anyways, a weather update! If you are indeed flying or driving into Austin on Tuesday, Wednesday, OR Thursday chances are you could be facing a bit of rain. So expect delayed flights and blocked highways on at least on of those days.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3303084)   #41
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah I did realize later that "Find Beetle" sounds a bit narcissistic! Yes, I'd like to clarify: the original concept wasn't about me - it was about hosting a 10 Tenths meeting. My embarrassment heightens...

Anyways, a weather update! If you are indeed flying or driving into Austin on Tuesday, Wednesday, OR Thursday chances are you could be facing a bit of rain. So expect delayed flights and blocked highways on at least on of those days.
...and then again, since most weather people can't accurately predict the weather for the next 24h, let alone 10 days...

Here in Southern California, we're running through our second week of this daily comment, "... just three more days of this heat..."

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3303429)   #42
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Driver switch up for CORE, starting at COTA..

http://sportscar365.net/alms/core-sh...-for-cota-vir/

L.P.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3303459)   #43
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Driver switch up for CORE, starting at COTA..

http://sportscar365.net/alms/core-sh...-for-cota-vir/
I wonder if everyone here will howl for Bennett's head like they do for Scott Tucker's.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3303469)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Depends on what you think is more important for Colin Braun I suppose.

Winning a PC championship against mostly AM guys or getting an outing in a pukka GT car. Not that he hasn't had GT outings before - but you can look at it both ways.

But it's kind of interesting Bennett would rather HE won the title than his race team. He could end up coming away with nothing.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3303887)   #45
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very excited to be going! Slight problem though...

Has anyone else purchased the 3-day parking pass with their tickets? I ordered both but it seems only the parking passes arrived in the mail yesterday. Do they ship these to you separately?

Thanks in advance for the help, and hope to see you there fellow Tenthers!
Old 14 Sep 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3303909)   #46
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post

Has anyone else purchased the 3-day parking pass with their tickets? I ordered both but it seems only the parking passes arrived in the mail yesterday. Do they ship these to you separately?

Yeah. Guess you didn't get the email from the track explaining that incorrect parking passes were sent with tickets, and that the correct parking passes would
sent under seperate cover. My tickets came about three weeks ago, and hanging parking passes via FedEx about a week ago.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 14 Sep 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3303921)   #47
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Yeah, they're separate. The tickets come from Ticketmaster, the parking passes from COTA.

The tickets came about 3 days after I ordered, the parking passes came 3 weeks later (yesterday).
Old 14 Sep 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3303925)   #48
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Yeah. Guess you didn't get the email from the track explaining that incorrect parking passes were sent with tickets, and that the correct parking passes would
sent under seperate cover. My tickets came about three weeks ago, and hanging parking passes via FedEx about a week ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
Yeah, they're separate. The tickets come from Ticketmaster, the parking passes from COTA.

The tickets came about 3 days after I ordered, the parking passes came 3 weeks later (yesterday).
@Breitling: It's possible - I ordered my tickets on the 5th, maybe later than other people.

@Cuttlefish: What timing! My parking passes arrived yesterday too.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I'll just wait for these tickets to get here then!
Old 14 Sep 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3303926)   #49
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
@Breitling: It's possible - I ordered my tickets on the 5th, maybe later than other people.

@Cuttlefish: What timing! My parking passes arrived yesterday too.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I'll just wait for these tickets to get here then!
Looking forward to seeing you this upcoming weekend!
Old 15 Sep 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3304071)   #50
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know if they broadcast the race on FM locally at the track? Since it has been a while since I've been to a race that RLM broadcasted (last one would have been Le Mans but that was FM) does anyone know their current frequency?