Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3074469)   #1
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Place de la République will host scrutineering

The scrutineering will take place on The Place de la République because of the works for the second tram' s line. For those who will be there , you'll have to be careful of the parking places that are not so numerous in the center. You can park on la Place des Jacobins. Pictures of the works on this place to come.
http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...ing-_7063.html
Old 14 May 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3074483)   #2
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Good for Car parking , bad Luck for the Bars and Restaurants aroud Place Jacobins . But the best Thing is we d'ont have to use this killing Stone Stairs .
Old 14 May 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3074489)   #3
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Good for Car parking , bad Luck for the Bars and Restaurants aroud Place Jacobins . But the best Thing is we d'ont have to use this killing Stone Stairs .

What about killing stone stairs? Do you feel old?
Old 14 May 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3074498)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the info Eric - will James and I see you there?
Old 14 May 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3074507)   #5
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Of course
Old 14 May 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3074518)   #6
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
What about killing stone stairs? Do you feel old?
Yes , when I see this Stairs , I feel old .

http://www.imagesup.de/bild-imgjpg-118162.htm
Old 14 May 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3074584)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I know what you mean Walter!

Absolute killers!
Old 15 May 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3074702)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Parking......

What are the parking regulations on a Sunday, in the centre of Le Mans?

Where is the best place to park on the Monday?
Old 15 May 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3074836)   #9
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Car park at Universite and than with the Tram to Place de la Republique .
Old 15 May 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3074925)   #10
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Parking......

What are the parking regulations on a Sunday, in the centre of Le Mans?

Where is the best place to park on the Monday?
Where to park ?
Despite the works for the tram, you can still park at La Place des Jacobins ( less places than usually) where the scrutineering stood last year. You can park along the river down the center, Car park at University is a good idea. Remember that parking is free on Sunday but on Monday you have to pay in the center.
Old 17 May 2012, 12:37 (Ref:3075693)   #11
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
La place des Jacobins today :
2 small videos:
http://youtu.be/wMT44gju4jQ
http://youtu.be/6hoAG_pq2J8
Old 17 May 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3075695)   #12
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
When you click on the links, youtube says something went wrong and videos are not showing. Just press refresh/F5 and it works.

Edit: please ignore my rather silly remark.

Last edited by vincegail; 17 May 2012 at 13:17.
Old 17 May 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3075703)   #13
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Sorry, try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoAG_pq2J8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMT44gju4jQ
Old 24 May 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3078710)   #14
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Timetable of scrutineering:
http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...-mans-2012.pdf
Old 17 Jan 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3703230)   #15
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I did some searching and was surprised to find that there really haven't been too many discussions related solely to scrutineering.

Alas, we're still roughly 150 days away, however my mind can't help but daydream and look forward to the middle of June. In that spirit I'm always trying to plan ahead to make the most of my time there, while also driving myself crazy with anticipation.

Now then, I feel like after three previous trips I have a pretty good grasp of what to do at the circuit for race week. However, I've only done scrutineering the one time, and I felt like I could have gotten more out of it.

I was hoping those who make a habit of scrutineering could fill me in on some suggestions and tips. Where do you situate yourself mostly? What do you get out of it? What are the dos and the don'ts?

I got there late the first day and ended up on the corner of the plaza, just before the queue for the cars splits in two. A plus was that I got to see the cars both coming in and then going back out. The negative was that it felt like other than that there wasn't a whole lot going on.

On day two I got there early and ended up on the fence line where the cars and drivers are lined up for the team photos. This was much more enjoyable, however I realized that if I wanted to stay at this spot I needed to stay at it and not give it up, otherwise someone else would snag it. That wasn't then conducive to enjoying anything else or getting any other experience.

So, what can you all who have done this more suggest? Is there a secret, relaxed area where you can see more of the cars and drivers without the crush of people and where it's easier to come and go? Should I be wherever the cars are unloaded (I never figured out where that was), or is there a place where all the drivers end up at and hang out?

Again, just trying to maximize the experience next time.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3703429)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Personally, we spend very little time in the main 'scrum' of the scrutineering area (although perhaps a little more time last year as, due to the weather, the crowds were smaller). We hang around in the adjoining road where the cars arrive on flatbeds and in trucks. There is something rather exciting about seeing the cars 'unveiled' and wheeled into (and then again out of) the scrutineering area. You can get some good close up looks at the cars because a lot of people think the only place to be is where everyone else is......

If you check out my recent stories ('16 isn't done yet), you can see what we got up to.....
Old 22 Jan 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3704220)   #17
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I use Sunday just to soak up the atmosphere and relax after a long drive. Monay in my opinion is the best day to enjoy the details. On monday most of the locals are at work and it usualy is less crowded. Scruteneering is not only about cars, also check out the beautiful city and take a Coffee on a terrace. Be sure to hang out where the drivers enter and talk to them (some are willing) for sure see the unloading area and get extremely close to the cars while the technicians check the cars. If you are a ACO member, get the free tour in the inner area.