Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3721953)   #1051
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Should really have been PITA pain in the arse.
I then asked for her address so I could send her a sense of humour pill.
I've since left the group.
Seems you have a knack for upsetting people Tim, I'm still recovering from your wheelie bin crack.
Old 30 Mar 2017, 12:44 (Ref:3722593)   #1052
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Interesting to see this, complete with the "miniature" camera and sound recording gear of the day !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpRFagIbcPE
Bob that wasn't you on the push bike was it ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Mar 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3722621)   #1053
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame Duke Video didn't bother to check the spelling of Mike Hawthorn's name.
Old 30 Mar 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3722625)   #1054
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Interesting to see this, complete with the "miniature" camera and sound recording gear of the day !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpRFagIbcPE
Bob that wasn't you on the push bike was it ?
Gordon, a cyclist never had a 'push bike', only blokes on bikes had them.

What were those funny tall things covered in leaves that lined the road?
Looked rather dangerous. Oh! Yes, back in 1955 we called them trees.
Old 30 Mar 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3722639)   #1055
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Gordon! Did you see the size of the battery? I guess they had to test the trunk volume with the ACO metal suite case.
Oui, ami Robert those trees proved to be really dangerous. And the sand bankings trapped many cars. Those were the days. Today was la "sainte Amédée… "

Last edited by Gerard C; 30 Mar 2017 at 17:51. Reason: Amédée !
Old 30 Mar 2017, 22:08 (Ref:3722668)   #1056
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was Mr. Hawthorn wearing an early version of a HANS device with the microphone attached?
Old 30 Mar 2017, 22:21 (Ref:3722670)   #1057
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Was Mr. Hawthorn wearing an early version of a HANS device with the microphone attached?
I wonder what they would think of the Lavalier microphones and the quality action cameras that we use today.
I have used most types of movie cameras and sound recording devices over the years and pound for pound I find todays gear is amazing !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Mar 2017, 06:10 (Ref:3722706)   #1058
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I always boggle when top TV types turn up with their professional quality equipment - a couple of Go Pros! To think that we all go out and buy the same equipment as the industry standard for just a few quid shows how consumer electronics have progressed.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 31 Mar 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3722725)   #1059
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I always boggle when top TV types turn up with their professional quality equipment - a couple of Go Pros! To think that we all go out and buy the same equipment as the industry standard for just a few quid shows how consumer electronics have progressed.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Agreed Max, although I do have some good video/audio recording gear I often use a GoPro as I did in this video for our local beach venue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9e617hWUbI&t=23s
Old 31 Mar 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3722734)   #1060
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sound recorders.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	49352I still have this reel to reel tape recorder that I used for years compared to what I use now underneath !
Old 31 Mar 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3722771)   #1061
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Akai client then Gordon? You can't imagine how many Teac/Tascam R2000 we sold to the radios in the '90s. They did like it because it was affordable, reliable and auto reverse… Good for all night playing without any human intervention!
Old 31 Mar 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3722773)   #1062
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...I always hankered after a Revox B77
Old 31 Mar 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3722774)   #1063
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Indeed Alan, Revox was THE thing. We challenged that with very agressive prices, not with quality. We had a very efficient and almost free after sales service for the pros too.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 14:54 (Ref:3722806)   #1064
bauble
Veteran

England
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVMFwUhxx9o
For comparison, Gordon.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 16:15 (Ref:3722816)   #1065
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Where is the cyclist of the hunaudières ? No more Frégate either…
Old 31 Mar 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3722893)   #1066
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Although I still have my 3 Akai reel to reel recorders I sold my two S8 sound movie cameras on ebay last year as they were just taking up space.
I have mentioned on 10/10ths in the past regarding what to do with all our old photographic gear that cost a small fortune all those years back and still have several lenses and bodies that are not worth trying to sell but I can't "throw" them away, no doubt I am not alone though !
Old 31 Mar 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3722916)   #1067
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regrettably sold my Revox to a mate 40 years ago ( bought from Sound Exchange in Penge I think, £125) to fund an expensive girlfriend but still have the Akai and loads of unlistenable 70's prog rock on tape.

Also have my dad's Zenith A on which all our childhood photos were taken (and a mahogany & brass plate camera which his father made a generation before that). How can you part with these things, however useless they are today?

Oh, and 2 Kodak Super 8 projectors (one unused), a Zeiss epidiascope, Eumig slide projector............
Old 1 Apr 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3722942)   #1068
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Regrettably sold my Revox… to fund an expensive girlfriend but still have the Akai…
C'on Colin dont need to tell this girl's name but I met her for sure. Here are some news: when she was young her needs have been increasing at the point I had to sell my Porsche to fund her!
Then getting both older I felt I didn't need her much while she was less attractive to others' eyes. So I sold Bob's old shoes to fund her one way ticket to Hell! And I still have the Porsche Voxon 8 track system!
Old 1 Apr 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3722984)   #1069
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
And I still have the Porsche Voxon 8 track system!
Two days ago a guy came into my workshop with an old Jag that still had an 8 track player in it, he was amazed when I gave him about 20 tapes that had been kicking about for years !
Old 1 Apr 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3722989)   #1070
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gordon you made a happy guy. Probably he will show up again when one of the tape will all be inside the player… That is called period correct!
When we were young, the best gift we could receive on the occasion of first Holy Communion was either a Waterman pencil or a Kodak Brownie flash camera! Who would use one of these to take a picture now? They all use their phone!
Old 1 Apr 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3722991)   #1071
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
"Jean" may be you heard some noise a while ago…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ydv9Ef-99I
Le "vent" vient d'Angleterre, mes amis!
Old 1 Apr 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3723021)   #1072
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Two days ago a guy came into my workshop with an old Jag that still had an 8 track player in it, he was amazed when I gave him about 20 tapes that had been kicking about for years !
I still have a couple of 8 track players and a box full of tapes in the loft. I also have an LPL enlarger which cost me £300 about 30 years ago, now going for about £15 on ebay
Old 1 Apr 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3723071)   #1073
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
"Jean" may be you heard some noise a while ago…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ydv9Ef-99I
Le "vent" vient d'Angleterre, mes amis!
What can I say? I can only apologise, Gerard.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3723081)   #1074
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho no John, its so much funny and rather typical too. Had a great laugh watching this. Where on earth can this be done…
Old 1 Apr 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3723134)   #1075
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ho no John, its so much funny and rather typical too. Had a great laugh watching this. Where on earth can this be done…

I thought it was bad manners - they really should have directed it at the Spanish!

Somehting that might amuse you, Gerard. As you will know, this part of the world suffered at the hands of the Spanish about 500 years ago. However, the Ch'ti's have long memories.

As an example, the first strawberries of the season have arrived in my local Carrefour. There are two varieties, one Spanish & one French. The Spanish ones are about half the price of the French, but I noticed this afternoon the French variety has completely sold out whilst there was still a full box of the Spanish. Same thing happens every year... Admittedly the Spanish strawberries are tasteless & mushy, as you would expect.
Closed Thread