Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 10 Dec 2002, 23:00 (Ref:447317)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
No Freedom of Speech Issue

This issue has regularly come up for discussion, and often as a complaint from disgruntled members.
Well, this mornings AUSTRALIAN broadsheet reports that Joseph Gutnick has succeeded in having his internet defamation case against America Media Giant Dow Jones to be heard in Australia over material published on its US based website.
Other huge internet giants like CNN, The new York Times, Washington Post, The Guardian, Yahoo, and so on were also hugely interested because any material published in the US and considered defamatory can be prosecuted in Australia where it can be downloaded.
Now some of you may wonder why I posted this thread here. First of all, on behalf of all those who complained there is no freedom of speech here, I just want to explain the ramifications if we post stuff here which can be defamatory.
Secondly, sometimes I get rather carried away, as do many of my friends in our discussions, and we start insulting various personalities associated with F1, of which I fully admit my guilt.
I think we had better consider more carefully what we post in this forum in future, before we hit the submit button.
As for my stuff, if any moderators feel that I have gone too far, (yes!! including my friend AMoffat), please delete the offending passages and just PM me to let me know. I would welcome that practice.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 23:04 (Ref:447320)   #2
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well said, VB