Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3788998)   #276
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The Clios and the Gin Juniors are great, the rest? Not so much. Also how is it “full”? They used to have at least another whole series because when I started going they had FRenault, Clios, Ford Credit Fiesta, Vectra V6 SRi, Formula Ford, Formula Vauxhall. I make that 6 support series. Now they have Clios, Formula 4?, Gin Juniors, Gin GT. Forgive me if I’ve miscounted but that’s 4 series. So what’s the issue? Space in the paddock?
Also the Porsches. And there's certainly not much elbow room in the paddock at Knockhill.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:13 (Ref:3789002)   #277
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know there will be all sorts of issues with this, but I'd drop the Porsches from the BTCC support bill. The racing isn't that good, they're too long compared to the rest of the series, and they don't fit the BTCC feel. I'd rather have Porsches with British GT, since they're more relevant there.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3789006)   #278
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I know there will be all sorts of issues with this, but I'd drop the Porsches from the BTCC support bill. The racing isn't that good, they're too long compared to the rest of the series, and they don't fit the BTCC feel. I'd rather have Porsches with British GT, since they're more relevant there.
I've absolutely loved the Cammish/Eastwood/Zamparelli battles of the last two seasons to be fair to the PCCGB. Three of the best drivers on the support bill.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3789008)   #279
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Oh yea, I forgot Porsches.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3789013)   #280
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it can be exciting at times, when you have 3 or 4 good porsche drivers in the series
Old 24 Dec 2017, 16:34 (Ref:3789027)   #281
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The Clios and the Gin Juniors are great, the rest? Not so much. Also how is it “full”? They used to have at least another whole series because when I started going they had FRenault, Clios, Ford Credit Fiesta, Vectra V6 SRi, Formula Ford, Formula Vauxhall. I make that 6 support series. Now they have Clios, Formula 4?, Gin Juniors, Gin GT. Forgive me if I’ve miscounted but that’s 4 series. So what’s the issue? Space in the paddock?
ICS Historic Touring Cars! My favourite.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3789057)   #282
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Hospitalty tents are bigger now. BTCC included. And LNT can write big cheques.
Old 25 Dec 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3789106)   #283
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Hospitalty tents are bigger now. BTCC included. And LNT can write big cheques.
not just hospitality, you have so much in the way of support vehicles, motorhomes, rv's etc. Plus a 32 car btcc means 30+ artics alone for btcc.

At knockhill paddock 4 has been built to try and get everyone in
Old 25 Dec 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3789115)   #284
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I remember proper GT cars back in the early 2000's being on the bill. Hour long race as the last race of the meeting.

Nothing quite like the noise out of the back of Vipers, Saleens and Ferraris. 😀 Was a nice contrast to the much shorter races that preceeded; having said that I am talking the days of the BTCC sprint and feature races: I preferred that format to todays three short races.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 11:21 (Ref:3789423)   #285
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Porsche are no mugs, they actually want there to be crowds and TV coverage.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3789474)   #286
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Porsche are no mugs, they actually want there to be crowds and TV coverage.
And no doubt they pay to have the series there. There will be lots more reasons why my idea is a bad idea, it's just my opinion that the Porsches don't really fit - races are too long, the cars are faster than the main show, and outside of a few battles they are largely not entertaining. I'd much prefer a TCR support race.

I expect absolutely nobody to agree with me, and I know the reasons aren't that logical, just my opinion.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3789480)   #287
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he who pays the piper gets to call the tune
Old 29 Dec 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3789664)   #288
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And no doubt they pay to have the series there. There will be lots more reasons why my idea is a bad idea, it's just my opinion that the Porsches don't really fit - races are too long, the cars are faster than the main show, and outside of a few battles they are largely not entertaining. I'd much prefer a TCR support race.

I expect absolutely nobody to agree with me, and I know the reasons aren't that logical, just my opinion.
Your reasons have no logic whatsoever.

Oh, hang on, that's not the disagreement you were expecting. As you were
Old 8 Jan 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3791413)   #289
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be at the Autosport International Show this weekend, so let us know if you'd like to schedule a meeting with us on either Thursday or Friday. There'll be a number of TCR cars on display and we plan to make a couple of announcements too...
Old 10 Jan 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3791686)   #290
Tracsmart
Rookie

Tracsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any news at all on the UK series? It seems to have gone very silent with no bulletins either from the organisers or BRSCC.
Anyone know if there have been any entries to date or are we to wait for an announcement at the Autosport show?
Old 10 Jan 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3791687)   #291
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracsmart View Post
Is there any news at all on the UK series? It seems to have gone very silent with no bulletins either from the organisers or BRSCC.
Anyone know if there have been any entries to date or are we to wait for an announcement at the Autosport show?
Go back to page 17.
Old 10 Jan 2018, 13:11 (Ref:3791722)   #292
ahobson98
Rookie

ahobson98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that there will be some announcements at the Autosport show.
Old 10 Jan 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3791836)   #293
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR UK is saved! They finally have the last thing they needed. An official (yes, official) suspension partner (not even supplier) https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018/01/10/tcr-uk-series-confirms-ohlins-suspension-partner-debut-season/

I'm sure more important news will come out but who needs a suspension partner. Does any other championship around the world have a suspension partner?

Apologies to Öhlins. They'll probably do a great job
Old 10 Jan 2018, 21:38 (Ref:3791842)   #294
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News about a tyre deal will also be announced at Autosport.
Old 10 Jan 2018, 22:44 (Ref:3791859)   #295
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already has been, Yokohama
Old 11 Jan 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3791969)   #296
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So I'll wait to hear any more driver announcements in the meantime
Old 11 Jan 2018, 13:06 (Ref:3792008)   #297
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Glad to hear there is *some* news appearing finally.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3792055)   #298
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest the support series can be dull with the exception of the Ginetta Juniors who always give a good show. I would drop the big Ginettas or Porsches as you could probably count any good races from last season on one hand.

Remember when Knockhill used to get a guest series in to fill a gap in the program? (usually one of the domestic circuit series) it was fresh to see other cars. Another one make championship is same old and would have ramifications with any existing manufacturer deal. So why not guest in a well supported multi marque championship? Ok so the quality in depth might not be there on the driver front but jo public cant tell if a car is off its natural pace, as long as its dicing with another.

There are plenty of good Historic/Classic championships out there.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 00:41 (Ref:3792163)   #299
danbrigham
Rookie

danbrigham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really can't wait for this series to kick in. I don't believe it will step on the BTCC's toes too much though.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3792269)   #300
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well there were plenty of TCR cars at the Autosport show - a couple did look to be 'confirmed' with drivers names in windows etc but there were a lot with a 'drive available' look about them too.