Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 9 Mar 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3216481)   #26
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From Auckland: We currently have both Sunday papers.

The Star Times had a small piece about the ST practice placings.

The Herald - nil.

Tier One at Taupo - nil in both papers.
Old 9 Mar 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3216519)   #27
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a lot of drama in race one..... Will be sure to tune in this arvo.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3216559)   #28
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sorry for Pederson right now...poor buggar.

But good on Tasman snatching a win. And Andre on the podium.

She's a hard one to predict this series thats for sure.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 06:06 (Ref:3216585)   #29
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought that it was a boring processional affair if you took the few incidents out of the equation. suitably chuffed that i didn't waste a Sunday watching live now, as i had intended being at Ruapuna to see what the fuss was about.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3216710)   #30
M Jones
Rookie

M Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 10 Mar 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3216727)   #31
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to this morning's Herald, Daniel Gaunt did very well at TAUPO...
Old 10 Mar 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3216758)   #32
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
i thought that it was a boring processional affair if you took the few incidents out of the equation. suitably chuffed that i didn't waste a Sunday watching live now, as i had intended being at Ruapuna to see what the fuss was about.
I only got to watch Race 1, but was very happy with the 15minutes invested.... With 90% of the field being within a second of each other in Qualifying the starts are always going to be exciting and there was a great battle for the lead, which ultimately ended in drama....

Not a massive amount of passing, agreed. But the race was certainly not free from entertainment.... and a hell of a lot better than what's on offer in the alternative.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3216761)   #33
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There is always plenty of overtaking at Pukekohe and Hampton Downs with this class, so I guess it comes down to the circuit if there is not much passing - Taupo also doesn't have a lot of opportunity for cars that are close in pace.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3216783)   #34
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
To me the racing seemed very similar to R2 last year, just with different drivers on the podium.

i.e. one car dominated the round (last year was Coulthard, this year was Gaunt (although he was in Taupo from what i read on here!!), and then in race three someone else won it.

By crikey it was dusty though wasn't it? this drought is just terrible.

Anyone know the crowd numbers for Ruapuna and Taupo?
Old 10 Mar 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3216798)   #35
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does anyone know why Eddie Bell didn't start any of the races? It's his home circuit, so bet he was depressed about that.

Also of the other cars missing from Race One startline; I assume the other International Motorsport car was back in the workshop in Auckland, but another car is missing from the grid???

Lastly; why were they all stopping due to lack of power??Think I counted 5 seperate cars with the same problem.

Was so much dust I thought finally the rally season had started!
Old 11 Mar 2013, 00:38 (Ref:3216845)   #36
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite the worst coverage of motorsport I have ever seen in the Herald. Clearly the 'motorsport editor' was not at either event. Shame on him, doing the sport in this country a total dis-service and I defy anyone to argue the case against that...!
Old 11 Mar 2013, 01:35 (Ref:3216851)   #37
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Agree 100% club racer.

The mainstream media just don't care unless it involves fully grown men in shorts throwing an odd shaped ball around.

Maybe ST should make a rugby team.

Mitch Cunningham definately hooker for sure, or a prop

SVG or Pederson as lock

Murph at half back

Young Andre on the wing

And thats about all i know about rugby. It would sure make the news though
Old 11 Mar 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3216852)   #38
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Does anyone know why Eddie Bell didn't start any of the races? It's his home circuit, so bet he was depressed about that.

Also of the other cars missing from Race One startline; I assume the other International Motorsport car was back in the workshop in Auckland, but another car is missing from the grid???

Lastly; why were they all stopping due to lack of power??Think I counted 5 seperate cars with the same problem.

Was so much dust I thought finally the rally season had started!
Eddie's engine was sad all weekend, as you can tell from Qualy where he was 1.8 off the pole time. Top speed was nearly 15km/h down at the end of the straight. Poor bugger, be great to see Lady Luck give him a break as he's definitely got the speed to run up front.

I think he was the only one missing from R1? Simon Mclennan was missing in R3 (Gearbox went capoot)

Hopefully we get to see the second International car at some stage. I see that Ant's car got another livery change for the weekend, but still no one wanting to be on the doors.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 01:54 (Ref:3216858)   #39
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When's the Ninkranz (gotta check the spelling of that lol) Commodore going to be ready?

I quite enjoyed the race weekend - particularly the first two races. Looking forward to attending Pukekohe
Old 11 Mar 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3217082)   #40
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=raymond;3216798]Does anyone know why Eddie Bell didn't start any of the races? It's his home circuit, so bet he was depressed about that.

Sounds like 5 Different Problems from the Person I spoke with....
Old 13 Mar 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3218012)   #41
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=nistfan;3217082]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post

Sounds like 5 Different Problems from the Person I spoke with....

The buckets of dust each was ingesting perhaps?
Old 14 Mar 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3218364)   #42
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone elaborate on who (V8ST or MSNZ) dished out time and monetary penalties to 3 drivers over the weekend for going to fast in the media rides. A time of 1.27 was given and you couldnt go any quicker. One person went 1/100 faster the other two a bit quicker. Seems like a MSNZ thing to do from the past. This might shoot someone in the foot as you may well have to hold a stopwatch in your hand while doing a lap as Im sure there is no time on the dash or you flog around with the pit lane limiter on while giving compulsory rides to V8ST guests. Either way it seems a bit strange and to be fined and have points deducted from an unofficial part of the meeting. On that note I have another similar post in another thread from Taupo.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3218398)   #43
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a V8ST rule on time, MSNZ also have a rule regarding driving on hot laps but it is not time dependant.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3218403)   #44
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi GT86, Penalties for breaches of regulations are clearly spelt out within regulations and it is the duty and responsibility of all Officials to enforce/apply them. Officials do not derive pleasure from having to conduct hearings and applying penalities and it is only as a result of the actions of the competitor/s that they have to do so.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3218467)   #45
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told several teams were warned at Hampton about the same thing and told they would be fined & points deducted if it happend again.

Surely if you just do an 'out lap' (then over the start finish line) and then an 'in-lap' [theoretically the passenger gets the last 3/4 of the first lap, then the first 3/4 of the final lap at full speed??]
Old 14 Mar 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3218470)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Van Gisbergen should be a bit more patient.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3218492)   #47
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Van Gisbergen should be a bit more patient.
Ah, the impetuousness of youth!

Did you hear the story about the old bull and the young bull? The two of them were standing on a hill looking down at a herd of cows. The young bull says, "Hey let's run down the hill and have us one of those cows!"

The old bull replies, "No, son, let's WALK down the hill and have us ALL of those cows..."
Old 20 Mar 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3221551)   #48
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2101393&type=1

Quote:
So far we only have Ford and Holden, but Car No. 22 is a Hyundai and looks fabulous, and we have interest from other manufacturers.
Sweet. It's confirmed.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3221553)   #49
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I think that was meant to be a secret
Old 20 Mar 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3221554)   #50
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I think that was meant to be a secret
Nobody can keep a secret these days.....

Wonder what 23 or 24 will be?