Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 13 Mar 2013, 04:06 (Ref:3217681)   #26
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
JamesK,

Your reply, suggest you have an issue in accepting the facts.

I can only repeat the facts, either you accept them graciously, or you dont, the decision is yours.

To suggest that it has, or will cost a team $45K for a new spec engine, ie. with the upgraded piston's and connecting rods could be called not only misleading but mischievous in its intent, I am not accusing you of that, however, I am saying the in the eyes of many people you could appear to be like a "dog with a bone" simply not wanting to let it go.

In the use-full life of a motorsport engine, it's not unusual to spend money freshening that engine, as was and is still the case with a TL spec NZV8's engine.

In our case the V8ST team owner has two recommended option's.

Option 1. Service the bottom-end, by replacing the piston's [which come complete with new Titanium connecting rods etc,] at a cost of $7,000, plus gaskets, bearing shells etc, a further $1000, and a fixed price labour content of $3,000, and finally a engine tech and resealing fee of $375, and the total cost is well under $12K plus GST.

Option 2. Purchase a brand new "Long engine" for $16,000, blue-print the bottom end of that engine for a fixed labour cost of $2,000, plus gaskets, bearing shell's etc if needed, for a further $1,000 and you have a brand new blue-printed Long engine for $19,000, plus GST.

Option 2 also allows the used long engine to be sold on Trade-me, or the like for say $10,000, and the complete, brand new replacement engine, effectively cost the team owner less than $10K. I know of no other form of premium racing series were the engine cost are so inexpensive, including the TRS series were you pay $15K just to lease the engine each season.

Mark Petch.
Technical Director,
V8 Supertourers Ltd
Gosh Mark not sure if these were facts???:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clMW15XwiWo
Old 13 Mar 2013, 04:53 (Ref:3217685)   #27
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey CCC, how's that crystal ball of yours? Been spot on so far, I hope you can tell us this week's Lotto numbers too...