Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 1 Oct 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3311657)   #26
Dav1s
Rookie

Dav1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I haven't been to any motorsport event since ST's at Puke, but it is my intention to go to the next HD enduro.
What I am REALLY looking forward to though is seeing the HD lap record get shattered by a Ferrari F1 car at the NZFMR...
another +1!

I certainly understand what everyone means about the exclusivity of the events too. Totally V8ST'd out. I feel like its on every second week at Puke or Hamptons!

NZFMR will be my next attendance locally
Old 1 Oct 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3311700)   #27
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1s View Post
another +1!

I certainly understand what everyone means about the exclusivity of the events too. Totally V8ST'd out. I feel like its on every second week at Puke or Hamptons!

NZFMR will be my next attendance locally
Yeah, one sprint at the start of the year and one enduro at the end per locality is enough for any type of V8 tin-top racing.

NZFMR is a lot more unusual in the types of cars to be seen.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3311707)   #28
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackkofoed View Post
Yeah they did. But its no incentive now and nor was it at Taupo for new drivers/cars as if you didn't do the Pukekohe round then your've missed out on a round's worth of points... Therefore no chance of winning the money.
Sounds like a waste of $20k then.....
Old 2 Oct 2013, 01:35 (Ref:3311721)   #29
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
They should make it $20k per round! Get Kim Dotcom on board! You'd see a full grid then!
Old 2 Oct 2013, 02:41 (Ref:3311732)   #30
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina107 View Post
ITM Cup (NPC) hasn't had big crowds for years, and is really only a feeder for Super Rugby and beyond. However, it's great to see that something like the Ranfurly Shield can still draw the crowds in the provinces. Go Counties!! But, I digress....

My point is that the crowd at HD was more likely to have been affected by the AB's playing at the unusual time of 11:40am on the Sunday after Daylight Saving started. All too easy to have a lazy Sunday watching sport on TV.
Good point Alpina. You cant blame it all on rugby but there is a heck of a lot of entertainment on offer between Auckland and Hamilton cities and given HD is 50ks away from each main centre that wont help either. Im not sure what they charged in the weekend but when I went to the Puke round they wanted $45 for an adult on the sunday which is no wonder they didnt get a crowd there.

There are so many events fighting for the entertainment dollar that if you dont do your DD then you will miss out especially if its a niche product like motor racing. Your gate price / Family price must be sharp as thats the first thing a family will check off, the entertainment must be good, weather must be good, the food must be good and good value.

I watched this round on TV and really enjoyed it especially some of those big name aussies against our kiwi blokes who some did a very good job.

I do hope V8ST send out a new memo after the weekend to Wayne Mclauglin reminding his team of driving standards for the next round and that they are enduro's not sprint races and there was 56 laps not 1.

From what I heard yesterday the next round will be 2 x 200km with fuel stops and that may entertain tyres as well. Yahoo
Old 2 Oct 2013, 03:18 (Ref:3311735)   #31
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
I do hope V8ST send out a new memo after the weekend to Wayne Mclauglin reminding his team of driving standards for the next round and that they are enduro's not sprint races and there was 56 laps not 1.

From what I heard yesterday the next round will be 2 x 200km with fuel stops and that may entertain tyres as well. Yahoo
I'll bet Wayne wouldn't have been too pleasant to be around after that incident.
I certainly hope we get proper endurance races next time, will be a good spectacle as the standard of racing was quite high over the weekend. The V8 Supercar drivers certainly raised the bar.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3311749)   #32
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
eeeek.....

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/10/0...ngthy-repairs/

Feel really sorry for these guys.

Was Lee Holdsworth to Blame for sending Webb off into the grass, or was Jono not giving Lee enough racing room?
Old 2 Oct 2013, 05:40 (Ref:3311754)   #33
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
eeeek.....

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/10/0...ngthy-repairs/

Feel really sorry for these guys.

Was Lee Holdsworth to Blame for sending Webb off into the grass, or was Jono not giving Lee enough racing room?
Was it Lee or Tim Edgell at the wheel?

Would be a bit of a laugh considering Waynes Speedcafe comments the other week if the guy who did 'bump him off' the track was a V8 Supercar driver and not one of those 'no-hoper, no talent V8ST drivers'

Personally I thought it was a pretty 50/50 deal. Although at the track, Mr. Waite did not agree.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3311758)   #34
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand that Edgell/Holdsworth received a post race penalty

Not sure who was driving
Old 2 Oct 2013, 06:16 (Ref:3311760)   #35
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pretty sure the Commentary said Edgell was driving. But we all know that's not 100%

Looks like Pace Developments will be getting a big pay day from that one
Old 2 Oct 2013, 06:17 (Ref:3311761)   #36
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More images from the Sunday. Had a laugh last night at Jack Perkins using one of mine as a Facebook profile picture Had less of a laugh at DJR using one of mine then attempting to convince me that not deleting my watermark was credit enough for its use.

Old 2 Oct 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3311764)   #37
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Looks like Pace Developments will be getting a big pay day from that one
Especially as any structural repair must be done by them who have to fly over and do all the work,
as you are not allowed to do your own structural repairs anymore.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 06:53 (Ref:3311766)   #38
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Especially as any structural repair must be done by them who have to fly over and do all the work,
as you are not allowed to do your own structural repairs anymore.
To suggest that there is some sort off price gouging going on in the chassis manufacture having to carry out the repairs to the pace chassis is just shear ignorance.

Other than the cost of the airfare's [2] the repair to the Tasman car's chassis will be completed in less than two day's.

I looked at the car/chassis today and it's a testament to the chassis design that the crash damage is so minor after such a big hit.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3311774)   #39
Swedish Brick
Racer

Oh so all the team does is pay for the air fares? No labour? No parts through Pace?
Old 2 Oct 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3311946)   #40
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bang for your buck?

If you're looking for bang for your buck and entertainment, why would you spend $45 an adult, when you could go to Thunder in the Park at Pukekohe for $15 for a weekend pass? 200 plus cars - transam, muscle cars, pre 65... quick fire racing, large fields and no gaps. And, under 16s free. So - Mum, Dad and 2 kids for $30. I should probably start a thread for it, but there is affordable quality racing to be watched.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3311956)   #41
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetroll View Post
If you're looking for bang for your buck and entertainment, why would you spend $45 an adult, when you could go to Thunder in the Park at Pukekohe for $15 for a weekend pass? 200 plus cars - transam, muscle cars, pre 65... quick fire racing, large fields and no gaps. And, under 16s free. So - Mum, Dad and 2 kids for $30. I should probably start a thread for it, but there is affordable quality racing to be watched.
Totally agree with you, if its "bang for Buck" the Thunder In The Park meeting is going to be huge, I would not miss it for quids. However, if you want to see some really big names racing in equal, and very fast cars, then $30 advance purchase is a great deal to watch the stars do battle, and get to say hi to them all at the signing sessions. If you want to make a same day decision and rock up on the day, I agree that $40 [not $45] was getting up there, however, its very hard to go up against the All Blacks, especially on a shitty cold as day.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3311965)   #42
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$45 was the Sunday rockup cost at Pukekohe, I paid.

Bang for your buck is what life is about now and it depends what your bang is that sways you.
Tim Edgell was at the wheel and his penalty is on the V8ST website points page. My opinion after watching it a few times along with replays is Tim should of given Webb a bit more room but Webb should have also backed off as well, he was the overtaking driver. Real unfortunate outcome really which claimed an innocent party.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3311997)   #43
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetroll View Post
I'd be up for that, when's it on?
Old 2 Oct 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3312036)   #44
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Goat Boy,

16 - 17 November at Pukekohe Park - think I'll start a new thread for it, but you can check out details at thunderinthepark.com
Old 3 Oct 2013, 05:33 (Ref:3312105)   #45
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was an electronic expo on at vector arena. As if it was hard enough to get kids off computers.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3312618)   #46
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the biggest winners of the weekend were the suppliers of the hand grenades bolted to the back of the engines.
Good steady business to be had there.
I think I read somewhere that one team lost all three gearboxes in the same session.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3313309)   #47
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Entertaining races.
How do laptimes compare with GT3 cars?

Small crowd.

Why is the series not running in the summer?
Old 5 Oct 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3313320)   #48
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Such a good question fire......next season kicks off at the end of jan from memory at highlands. So we do get some summer running. But at this stage, v8st is not part of the traditional summer series which kicks off in mid November with thunder in the park. There is a separate thread on this.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3313321)   #49
Swedish Brick
Racer

Not quite. ST said no one wanted to race in summer and no one wanted to go to watch racing in summer. That was their official line.
Myself and others pointed out that was a mistake.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3313332)   #50
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Whatever brick.....you're always right remember....