Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3701196)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Screen Savers & Desk Top pics

Inspired by JT's mention of Screen Savers, I thought (I do think now and again) that it might be fun to share our own screen savers, as it could give a clue as to one's personality, or indeed lack of it.

Mine is one I found on the internet, and hope that it is OK to post here.
Attached Thumbnails
0018207.jpg  
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3701204)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mine has been the same for over 3 years (I should probably change it!) but it is of Clive Wilson in David Lee's Tojeiro Jap in the one and only FISCAR FLIERS race so far run, at Castle Combe in 2013. The car was modified by Brian Lister in period for Archie Scott Brown to drive and known as 'The Asteroid'. It's an amazing looking car with an equally amazing sound:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3176SSJT.jpg  
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3701209)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What do these say about us then, John?
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3701212)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will not bite other than to say the pictures tell all, Bob.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 9 Jan 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3701213)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I will not bite other than to say the pictures tell all, Bob.
Luckily few will recognise either of them John.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3701225)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Screen savers are supposed to change, not be one photo so here's a few of mine
Attached Thumbnails
vul-s12.jpg   2016-06-08 13.18.15 (4).jpg   DSC_1324.JPG  

russ2.jpg   slow-horse.jpg  
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3701226)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mine is one I found on the internet, and hope that it is OK to post here.[/QUOTE]

Is it Jean Behra and a Gordini ? If yes, where?
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:16 (Ref:3701229)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yeah, I reckon Behra/Gordini, too.

Is there a protocol that says screen savers should be changed, Tim?

I'm outraged by the one with the pussy in it.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3701230)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Are we talking screen savers or desktop picture? Screen savers are supposed to change or at least move around as with the original CRT monitors one fixed picture would burn an image on the screen, I'm not sure f it's the same for the newer LCD or LED type monitors.
The pussy is Harry, AKA Edgar and Judas. We rescued him from a life of wandering round a hospital, he had cat flu and was a scrawny thing. We looked after him, fed him and got him fit. How does he repay us, he's moved in with the old woman over the road, but he is good to us as he pops over every day for a bowl of chicken.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3701232)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Oh, yeah, maybe it's a desk top pic. Perhaps, I should change the title.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3701235)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mine is one I found on the internet, and hope that it is OK to post here.
Is it Jean Behra and a Gordini ? If yes, where?[/QUOTE]

Briitsh Grand Prix 1954, Gordini T16. Retired lap 53 with suspension trouble.

Jeannot one of my all time heroes.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3701236)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yeah, I reckon Behra/Gordini, too.

I'm outraged by the one with the pussy in it.
I like the one with the bird in it, not sure about the horse though.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3701257)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Wallpaper is what my laptop calls the background pics! And I don't use any photos, only whatever the device has pre-installed... Boring, I know, but it was said to me by a very savvy friend that using a photo sucks a lot of memory? (And my memory sucks..... )
Old 9 Jan 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3701283)   #14
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Attached is my wallpaper. I took it at Mont Tremblant, Quebec at a Historic race meet
Bob H
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8047w.jpg  
Old 9 Jan 2017, 15:34 (Ref:3701286)   #15
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I posted in response to Mike Bell's last utterance, and included 6 of my own wallpapers, but the post seems to have disappeared. I realise that the thumbnails were not in a horizontal row, as Tim's are laid out for example, and would that be the reason the post disappeared.

And how does one post multiple pictures like Tim and others do? all help appreciated.

And for Mike, I checked on my laptop, and my desktop pictures (wallpapers) use negligible amounts of memory.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3701287)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I posted in response to Mike Bell's last utterance, and included 6 of my own wallpapers, but the post seems to have disappeared. I realise that the thumbnails were not in a horizontal row, as Tim's are laid out for example, and would that be the reason the post disappeared.

And how does one post multiple pictures like Tim and others do? all help appreciated.
In advanced mode click on Manage Attachments box and then click on choose file. You'll get a box come up which will allow you to link to the file on your PC, You then just locate the picture on your computer and repeat the same with as many files you want, then click upload. you wont see the pictures until you submit the post.
Hope that's understandable
Old 9 Jan 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3701291)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
Mike! Typical Tim, make things complicated. I had the same problem once.

Click on the 'paper ciip' icon (next to the smiley on the top line), and up comes a box. From this it should be self evident what to do, especially for an intelligent chap like yourself.

Bob. Wonder Techie.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3701294)   #18
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bob, I knew how to post a single picture, but when I posted 6 they displayed vertically, unlike the way that others do, 3 pictures horizontally.

And I still can't see how you do that! And where did my post go, and why?
Old 9 Jan 2017, 16:26 (Ref:3701299)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Bob, I knew how to post a single picture, but when I posted 6 they displayed vertically, unlike the way that others do, 3 pictures horizontally.

And I still can't see how you do that! And where did my post go, and why?
Mike all I can say is that when I fill in the 'URLs' (?) in the six boxes that appear when I click the paper clip icon the resultant post show the pictures in the two rows of three format.

What type of coal does your computer use?

When you click the 'clip' do you open a window showing a box with spaces for six 'URLs or whatever they are called?
When you click 'Browse' you should be able to load up to six pictures, and then click 'upload', and wait while they do so.

Clear as mud, ain't it?
Old 9 Jan 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3701302)   #20
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Click image for larger version

Name:	95f31420-d6b0-4cd6-aaa9-03d6d1a51a0c_6.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	48940

Name:	2829864.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	397.9 KB
ID:	48941

Name:	3951681-v4b15c650b52-16.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	48942

Name:	Cathay-Pacific-747-over-Hong-Kong-916x516.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	48943

Name:	Moors_3632.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	48944

Name:	Vulcan at Fairford.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	48945
Old 9 Jan 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3701306)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
And for Mike, I checked on my laptop, and my desktop pictures (wallpapers) use negligible amounts of memory.
That's interesting to know. I will get rid of the crap Windows pics then!

Looks like you're sorted, then..... Love the 380 pics.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3701310)   #22
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
My favourite is the 747 just about to touch down at Kai Tak in Hong Kong. It arrived at that point by following a slalom flight-path through a group of high rise apartment buildings, and was one of the most exciting places to fly into that was imaginable.

Still don't know how you clever clogs manage to post three photos abreast. Beats me!
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3701313)   #23
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
My favourite is the 747 just about to touch down at Kai Tak in Hong Kong. It arrived at that point by following a slalom flight-path through a group of high rise apartment buildings, and was one of the most exciting places to fly into that was imaginable.

Still don't know how you clever clogs manage to post three photos abreast. Beats me!
Mike do you fill in all six 'slots' before uploading?
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3701320)   #24
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mike do you fill in all six 'slots' before uploading?
Yes! But they are not from URLs (whoever he is), but uploaded through the browse feature, and saved from My Pictures folder on my laptop.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3701324)   #25
bauble
Veteran

England
Just filling in time.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_3736.jpg   _MG_0653.JPG   _MG_0793.jpg  

_MG_3262.jpg