Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Are you (provisionally) interested in going to the end of season dinner/drinks?
Yes 22 95.65%
No 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 4 Nov 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2575851)   #126
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, it's a white car. More than that I can't say but hopefully someone will have pics of what must have been a photogenic scrap! If it helps, he mentioned that he had just done Tour Britannia with it, might be some pics there or I think I might have seen one in Octane.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2575867)   #127
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Oh yes I know that car its Richard Lloyds old car and was driven at the WHT last year by Alan Rivers and very well I may add, I could'nt get near it in the wet conditions as my car was handling really bad in any hint of wet, done a few things to sort it since, and the engine would'nt rev over 5500rpm (now got a new engine) and I had stacked it hard in qually so was'nt really up for it. You done well to hold him off.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2575907)   #128
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Is this about Ace Cafe or have we strayed(again)
Still only 20 votes

How about scrapping pole and starting again asking how many are joining us.A vote for each anticipated body.eg If your bringing four people ,four votes.

Is that a good idea James as you are in charge of polls.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 04:12 (Ref:2576097)   #129
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
How about scrapping pole and starting again asking how many are joining us.A vote for each anticipated body.eg If your bringing four people ,four votes.
Can't be done John. You will need a new thread and poll. I can set it up if you like.

Quote:
Who is going to Ace Cafe 30 Dec?

Vote
1+1
1+2
1+3
1+4

If that's what would do it.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 08:22 (Ref:2576166)   #130
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
your making dangerous assumptions John, I'm not sure everyone can count, let alone add up!
Old 5 Nov 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2576175)   #131
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Why don't all interested in attending PM John with number of guests or coming alone and he can keep a tally.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2576204)   #132
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we've already said we're going, and said how many, its about 20 . . . if less turn up, as John suspects, we'll keep a low profile, if more turn up, the Ace can cope I'm sure. They can get 40 odd cars in the car park.

We don't need to book the place for lunch do we?
Old 5 Nov 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2576583)   #133
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Im definitely going for lunch and breakfast.Alan Morgan as well.Compte still has to get a pass out.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2576865)   #134
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
IF you get there for breakfast on 2 wheels you'll need until Lunchtime to thaw out
Old 25 Nov 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2589131)   #135
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can I assume that the 20 or so who confirmed they would turn up are still on.

Have confirmed with Ace today to expect about 20 cars/bikes and people between 11.30am and 3.pm on the 30TH DECEMBER 2009
Old 25 Nov 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2589153)   #136
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yup, I've sent off TB entry and Dec 30th at the Ace could possibly be an Xmas holiday highlight.................
Old 25 Nov 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2589191)   #137
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Myself, Cliff Ryan and his two boys will be there, may bring another histo racer if he wants to come, will confirm when I see him Sunday but he is usually up for this sort of thing.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2589202)   #138
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in.
Old 25 Nov 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2589228)   #139
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Can I assume that the 20 or so who confirmed they would turn up are still on.

Have confirmed with Ace today to expect about 20 cars/bikes and people between 11.30am and 3.pm on the 30TH DECEMBER 2009
Did you re-confirm so they give you a slap from thy winter slumber ?

we'll be there . . . I'm working on a vintage steed, but Mr subaru and his Legacy have the nod at the mo!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2589625)   #140
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
moi aussi + 1
Old 26 Nov 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2589764)   #141
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In view of the massive saving afforded me by not going to The Abdabs put me down for two please.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2589770)   #142
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah well,thats lowered the tone a bit.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2589779)   #143
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
perhaps we should alert the authorities and have a special tranny parking area
Old 26 Nov 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2589784)   #144
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
No,dont get dressed up for it Zef.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2589805)   #145
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
perhaps we should alert the authorities and have a special tranny parking area
Ha Ha i allways thoght Simon H was a bit of a pikie..I suspect i will be ariving in my VW Transporter.Sorry Joe Scooter wont be ready.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2589820)   #146
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
If Simon has saved that much,doe's this mean lunch is on him?
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2589859)   #147
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ha Ha i allways thoght Simon H was a bit of a pikie..I suspect i will be ariving in my VW Transporter.Sorry Joe Scooter wont be ready.

a bit? I've seen him lording it up in muddy fields like Worzel Gummage . . .Aunt Sally scrubs up alright though
Old 26 Nov 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2589877)   #148
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi! Don't take the pi55 - one doesn't get up to the smoke that often - us simple countryfolk could be a little out of our depth!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2589894)   #149
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Up? it be down from your muddy field, up from our gravelly patch

ooh how we used to dream of the luxury of a muddy field
Old 27 Nov 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2590119)   #150
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself and Fay are still planning to come I`m sure you need a couple of marshals to keep all you drivers in order !!
Closed Thread