Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Jan 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3605411)   #51
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a good move. Some big hits happen down there, and the marshalling isn't helped by the conditions underfoot. Well done Oulton for dealing with it.

Hopefully the spine offers better marshalling protection. Flagging standing on top of a bank with cars both sides of you and a potential large impact on one side, it's one of the few places I've refused to marshal at out of concern for my own safety. Well, when I say refused, more a case of on the second day I asked to be somewhere else.
Old 16 Jan 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3605455)   #52
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Out of curiosity I was just wondering whether or not there are lap position boards at Oulton these days. I haven't been there for 10 years and being an MSV circuit I assume that the like other circuits, B/Hatch for instance where I have been a season ticket holder for years and Cadwell which I visited last year, the lap position boards have completely disappeared. It's been a bone of contention of mine for ages and I have taken it up with B/Hatch but I'm informed that it's too expensive to consider installing something up to date to inform the spectator of race positions. There is I understand an "app" should you be in possession of suitable mobile device but unfortunately my funding does not run to such luxuries!
No scoreboard at Oulton. I remember the old one by the old scrutineering bay/med centre which the local scouts operated (sometimes had different positions on either side of it!) but that went years ago.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3606920)   #53
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Changes/Improvements to U.K. Circuits

Has any work been completed @ Castle Combe or Thruxton over the Winter gap, concerning the improvements to Marshals Posts etc?

Joe
Old 22 Jan 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3607049)   #54
Norbert
Racer

England
Norbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet marshal View Post
Has any work been completed @ Castle Combe or Thruxton over the Winter gap, concerning the improvements to Marshals Posts etc?

Joe
I walked round Thruxton with Pat in November and we discussed various issues.

Not everything will be able to be done so I won't go through the whole list because I don't want to get peoples' hope up but I know they are in the process of fitting hooks on most of the SC boards so that they can be hung on the debris fences rather than having to hold them. There are a couple of posts where the angle of the debris fencing does not make that practical though.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 19:40 (Ref:3607682)   #55
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Out of curiosity I was just wondering whether or not there are lap position boards at Oulton these days. I haven't been there for 10 years and being an MSV circuit I assume that the like other circuits, B/Hatch for instance where I have been a season ticket holder for years and Cadwell which I visited last year, the lap position boards have completely disappeared. It's been a bone of contention of mine for ages and I have taken it up with B/Hatch but I'm informed that it's too expensive to consider installing something up to date to inform the spectator of race positions. There is I understand an "app" should you be in possession of suitable mobile device but unfortunately my funding does not run to such luxuries!
there is a msv app on the app store available for free, does commentary but not sure about timing screen. last year in safety car at oulton we had the tsl website on which has lap by lap timing and also circuit map with positions on
Old 25 Jan 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3607891)   #56
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey View Post
there is a msv app on the app store available for free, does commentary but not sure about timing screen. last year in safety car at oulton we had the tsl website on which has lap by lap timing and also circuit map with positions on
The MSV app does give timing info (essentially it's the TSL timing screens). There is another version of the app for Brands (not sure about the other MSV circuits) that shows a layout of the circuit and each cars position on track. Nifty stuff and useful if you're out of range of the commentary - but cack all use if you don't have a smart phone (with a decent signal!).

Back onto topic - I see that there have been changes to the kerbing at Brands (Graham Hill Bend in particular). Not sure if there was a specific aim for this to achieve or whether it just needed doing?
Old 25 Jan 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3607899)   #57
Postie
Rookie

Wales
Leicester
Postie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have the Craner suites at Donington gone now ?
Old 27 Jan 2016, 10:13 (Ref:3608388)   #58
Norbert
Racer

England
Norbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxyon Update

The following work has been or will be completed at Thruxton before the season starts.

1. New sheds for Post 9 observer's point and Post 11 flag point. Not as big as the rest of the sheds but bigger than the current old workman's huts.
2. The majority of the Met Posts to hold the hazards boards have been moved to accessible positions.
3. New safety car boards for 9 posts to be hung from debris fencing.
4. Post 16 observer's/flag point rebuilt from scratch (new bank, armco and tyre wall).
5. Gravel base put down at Post 3, 18 and 19 flag points.
6. Tidying up behind armco between Post 18 and 20 including removal for the metal bar that was proturding from the ground.