Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jan 2015, 15:29 (Ref:3497630)   #51
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that the F15T of Doom, or the Hand of God?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 10:07 (Ref:3497940)   #52
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There appears to be conflicting "news" stories being published concerning the power-units to be used during the upcoming tests at Jerez. Initially it was being reported that Mercedes would be using their 2014 PSUs, and one would assume that so would their customer teams.

Now it is being said that Mercedes and Williams will be running 2015 units, whilst the rest have to make do with a supply of 2014 units. Confusing or what?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/on...jerez/?v=2&s=1
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:48 (Ref:3497973)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another sponsor heavy year for McLaren then.

Old 27 Jan 2015, 13:12 (Ref:3497980)   #54
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks weird seeing Alonso in anything other than Red.

Much the same i believe it will look weird seeing Vettel IN Red

Old 27 Jan 2015, 14:55 (Ref:3498005)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it is weird. for me its a guy with a beard in Mclaren kit. although he is in front of a green screen so they may be planning on using cgi to hide it.

Ron loosening up or did Alonso have the beard written into his contract?
Old 27 Jan 2015, 16:38 (Ref:3498027)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso is allowed the beard as it seems he is running the painting and decorating side of the business.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 16:53 (Ref:3498030)   #57
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Alonso is allowed the beard as it seems he is running the painting and decorating side of the business.

the first pic is of McBeard and his ladder.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3498068)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I hope he does a good job with the cars livery.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 00:20 (Ref:3498142)   #59
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
David ...
Old 29 Jan 2015, 08:23 (Ref:3498586)   #60
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Force India to miss first test?
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns29847.html
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:04 (Ref:3498665)   #61
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting Nose of the new mclaren - reminds me of 2007 a bit
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:17 (Ref:3498668)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
"Our cars will not feature a title sponsor at the first event," (Ron) Dennis explained, addressing media at the McLaren Technology Centre on Thursday. "But it will definitely feature a title sponsor in the next few event
That was last year btw, not this.

Beautiful car. Livery is terrible.

"Err, lads, it actually looks a lot like last year's car. Pass the red paint!"
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:34 (Ref:3498670)   #63
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The associated video really demonstrates how ugly the modern F1 cars are compared to the cars from the early nineties. MP4/6 v MP4/30. MP4/6 anyday of the week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...-ts=1422503916
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3498672)   #64
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty underwhelming. No white, dayglo red and black?
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3498676)   #65
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
It looks like the old 'West' sponsored car did when they went somewhere that didn't allow cigarette advertising. Still no sign of a title sponsor - worrying I'd have thought.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3498678)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It looks like the old 'West' sponsored car did when they went somewhere that didn't allow cigarette advertising. Still no sign of a title sponsor - worrying I'd have thought.
Don't worry. They'll have one by this time last year.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3498683)   #67
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chalk up someone else who is underwhelmed, it really is just a reverse of the Force India with red instead of orange. I was hoping for a change from chrome this year.

*edit*

Old 29 Jan 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3498688)   #68
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh come on!!!

"Paint them all the same, and you couldn't tell the difference" is a common criticism leveled at Formula One cars for a couple of decades now. The teams seem determined to be making that point for themselves!

Anything. Anything but grey.

Why would a title sponsor want their brand diluted by putting their logo on a car which looks like about 4 others to the untrained eye? Maybe that's part of the problem.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 15:00 (Ref:3498724)   #69
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It looks like the title sponsorship is being shared by Honda and Mobil and they'll probably feature another sponsor on the side pod as they did last year. Otherwise I like the cars lines and it's had a great nose job.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3498730)   #70
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
indeed similar to the FI livery but with a lot less sponsor logo clutter. i like it.

maybe they dont need a title sponsor or can afford to wait for the right one to come along.

Mclaren is clearly a soundly run business.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 17:23 (Ref:3498789)   #71
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only a small word about the McLaren livery... Red stops at the cockpit? Hello, a bit more color please?

Anyhow, I am curious as to how much is different than the 2014 car. The nose obviously (I still see some of the 2014 nose such as how the front wing is attached. The black paint covers up the similarities pretty well). What about the rear suspension? I haven't tried to look frame by frame of the intro video (it's computer rendering I think anyhow so who knows if it is 100% accurate and not hiding details). Are they using the 2014 curved rear wishbones with the "mushroom" cross section? Did that aero concept work out for McLaren last year? Is anyone going to copy it this year? I think it required a specific wishbone geometry to work (if I remember correctly) so it was unlikely anyone was going to copy it mid-season last year.

Richard
Old 29 Jan 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3498800)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Sneak peak at the Merc.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117502

Not quite as pretty as last year, on first impressions. But it's a poor picture!

EDIT: Another pic.

Old 29 Jan 2015, 20:08 (Ref:3498851)   #73
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Au contrare! I think it's better looking than last years. Best looking nose.

I like the looks of the Mclaren after viewing the pictures for a while, if it had a better livery it would be my favourite.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3498853)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, that is actually pleasant. Nose reminds me of the 1998/99 McLaren.

I really liked the stubbed nose on the W05 though.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 20:27 (Ref:3498860)   #75
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post

Au contrare! I think it's better looking than last years. Best looking nose.

I like the looks of the Mclaren after viewing the pictures for a while, if it had a better livery it would be my favourite.
It looks ok front end on, the nose looks less like a vacuum cleaner but the McLaren has the best nose job.