Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jan 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3494689)   #601
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Not especially, but I don't really think that darkness was a particular factor in the crash.....
I agree, the main problem was having a recovery vehicle on the circuit while cars were still circulating on a very treachorous surface.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 21:39 (Ref:3494975)   #602
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, theory is that you would red flag during heavy rain when you have plenty of time to finish the race before darkness. So starting the race one hour earlier reduces the pressure on the race director not to interrupt the race
Old 21 Jan 2015, 21:59 (Ref:3494979)   #603
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The review didn't limit itself to only improving aspects that definitely contributed to the crash or the severity of the crash.

Sensible.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 18:44 (Ref:3495223)   #604
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Apres in Brum or where are you watching?
Apres bar in Birmingham yes, round the back of the central library if you know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayburn View Post
I agree, the main problem was having a recovery vehicle on the circuit while cars were still circulating on a very treachorous surface.
Indeed, and f1 had a procedure (the safety car) already existing that would've ensured this accident didn't happen, but for some reason the fia have been very reluctant to bring out the sc when necessary for a few seasons now.
(See hockenheim where poor unpaid Marshals were expected to be thrown into a blind corner to prevent the multi millionares in their mobile crumple zones having their race disrupted by a sc)
Old 24 Jan 2015, 13:02 (Ref:3495952)   #605
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
Apres bar in Birmingham yes, round the back of the central library if you know it
Yes, I watched a few races there last year - good fun
Old 26 Jan 2015, 15:39 (Ref:3497633)   #606
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not directly related but read an article on the washington post about the trending increase in cable prices. here.

long and short, the higher TV prices (in N.America anyways) is coming from the networks and conglomerates attempting to outbid each other to buy up the various league rights and how naturally they are just pushing that price to the consumer.

some are averaging out the price increase across all customers while others are opting to charge a surcharge to anyone with a 'sports bundle'.

the league themselves are naturally happy to share the ever increasing TV money among themselves and its owners.

so basically its not just limited to F1 and really sucks for anyone who follows multiple sports.
Old 12 Feb 2015, 23:35 (Ref:3504394)   #607
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been announced this morning that F1 in Australia is going to pay tv, Foxtel, this year. Was expected to happen next year. Will be a similar deal to Britain in that half the races will be shown on FTA with the other half on delay. All races will be shown live on Foxtel. We will be getting Sky TVs coverage on Foxtel so we will get all practices as well as qualifying and the races.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3504418)   #608
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you have the money to afford Foxtel With the v8's also on a similar crap deal it looks like my motorsport focus will be on Live streamed endurance races and my sporting focus reverting back to football
Old 13 Feb 2015, 01:29 (Ref:3504422)   #609
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
In Hispanic America, Fox Sports will only show half of the races. The rest will air on F1 Latinoamérica. Nobody knows which providers will have it.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 11:34 (Ref:3504505)   #610
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I actually sincerely hope F1's popularity plummets.

These big-wigs need a wake up call, and sharp.

I'll continue to stream illegally, completely unashamed.

Selby
Old 13 Feb 2015, 11:51 (Ref:3504511)   #611
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
With the huge fees now being paid by Sky for football surely they will eventually run out of money as almost all the pay sports can either be viewed free in certain establishments or illegally on line. F1 must realise that if people have no choice but to pay to watch things the audience will shrink and eventually become less popular as people find other free or cheaper alternatives
Old 13 Feb 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3504525)   #612
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I have mentioned before about this kind of thing, the only thing as consumers you can do is not buy any of it.

Not attend F1 races, not pay for F1 on whatever network you are being asked to pay on.

That is the only power you have. But it is real power. As soon as you stop going, stop dutifully handing over your hundreds of pounds they will stop and listen.

It might take some time, but the choice is yours. It will also likely mean if thousands do it, losing a GP.

If you keep turning up at Silverstone or Melbourne, paying your scrip to Fox or Sky, you really have absolutely no reason to complain, as you are part of the problem.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3504545)   #613
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yup, I won't be doing any of those things. Illegal streams and proud, as you've left me no choice, F1!

I'm a single man with a temp job, renting a flat. I cannot afford a race a month for ridiculous amounts of money. It's not fair.

Selby
Old 13 Feb 2015, 13:49 (Ref:3504547)   #614
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Yup, I won't be doing any of those things. Illegal streams and proud, as you've left me no choice, F1!

I'm a single man with a temp job, renting a flat. I cannot afford a race a month for ridiculous amounts of money. It's not fair.

Selby
I'm 67 and have been following F1 since they had engines in the front, I clearly remember those Grainy Black & White 428 line pictures of the British GP and the treat of seeing Monaco live as the only GP's that were shown in the 1960's.

Today...Luxury!...I watch Sky F1 channel in Pin Sharp, High Definition, Colour viewing of EVERY practice session, Qualifying and Race LIVE...with expert analysis by differant F1 experts like Brundle, Herbert, Hill, Senna etc who know what they're talking about...for a mere £10.50 per month !!!! (I don't have Sky Sports...Ball Games are for Children & Dogs!)

I couldn't care less who owns Sky!...Rich men own all of the things we all desire and need anyway, it's the way it is, and the way it will always be!

I feel REALLY sorry for people who for some daft political or Penny-Pinching reason havn't got SKY F1...Blow having to wait to watch delayed recordings of most of the races! 'Real Enthusiasts' watch it LIVE!
Old 13 Feb 2015, 14:25 (Ref:3504559)   #615
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Today...Luxury!...I watch Sky F1 channel in Pin Sharp, High Definition, Colour viewing of EVERY practice session, Qualifying and Race LIVE...with expert analysis by differant F1 experts like Brundle, Herbert, Hill, Senna etc who know what they're talking about...for a mere £10.50 per month !!!! (I don't have Sky Sports...Ball Games are for Children & Dogs!)
I assume that's £10.50 a month on top of an existing Sky sub you already have? As someone who doesn't have Sky I'd be looking at what - £40 or £50/month on top of my existing outgoings? Not worth it just for F1, I have no interest in any of the other stuff they show that I can't already get on Freeview.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 14:28 (Ref:3504561)   #616
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Real Enthusiasts are also then responsible for the situation being as it is now. Real enthusuasts will pay beyond the value of what the sport is. Will pay hundreds of pounds to watch a show that makes no effort and is simply there. Will pay 40 quid to watch testing for goodness sake!

If you are going to ine the pockets of people who need you more than you need them, then fine, be over zealous, be a consumer, be a victim of being unable to wait.

But do not decry those that have principles. As it is those that have more voice to complain, not those that bend over and allow themselves to be well and trullied!

I feel not sorry but embarassed for people who just hadn over money for a product that makes no attenpt whatsoever to woo them and are also then paying for a sport they dont even watch?

That is the absolute definition of a sheep.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 16:22 (Ref:3504599)   #617
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm 67 and have been following F1 since they had engines in the front, I clearly remember those Grainy Black & White 428 line pictures of the British GP and the treat of seeing Monaco live as the only GP's that were shown in the 1960's.

I couldn't care less who owns Sky!...Rich men own all of the things we all desire and need anyway, it's the way it is, and the way it will always be!

I feel REALLY sorry for people who for some daft political or Penny-Pinching reason havn't got SKY F1...Blow having to wait to watch delayed recordings of most of the races! 'Real Enthusiasts' watch it LIVE!
There's no way you can be paying a mere £10.50 per month. What about the rest of your Sky bundle?
Old 13 Feb 2015, 16:38 (Ref:3504604)   #618
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's my 'real enthusiast' discount.

You can apply HERE.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 13 Feb 2015 at 16:44.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 17:22 (Ref:3504615)   #619
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby
As far as I understand it, watching a stream is not illegal. Operating one may well be.

I haven't missed a race and would rather eat my own arm off than hand over money to Murdoch's disgusting organisation.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3504616)   #620
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If F1 only cost £10.50 a month then it would be reasonale value but you have to get a whole pile more sky 5#i7 along with it for another fee which added up to something well over 60 a month last time I checked.

Do other part is I don't like sky as an organisation as evidenced by the way their owners have operated in other media outlets.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3504621)   #621
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

My Sky F1 is free. For now anyways.

I still mightily object to it being on Sky though and I was a subscriber in the first place.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 18:54 (Ref:3504633)   #622
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
My Sky F1 is free. For now anyways.

I still mightily object to it being on Sky though and I was a subscriber in the first place.
How come it's free?
Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:09 (Ref:3504639)   #623
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I threatened to leave Sky and fabricated a deal with Virgin Media basically. As well as some persuasive tactics on the (very nice) Sky lady over the phone.

Not only is my F1 free, but my whole package is about half price.

All that matters to Sky is subscriber numbers they can show to their shareholders. They will do anything to keep you.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:38 (Ref:3504651)   #624
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm embarrassed for you.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3504658)   #625
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Funny that Knowlesy, I got the sports package and faster broadband from Virgin for peanuts by doing the same thing.

For the uninitiated, "can I speak to the retention team?" appears to be the magic incantation.

Tags
pinks