Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jan 2011, 23:43 (Ref:2820140)   #1
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Formula Fords,,,anyone selling?..getting popular.

I've been asked if anyone has an eligible car for sale (in any state I believe) for yet another keen chap to join us and oddly there aren't many in abundance.

We have about 3 or 4 new guys joining us in the series already and I guess what reserve we thought we had is running dry.

Anyone wishing to sell let me know please?

Drivers rep. DD.

PS some of us have a pre-Retro Show meal and a pint or two at a pub at Bubbenhall (just down the road from the show) the night before with camper van etc plus breakfast at the pub. Probably Thursday night. If anyone would like to join us let me know.
If not, see you on the grid at Donington March 20 boys. Snow shovels may be handy..
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2820500)   #2
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume you have spoken to Peter Perfect ? Did I not see Willis's yellow Lola for sale recently - may have gone gone gone by now. That said, from my perspective most HFFords are gone gone gone as soon as the light turns green :-( (anyone have any quick weight loss recommendations).

If condition isnt critical, I left most of what was until then a good engine down Graham Hill, another one half way round Clearways, front chassis body and steering in Paddock Hill Bend, and some of those springy damper thingies at Knickerbrook and there's also the back half of a Lenham at Stebbes - tat shoudl be a good start in creatin the Frankenstein Mk1
Old 25 Jan 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2820526)   #3
pd88
Rookie

pd88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.............that also goes for Historic FF2000 cars as well as FF1600. After talking to people over the past couple of weeks; I think both Campionships are going to have a bumper year
Old 25 Jan 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2820606)   #4
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Nice one McMutley!! Not a bad idea - get the marshalls to see how much of a FF can be got at the end of a brush... Might turn into a podium-winning car...na, don't think so..to challenging even for Mr PA et al.
Yep, here's to a v.good racing year.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2821962)   #5
Tony Folkes
Rookie

England
Kempston Beds
Tony Folkes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic FF1600 Forsale ?

Hi Dick

I am sure you must remember me Tony Folkes Lotus 61 No 96 Close mate of Dave Lowe.
Photo & Me can be seen on Classic FF1600 web site (3rd in class 2007) Not Raced since.
Sadly I am not permitted a race licence as I have an ICD (Defibrillator) Too honest with medical declaration.
So 61 and toys have to go.
Complete nut and bolt rebuild for 2007 season. Car DRIVEN not Raced therefor needs just pre race checks before use.
I have got all the toys for racing,Car,Campervan,Covered Trailer and overalls.
Really hate to sell this lot as I have worked very hard to get everything set up for my retirement. NOW I am denied this.
Car is on Len Selby's site.

Sad Chap

Tony Folkes

Last edited by John Turner; 31 Jan 2011 at 12:09. Reason: Personal info. removed with Tony's agreement/acceptance
Old 29 Jan 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2822202)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tony, warm welcome, and I'm sorry to learn of your situation. Please stick around and get involved in the discussions even though you cannot race anymore.

Whilst I understand that you are not worried about secrecy, it is part of the site rules not to have personal contact info. on the threads, but I'll leave it up there for a while. Posters can also contact you via our PM service - provided that you have it switched on, of course!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 00:22 (Ref:2822977)   #7
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Got that Tony and sent to prospective... Sorry you are selling as you must very well be... what about running in Paul Matty's sprint championship?
Old 4 Feb 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2825779)   #8
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Deleted!

James, not letting that one pass; it's a bit of a hijack, I feel, and I think we've got your message on other more appropriate threads! JT

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Feb 2011 at 10:04. Reason: See my comments, above!