Old 15 Jan 2003, 17:22 (Ref:475279)   #326
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Er, try it through 11 and 12, I meant.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 22:51 (Ref:476701)   #327
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lee, re: Albert Park, I like what you've done at turn 1. I reckon that the track should have been done like that in the first place.

I also like your new turn 4. This makes for a faster corner, and a quicker approach to 5.

Re: going flat out all through the back - safety would meen that it would never happen. It's just too narrow through that long left section.

I agree with making 11 and 12 flat out, however I don't necessarily see that you need to get rid of the previous chicane, as the cars are already in top gear at turn 11 anyway.

What about removing the turn 6 chicane and turning that into a slight kink, making turn 7 a FAST sweeper. Not sure if the lack of runoff would allow that.

Also, I think the last 2 turns are possibly a little too tight. Without traction control, that last corner is one of the most challenging to get right. I still remember Hakkinen sticking it in the fence there.

Your changes to the back would certainly make it ... ah ... eye-opening!
Old 17 Jan 2003, 00:16 (Ref:476757)   #328
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, who did move this to Trackside?
Old 23 Jan 2003, 00:25 (Ref:483000)   #329
mac
Veteran

My newest track is Cabbage Tree Raceway.

Cabbage Tree has 3 passing spots and a mix of fast, medium and slow corners.

My favourite part is through turns 8 and 9.

Thoughts?
Old 23 Jan 2003, 00:27 (Ref:483004)   #330
mac
Veteran

Oops, the track ....
Attached Images

Old 23 Jan 2003, 03:28 (Ref:483124)   #331
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Kinda funky place for the pits, mac. Pretty slow track, but it's got some good passing spots. Could make some good, tight racing.

Whoever moved this thread has never had the courage to admit it.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 03:32 (Ref:483126)   #332
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Here's my new track. It's a massive testing facility to be built out in the desert near LA or Vegas. It has a Daytona-style 2.5 mile oval, a far larger high-speed test track, and numerous road course sections, including the massive Grand Prix circuit. Runoff is endless on the road courses, so they can be safely run in either direction, allowing teams to make the most of the facility in testing, and basically make up their own track in the process.

Here's the full facility:
Attached Thumbnails
test track.gif  
Old 23 Jan 2003, 03:33 (Ref:483127)   #333
Lee Janotta
Veteran

And just the GP circuit:
Attached Thumbnails
testgp.gif  
Old 25 Jan 2003, 22:38 (Ref:485919)   #334
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought I was the only person in the world who did this, good stuff

I spend most of my time though redoing tracks already in existance.

My biggest is Brands Hatch, haven't got any drawings scanned in to put up here though
Old 26 Jan 2003, 13:26 (Ref:486407)   #335
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
me 2!

I´ve made modifications of all the current f1 trax. Pics comin...

I´ve made those tracks plus three more:

Lyngbyvej Autodrome, which is situated just outside my hometown, based on the real landscape, and not overlapping any houses.

The Denmarkring, also situated near myself, right outside the nationalpark of Rebild. This circuit though, isnt realistic, because the area is used for hotels and parkinglot aso.

Tichvin-Pikalevo-Boksitogorsk Ring (formerly known as TPB-Ring), is situated in the area between Tichvin, Pikalevo and Boksitogorsk, in the area between St.Petersburg and Lake Ladoga in Russia.

picz comin´.
Old 26 Jan 2003, 13:41 (Ref:486420)   #336
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
So here it iz, the Denmarkring.

Its my first work.

This is the only one of my trax, that is 100% designed by myself, with no already existing parts.
Attached Thumbnails
denmarkring2.jpg  
Old 26 Jan 2003, 13:42 (Ref:486422)   #337
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
The Denmarkring is situated around Rebild, in the northern part of Denmark, sorrounded by rolling hills.
It´s based on Suzuka, Road America, Monza and Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico.
From the start, you go down the start-finish straight, to the tight Magnussen Esses, which is an uphill right-left-right combination. On the uphill part of the track now, comes the Cimber Curve, a pretty slow right corner. After this comes another slow one, Belso, a lefty that leads to a small straight down to The Spoon, which is a big and difficult 200 degree turn, followed by the very hard left turn at 15R. Then comes a long downhill straight, the Jaccar Straight, with opportunities for the cars to reach maximum speed of the track, about 350 for the fast cars. Then comes, quite simply, The Hairpin, which is a very difficult downhill hairpin, and here the brakes have to stop the var from 350kmh down to about 60.
After The Hairpin, you continue downhill, on the Stewart straight, which is pretty similar to the Jaccar. Then comes Rebild, a corner, tough to the car, because you come down from higher altitude, and imediately accelerates to high altitude again. This the most difficult place on the track.
Then you go up the Greenland straight, a steep climb, up to the H.C. Andersen corner, which is to be taken flat out! After that, youre on the start finish straight downhill again…
The best overtaking will be in the Magnussen Esses, the Cimber curve, and Belso. Also, if you can control your car, the Rebild can be used.
The whole track is abot 3,5 km. long.
I got the idea, because I think that my homecountry of Denmark is in the lack of a good autodrome. Rebild lies only about 15 km. away from my home, so it would be nice with a circuit there. It will also boost the tourism, with also the national park Rebild Bakker around.
The ideal time of an formula 1 grand prix, would be in the end of july or the start of august, though I think the track is more fitted for Moto GP and touring cars.
Old 26 Jan 2003, 22:17 (Ref:486794)   #338
mac
Veteran

Very tight and twisty, with some very tight turns. There would be a couple of passing spots, and that last turn complex intrigues me.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 23:13 (Ref:487809)   #339
mac
Veteran

I really like my latest track - Victoria Cove.

Victoria Cove features 2 very good passing spots, at turns 1 and the final chicane.

Plenty of enjoyable corners, including 2 carousel type turns.

My favourite parts are the turns 2 & 3 esses, and the run from the hairpin to the final carousel turn.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
victoriacove.jpg  
Old 28 Jan 2003, 16:30 (Ref:488452)   #340
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
what do you mean with, that it intrigues u?
Old 28 Jan 2003, 21:22 (Ref:488691)   #341
mac
Veteran

I mean it's an interesting combination of corners. It's such a simple configuration, but I can't recall seeing a configuration just like that on any other track.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 00:33 (Ref:488875)   #342
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst crossed with Lakeside& Phillip Island?
Old 29 Jan 2003, 05:27 (Ref:489041)   #343
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Pretty good mac, though the section before it turns back towards the pits feels a bit contrived... And why the chicane?

Hey! Mapquest _finally_ got satellite photos of Vancouver up! So I devised this track, Vancouver World Speedway. I designed it to have minimal impact on the ecology of the land. Cutting down trees just breaks my heart...

I'd love to hear feedback, as I think I could make some revisions to this design, I'm just not sure where.
Attached Thumbnails
6.jpg  
Old 29 Jan 2003, 14:04 (Ref:489429)   #344
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
thx mac...

No it´s pretty... well... The inspiration was the last courve on Hermanos Rodriquez, before it was rebuild... It´s like a breaked oval curve...

Otherwise, the inspiration comes from different trax all ´round...
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:58 (Ref:489985)   #345
mac
Veteran

The chicane is there to add an extra passing spot. Eliminating the chicane would do nothing for the track. It would remove a passing spot, and would just see the cars going in a straight line for longer.

Thanks moffman.

Lee, VWS looks pretty good. The part after turn 4 reminds me of the section after turn 4 on Victoria Cove.

Overall, an enjoyable drive. However, it would be very difficult to pass on.

And you know I'm not a massive fan of combined oval-roadcourse tracks.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 12:49 (Ref:490518)   #346
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Hey! That last part of Victoria Curve is kinda cool... Well, the whole track is nice...
Old 30 Jan 2003, 19:21 (Ref:490916)   #347
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
TPB-Ring

Thizizit...the TPB-Ring:

The TPB is located in the triangle tween Tichvin, Pikalevo and Boksitogorsk, located south of Lake Ladoga in Russia.

I didnt think much bout this track, the original idea was to take the best curves from all ze russian trax, and put´em together... The result: A monster track, that i almost deleted, untill i saw, that if i cut like half of it away, it would look nice...:

You start going down Tichvin straight, which ends up in a tight lefthander, going to the Kajvaksa combinations, which is a combination of left-right curves. This ends up in the LADA curve, a nice open curve with very wide track. After this you go down the AKWA, which is like a bigger version of "The Kink" @ Watkins Glen, leading to Levskij, which bows out, and ends in a 70 degree turn. Hereafter you race down the backstraight down to Pikalevo corner another pretty tight one, leading down to Boksito, which is more of a brake-down turn. Then comes to irritating chicanes, the Pasa and Domosirvo, until you come to the most exiting part of the track. Inspired by the big loop at Nevskoe Ring, "Kukuj" is a huge banked curba, with possibilities of hitting near 350km/h. This ends in an open fast corner at Boksitogorsk, and then flows backinto the Tichvin straight.

Best overtaking possibilities: 1st corner, Boksito + the possibility of getting the lowest line in Kukuj.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tpb_tichvin_pikalevo_boksitogorsk_ring_monochrome.jpg (6.5 KB, 143 views)
Old 30 Jan 2003, 22:24 (Ref:491085)   #348
mac
Veteran

Very twisty. Almost too twisty, but the twists look reasonably paced.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 14:48 (Ref:491895)   #349
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
I agree with you hundred procent, it IS very twisty... It´s the one and only of my trax thats like that... I dunno if it would be good for F1, but Moto GP! I could just see Rossi and co. flying around Kukuj...
Old 31 Jan 2003, 14:58 (Ref:491910)   #350
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Lee Janotta:

I'd love to hear feedback, as I think I could make some revisions to this design, I'm just not sure where.

And so it is:

U r in the lack of a nice full-throttle straight, i could picture it humm... well... continuing the s/f straight on the west couse maybe...

Otherwise itza nice track...