Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 7 Dec 2014, 22:29 (Ref:3482955)   #76
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
A huge weekend for motorsport in Auckland area. Anyone know how many spectators attended TITP on Saturday?
Motorbikes 1st round at Hampton Downs, Drift Shifters in the city, Speedway at Western Springs. What a weekend, couldn't get to it all, had to prioritise and choose.
Mega numbers at Drift Shifters. TITP didn't do very well on the Saturday I hear but was alright on the Sunday from what I saw.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 02:15 (Ref:3482994)   #77
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yep a lot bigger crowd on Sunday than last year.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 03:06 (Ref:3483003)   #78
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Over to you Nigel... (if you are reading this)

If the current sponsors in some of the less well supported classes put up their money as meeting sponsors (or individual grid sponsors) instead, we might well be able to see some decent racing on TV and then the crowds would improve.

They will never get back to the 1970s levels but if the TV works and gets good support, advertisers will be happy. You don't need vast crowds at a race meeting to make a profit. You need a large (paying) driver entry. Crowd income is just the icing on the cake.

Well done to all concerned as a 227 driver listing is brilliant.
Hi Socram, I gotta wear my Network Producer hat here so what I say may not be received too well. It's a great idea to get heaps of classes contributing together to pay the cost of making TV, it's the model I have been advising to ST for some time.. and it works... My problem is that as Producer of CRC Motorsport my responsibility is to maximise our audience share for Sponsors and the Network, that means screening a balanced, entertaining mixture of Motorsport.. if I screened a massive amount of local Motorsport at the expense of MotoGP, WRC, & WEC the show would not survive... sadly what I am saying is to much local Motorsport would not deliver the audience numbers . If I had my way I would love to screen as much local motorsport as possible.. regrettably I don't.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3483187)   #79
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fair comment Nigel. An occasional meeting as above, even if just once a year would be adequate to show the general public. A restricted diet of the same one make/two make classes gets monotonous and a bit of variety now and again of the lesser groups would not go amiss. It does not need total series coverage.

Meanwhile, I have to whittle down our oversubscribed 55 car entry for a 46 car grid at the second weekend of the Ganley Festival...
Old 8 Dec 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3483231)   #80
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Fair comment Nigel. An occasional meeting as above, even if just once a year would be adequate to show the general public. A restricted diet of the same one make/two make classes gets monotonous and a bit of variety now and again of the lesser groups would not go amiss. It does not need total series coverage.

Meanwhile, I have to whittle down our oversubscribed 55 car entry for a 46 car grid at the second weekend of the Ganley Festival...
I think you have hit on a great idea Socram... I would be very keen to Broadcast Thunder in the Park as an Event.. I would be happy to commit 3 Hours of CRC Motorsport on a Sunday to Thunder in the Park.. all we need to do is cover the costs of the TV Outside Broadcast facility and I would do the rest... Good luck in reducing your field for the Festival..
Old 16 Dec 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3485600)   #81
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As per above, we weren't able to do a deal for TV this year, so we took a step sideways. Here's the teaser. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=794639477238576&set=vb.530110460358147&type=2&theater

There will be 4 x 30min segments released. Hopefully gives you a feel for our weekend. It was gorgeously sunny, great racing and Glenn Smith took the outright lap record (again) with a stunning 01:02.069.

Old 4 Mar 2015, 03:21 (Ref:3511465)   #82
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys - for those of you who enjoyed GT Radial Thunder in the Park, why not check out the sister meeting - CARnival, at Hampton Downs 21 - 22 March, $15 weekend pass - kids under 16 free with paying adult - free carparking.

Featuring Pre 65, Supermini & Star Car, Formula First, Formula Ford, Porsche, GT1 & GT2, NZGT, Super 6 & HQ and SS2000.

Wander the pits, talk to the drivers and watch the quickfire racing trackside.